Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Natalia K.
    Natalia K.
    Participant
    @natalia-klimczak

The burning problem of Poland is a very low number of people who read books. The most dramatic statistics say that only 10% of Polish people read more
    [See the full post at: 5 Bizarre Books Polish Pupils Read At School]

Michau Stanisauw Chlebielniak
    Participant
    @michau_stanisauw_chlebielniak

This is shit including Lalka and Tango in that list, you should kill yourself, fucked up western spy who know nothing about literature and thinks that Lalka is overrated, your life is overrated, kill yourself

Marcin Miziński
    Participant
    @marcin_mizinski

You should’ve at least mentioned “Chłopi”, or “Nad Niemnem” – what is so interesting in reading about countryside, amirite? Hell, let’s go full steam – “Janko Muzykant”? Fuck Janko, have you read “Medaliony”? Now this is what I’m talking about. Take that Janko shit away, you ain’t got nothing for MEDALIONY shit. And Fourty-door-key? Granica? Fuck that shit!

I was trying to make anything out of your shitty article, anything but clickbait. No luck, waste of time. And I do not mind your choice of titles, I coudn’t care less about your sensitivity, knowledge of time periods, thus the themes, the plots and all etc. – it’s just this article is shite… It’s so fucking shite, I’m going to make a bookmark out of it, so anytime I feel something is crappy I’ll head on and read this one again and then decide…

Mnd you, just because you don’t understand the notion doesn’t neccessarilly mean it’s bollocks… 🙂

peace!

Kapitán Denis
    Participant
    @kapitan-denis

LOL, guys, chill. 😀

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

So much butt-hurt over book reviews, can someone explain to me what’s up with all this? 😀

Dušan
    Participant
    @dusan

wow Poles get into a flame wars because of literature? This Tango description reminded me of Kafka’s The Trial, as in

you will read it if only you are a book lover

This got me thinking and I can’t think of similar mandatory literature that we have here in Serbia. Only thing that comes to my mind is an epic poem “Stari Vujadin” (Old Vujadin) which is analyzed in the fourth grade (10-year-olds). It’s maybe inappropriate for that age because old Vujadin gets his arms and legs broken and his black eyes taken out by the Turks who call the old man kurva (whore). And children have to learn this by heart.

Shaokang
    Participant
    @shaokang

@dusan

Its good. It means people read books in Poland.

NikeBG
    Participant
    @nikebg

@shaokang
    Unless those are the only books they’ve read, of course, and have simply been made to look at them with some kind of reverence.

Btw, @dusan, that Old Vujadin sounds kinda similar to our Balkandzhi Yovo. Is Vujadin also tortured by the Turks, who want to take and convert his sister?

Vanya
    Participant
    @gaiuscoriolanus

I see some of the fellow Poles maybe should focus on their charisma so they’ll get themselves a girl instead of spreading unsatisfied venom of frustration in the Internet.

From this list I don’t know about “Przygody Filonka bez ogonka” and I don’t remember “Janko Muzykant” but I recognize the title. There was “Tango” I think, but don’t know what was this about. I wasn’t reading the books because I was told to read them, you know, rebellious attitude.

But from what I know “Ferdydurke” by Witold Gombrowicz and “Szewcy” by Witold Witkacy Witkiewicz were pretty much fcked up. If I remember correctly, “Lalka” had actually quite reasonable plot – a woman (Izabela Łęcka) deceiving a guy (Stanisław Wokulski), and stuff. Real stuff. Don’t know what is particularly bizarre about this book.

Marcin Mochal
    Participant
    @marcin_mochal

Here’s my take on the issue described in the article.

1) The school reading list has little to do with readership. If you like reading books you’ll read them anyway.

2) The list will always be “bad”, because its obligatory. If Martin’s saga was on reading list it would be probably hated by most due to sheer fact you were forced to read it (which you wouldn’t do anyway).

3) None of the books presented in the article is “bizzare”, though some are taught in the wrong way and also are introduced to readers too early. Young readers in their teens at best may not appreciate the beauty and artistic merit of some books (this of course depends on individuals) mentioned and at worst they will not understand them. Especially that school interpretations of some classics are simplified or even misrepresent to the book.

The above as I mentioned above does not hurt readership as such but it hurts certain books. What we remember from school as boring, confusing etc we might enjoy a lot when we’re twice as old. For me “The Peasants”  (oryg. “Chłopi”) by Władysław Reymont was such a book. Me in my teens + this book = absolute disaster. Luckily I returned to it years later. And having re-read this novel in my 30’s I absolutely loved it and couldn’t put it down. It was absolutely riveting for me.

Dušan
    Participant
    @dusan

@NikeBG Turks capture Old Vujadin and his two sons, all wearing expensive clothes and gold. All three of them are hajduks, so they’re torturing them to find out who are other hajduks and their allies. Only old man’s torture is described. Only female character mentioned is a female innkeeper (krčmarica) which curses her black eyes because she didn’t see the Turks.

@Shaokang I agree, my comment was written out of my surprise, not disapproval.

speaking of books @olga_kysil should restart some of her book threads…

Olga Kysil
    Participant
    @olga_kysil

Wow! Some Poles have an anger management problem. 😀 Just some damn books. No need for a major public meltdown.

@dusan I do need to start a new book thread, because I love reading. I always have 2-3 books/audiobooks going. Especially anything Slav-oriented. I am also very interested in what Slavs are reading themselves.

I just finished reading the document I’ve listed below. I learned there is an organized crime group with one of my Ukrainian surnames. “OC Group of Kisel———–ACTIVE” The leader of the group has my dad’s first name and patronymic. 😀 Volodymyr Karpovych! ROFLMAO!

UKRAINE – organized crime
    MINISTRY OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS (MIA) OF UKRAINE
    SECRET
    COPY #
    HEAD DEPARTMENT ON FIGHTING ORGANIZED CRIME

OVERVIEW OF THE MOST DANGEROUS
    ORGANIZED CRIMINAL STRUCTURES
    THAT ARE OPERATING IN UKRAINE

Kapitán Denis
    Participant
    @kapitan-denis

@olga_kysil

“The leader of the group has my dad’s first name and patronymic.”

It’s good that you learn new things about your ancestry every day. 😀

Olga Kysil
    Participant
    @olga_kysil

@kapitan-denis I guess my dad needs to be careful traveling to Ukraine. He might get cuffed at the airport. hahaha.

Anyway, this video now has new meaning for me. 😀 By the way, the cello players are Croatian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbCOtg3JY3s

Olga Kysil
    Participant
    @olga_kysil

I am very sad to report that the Ukrainian Godfather, Volodymyr Karpovych Kisel, perished in a car crash in 2009.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Tujev
  • AphexTwin
  • Russ
  • DEATH
  • Fia