Anonymous

More rules for Great Lent. The world would be a better place if we all did these things. 

“During Lent we don’t only want to fast from food. You fast with your mouth and your ears. You hold council with your tongue, so that you’re fasting from gossip and slander. You don’t have sex during Great Lent because you’re abstaining from the passions of the flesh. You do more acts of charity, and you spend more time in prayer. You spend more time in reading the Scripture. because that’s what makes the fast. It’s not just what you eat. It’s how much you’re eating. It’s a concept called “right eating,” eating the right foods at the right times in the right amounts for the right reason, how to correct yourself and what you need to do to get to the celebration of the resurrection, because ultimately you’re working toward getting into the kingdom of heaven.”

@NikeBG I do mean the building and the interior atmosphere. My Methodist Church has a wonderful community of people. I had lots of fun with the church youth group in my teen years. I’ve gone on many spiritual retreats that were healing and brought me deeper into my faith. There is a wide diversity of age groups at my church, as well. There is a modern contemporary service and a traditional service on Sundays. So, something for everyone. I can walk to my church, which is great in the warmer weather. I always feel refreshed and ready to take on the week after attending Sunday services. So, the Protestant experience is certainly not a bad one. I just don’t like extreme religions that veer into cultish or harmful practices. 

Slavorum

7 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Piachu
  • kony97
  • Glockamole
  • Tujev
  • кошка
  • ca$hbunni