• This topic has 13 voices and 16 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

10 Delicious Slavic Cakes You Must Try

There were fewer desserts in traditional Slavic cuisine of common folks. Cakes, pastries, chocolate,…

Read the full story here

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

Orehnjača / Orechovník wins hands down!

Anonymous

Perun!

There are different pan-cakes. Thin larger in size bliny (crêpes) and thicker smaller in size aladki. Both can be eaten on dessert, while aladki is usually a dessert or breakfast type food. You posted a picture of a dessert providing description for another dish. This is a better description for aladki

Aladki, is one of the oldest traditional Belarusian dishes and a traditional breakfast food which can be either sweet or savory. They may also be appetiser, main course, dessert; another Slavic dish.

Anonymous

Orehnjača / Orechovník wins hands down!

I beg to differ. Honey cakes are the best tasting cakes.

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

@Sviatogor Oh man did you even try Orehnjača / Orechovník ? :D

Anonymous

We bake similar ones filled with nuts in shape of pirozhki. They are not rolled as Orechovník. The rolled ones are usually poppy seed cakes.

Honey cakes (Medovik) are exceptional cakes. They also very popular in western and eastern Slavic countries.

Anonymous

In Poland we have a version of #2 – called chałka :) #5 and #6 are very popular, well poppy pies (not only a roll, also regular rectangular pie with poppy seed layer) are favourite for many people. #7 is indeed incredibly popular, especially in summer – imagine soft, flufy cheesecake straight from the fridge, when it’s hot outside :) And we eat a lot of #9 pancakes. We have 2 kinds – thin, soft crepes called naleśniki, and thick, small and fluffy (made with yeast) called racuchy (sometimes bliny, in eastern parts of country). And we also eat them many ways – with fruits, sour cream, jam, nuttella, condensed milk (my fav version), or with meat. And 10# is indeed popular in Poland.

Anonymous

poppy seed cake and kozunak look very good to me :)

Anonymous

Makovnjača FTW

Anonymous

Orahnjaca i makovnjaca su vrh iako bi vrlo rado probala i medovik :)

Anonymous

Malo mi vuče na madjaricu al mozda samo meni

Anonymous

Orahnjaca i makovnjaca su vrh iako bi vrlo rado probala i medovik :)

Medovik su vrh. Orahnjaca i makovnjaca taste good too.

Anonymous

How can you forgot a “ČESNICA”, traditional Serbian Christmas cake?

Anonymous

@”Branislav Popov” česnica recipe differs in different regions, maybe that’s why they avoided it. Or they simply went for really delicious cakes and there’s there is that Kozunak which is similar, I wouldn’t want to read about 5 types of bread when the title says there’s 10 cakes :D

Anonymous

Top cakes are orahnjača i makovnjača

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

8 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Tujev
  • 'las
  • Jan Pat II
  • slovborg
  • Fia
  • Lucifer Morningstar