• This topic has 36 voices and 48 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

30 Things That Mean You Are Slavic

Do you even wonder what makes people Slavic? or what is that trait that will defiantly make you fami…

Read the full story here

Anonymous

”Which language is the word ”propuh” taken from?
    In slovene we use the word ”suša” for it, coming from suh (dry) -> suša (the process of palatalization where ‘h’ turns into ‘š’).

Lep pozdrav!”

Ok, this was a huge fail, a thought you wrote ‘drought’ when you actually wrote ‘draught’ … my bad. So to clear this up – we the Slovenes say ‘prepih’, so the nouns are practically the same.

Cheers to you all!

Anonymous

I’m never late to the parties. Although I am already drunk before it starts anyway.

In general, however, many of them are correct (and funny at the same time) :D

Anonymous

I certainly did not have 600 people at my wedding, and cars are not a status symbol for me.

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

@Schmierfink maybe you aren’t a slav 😮

Anonymous

this sound like “30 things that mean you are South Slavic” to me, maybe I’m wrong :D

Anonymous

Maybe I am not my mother was born in the non Slawic USSR and my father in Lodz Polen so I guess I am not. ;-)

Anonymous

“30 things that mean you are South Slavic in USA”* or somewhere similar.

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

@Dušan why South Slav only? (okey except the cult of the lamb part :D )

Anonymous

@Perun 25, 27, 30 :D

Anonymous

@Dušan 25 south Slavic? ;-) My grandmother who was from eastern Ukraine could hardly speak English, and she made her own home made version of Pizza. The artical has a lot of stereo types where some fit and some don´t. The bit about garlic and onions fits, same with 14, no one in my family uses them, they just go by feel. Then the bit about the parents not traveling does not fit at all where my parents love to travel, they alone moved five times to a differant continent, and are constanly going some where!
    Maybe it is the Polish-Ukrainian mixture, with many years in Germany and Canada? 27 is a habbit of my father, but not in Sprite bottles.

Anonymous

@Schmierfink Non-English speaking grandmother is shocked because pica(pizza) is slang for pussy in some South Slavic languages. That’s what I’m talking about :D
    I should’ve guessed that 27 is in common for most Slavs.

Anonymous

Ah ha ok learned something new! Living in Germany I am just not familiar with
    those kind of sayings as the older people, well grandparents, parents aunts and uncles never really use stuff like that ;-)

Anonymous

@Schmierfink it’s an older expression, today it’s rarely in use.

Anonymous

Blyaaadd, it’s all true :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • slovborg
  • Tujev
  • 'las
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Jan Pat II
  • привет