• This topic has 10 voices and 19 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    [size=18pt]Wszystkiego Najlepszego![/size]

Anonymous

Happy birthday, western neighbours :)

Anonymous

Oh, that's why there are Polish flags everywhere  :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Happy birthday, western neighbours :)

Thanks, eastern neighbor!

Quote:
    Oh, that's why there are Polish flags everywhere  :)

LOL, yes, that would be it :)

In Wrocław, the nationalist party NOP is holding their annual march tomorrow (or later today Polish time). I wish I could be there. Maybe next year.

Anonymous

Happy 94th anniversary of Polish Independence !

Anonymous

I saw some beautiful banners tonight. MAY TRADITION NEVER DIE! 1,045 years of existence of Polish state thus far (since establishment by mighty Piasts in 966), many more of our folk as nation and many more to come!!! NEVER AGAIN FOREIGN RULE!!!

Anonymous

Poland should go back to their ancestral roots and revive Pagan worship and call the country "POLSKA-LECHIA".
    I know I'm dreaming but I'm allowed  ;D

Only then we could say that Poland has no Foreign rule or influence.  It sure as hell wasn't Polish people who Forcibly brought Christianity among themselves.  Christianity was only accepted for political reasons anyways…. we don't need it anymore :P

Anonymous

Hell yeah!  Polish Power!  ;D      Happy B-Day Ojczyzno!

Anonymous

Some additional facts about celebration of Polish Independence Day

Polish Independence Day is the most important Polish national holiday, celebrated on November 11, that commemorates regaining an independence in 1918, after 123 years of partitions by Austria-Hungary, Germany, and Russia.

In 1918, November 11, general Pilsudzki assumed control of Poland. This event was a symbol of the beginning of II Republic of Poland. Borders and political system was shaped in 1921. To commemorate the beginning of independent Poland in 1937, November 11 was proclaimed as a national holiday. During People's Republic of Poland period it was forbidden to celebrate November 11.

Independence day is encouraging people to think about patriotism. Holiday is celebrated in every region of Poland, but the main activities takes place in Warsaw. On the Pilsudzki's Square there are military parades and delegations are laying flowers at the Tomb to the Unknown Soldier. During that day Poland is giving honour to general Pilsudzki. In every region of Poland people are hanging flags and are attending masses for their fatherland.

Polish Independence – Key Dates

1772 – 1795 Poland is partitioned between Prussia, Russia and Austrian and disappears from the map
    1914 – 1918 World War I
    1918 – Independent Polish state restored
    1939 – Poland invaded by Nazi Germany and The Soviet Union
    1945 – World War II end. Poland loses territory to the Soviet Union but gains some from Germany
    1947 – Poland becomes a Communist People's Republic after Soviet-run elections
    1989 – Round-table talks between Solidarity, the Communists and the Catholic Church ahead of partially free elections
    2004 – Poland joins the EU

Poland's Road to Independence
    Polish Independence Day

Happy Independence Day, Rodacy! :)

Anonymous

Excellent information! Thanks, Prelja!

Anonymous

Thank you, Wilko :)

Anonymous

This is very important date, but its only symbolic. I don't try to disturb anybody in celebration, but there is something alarming… Everywhere they talking about restored independence, but much part of polish community don't feel anything special with this day. We only talk about history, Polish Heroes of those time, but we do nothing to propagate our national unity and identity. We still live with divisions from times of partitions. In my region of Greater Poland people still say:

"Europa kończy się w Strzałkowie, a od Konina, Azja się zaczyna"

eng. Europe ends in Strzałkowo and Asia begins in Konin

And we know that in others regions of Poland, we can see something similar.
    Our mentality is still divided according from which partitions we come. Returning to date of restored polish indepence, there was similar problems. In Greater Poland we prefer to celebrate date of Greater Poland Uprising 1918/1919 – 27 of December than 11 of November. When in TV they talking only about indepence, we prefer to celebrate our local festival of St. Martin's Day and eat our "rogal świętomarciński" – kind of kifli. That's example which I know best, but there is much more of them. We shouldn't think and talking about that but finally do something with this and after that fully celebrate this day with all Poles above avery divisions.

Anonymous

and besides all that today is the day Elder Scrolls V Skyrim is released  ;D

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Official Gameplay Trailer

P.S.- Happy Birthday Poland!

Anonymous

I am disappointed with today's Independence Day. Both left and right wingers didn't showed themselves from good side. Instead of celebrating they were fighting.

Anonymous

Independence Day march according to Polish media

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

10 User(s) Online Join Server
  • ca$hbunni
  • Jan Pat II
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Nefario
  • 'las
  • GOGA