• This topic has 2 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have no idea if this was discussed before or not, I'm sure it would've been at some point, but it's important to me, so I'm going to say it.

I think the entire Slavic world should be grateful to Andrzej Sapkowski and CD Projekt. The Witcher is an amazing game that has spread positive messages about Slavic mythology to the rest of the world, and more importantly, finally exposed it. And it's about time something like this was done. We are so rich in mythology and culture, (and in fact, a lot of modern day mythology stems from Slavic roots) that it's almost laughable it took this long.

I can't comment on the books since I haven't read them, as they're not all translated into english, and I hate not getting the full story of something. But from what I've heard, they're really good as well.

In fact, it's so important to the Poles, apparently, that the following happened:

http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/103174-donald-tusk-gives-barack-obama-the-witcher-2.html

Once again, a big thank you to all involved in this. I absolutely love the series.  :)

Anonymous

There are other books in Slavic climate but Witcher -though not straightly Slavonic but based on Slavicism is indeed a world class literature. Sadly only Polish readers are able to fully enjoy the master word craftmanship of Sapkowski because many things is untranslatable. And don't read in English ,maybe there is your native version of Wiedźmin because this Saga have its years and was translated mostly to Slavonic languages.
    btw. Sapkowski as a person is an horrible asshole!

Anonymous
    Quote:
    btw. Sapkowski as a person is an horrible asshole!

Why? I remember reading somewhere that he was arrogant. Is that what you are talking about?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Why? I remember reading somewhere that he was arrogant. Is that what you are talking about?

Arrogant? Its like saying nothing.
    Maybe a month ago I wanted to watch an open panel interview with fans but when he started whole meeting by offending mayor part of Polish best authors I've shut it off.
    He is also a wierdo ,f.e. he claims that he doesn't visualize what he write or read ,book even the good one is only a compilation of words for him. Its better not to talk about Sapkowski.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

11 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Jan Pat II
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Tujev
  • GOGA
  • Piachu
  • slovborg