• This topic has 6 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I think it would be a good idea to form little groups, the don’t have to be necessarily big, in order to spread slavic culture in your countries.

Anonymous

There are already many countries that such groups. The problem lies with the other things the groups promote. Sometimes they promote hatred toward other Slavs, attempt to promote historically incorrect information just to make themselves look better, and the list goes on.  There is one "group" here in Serbia that's just gone "live" on the internet a little while ago that I think so far has the best approach yet. It's all in Serbian Cyrillic for now.  They are working on have much of the site translated into English, German, and I think maybe Russian. I can't remember all the languages they're aiming to have offered for now.  But it's young.. the older groups/organizations dominate.. and have all the wrong ways of going about things. Okay. Not all.. but many.

Anonymous

At least here, too many Slavic organizations are church based and cut out non believers. Then, too many end up bringing old rivalries up and don't bring in other Slavic groups.  This ends up dividing us, not unifying us as brothers and sisters.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    At least here, too many Slavic organizations are church based and cut out non believers. Then, too many end up bringing old rivalries up and don't bring in other Slavic groups.  This ends up dividing us, not unifying us as brothers and sisters.

So very true.

Anonymous

Thanks for your responses.

I’d like to ask you if someone on this forum would be interested on establish a centroeuropean conference under the motto “enthronement of Slavic Principles”.

Objectives of the conference:
    Tradition, customs, principles and religion. Without fanaticism. In short: in order to spread slavic principles. Thanks and regards.

Anonymous

and what are those "slavic principles" supposed to be?

i also dont see purpose in spreading slavic culture in slavic countries. its like planting trees in a dense forest.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    and what are those "slavic principles" supposed to be?

i also dont see purpose in spreading slavic culture in slavic countries. its like planting trees in a dense forest.

I do and don't see the purpose.  Aside from being asked if I'm Russian.. the one thing said to me the most is "You're more Serbian than most Serbs." They tell me this because I care about culture, tradition, and anything Slavic/Serbian more than most that were born and raised here… so in many ways there is a need to reestablishing such ideals. However, they have to be done at a local level before they can be done regionally or globally. If a nation/ethnicity aren't going to care about their own people… why would they care for "brothers and sisters" from other ethnicities and nations?

Anonymous

It's because you're on the outside looking in. Those people there live the 'Slavic dream' everyday being in a country full of Slavs and where Slav culture is the 'norm.' In fact , they marvel more at non-Slav culture just as we marvel at them simply because it is not common for us on the outside. You are going to have a greater appreciation.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    It's because you're on the outside looking in. Those people there live the 'Slavic dream' everyday being in a country full of Slavs and where Slav culture is the 'norm.' In fact , they marvel more at non-Slav culture just as we marvel at them simply because it is not common for us on the outside. You are going to have a greater appreciation.

Not entirely true! I know PLENTY of Serbs here that LOVE their culture without demonizing other cultures. Who are proud to be Serbs and Slavs without being douchebags. They know a plethora about their history and culture and traditions, also. The more Westernization seeps into Slavic cultures the less it's cared about.  In Ukraine and Russia there are quite a few ways to show your patriotic pride through modern clothing, modern house decor, etc.  Here in Serbia, you don't see that much. I know. I look for it. All you see is the touristy stuff that's overpriced and not 100% legit.  But things of Serbian/Slavic original and thought… you rarely find anymore. It's insane. But many people I know still manage to stay proud without it. Thankfully… but sometimes without having bits of the physical aspects of the culture and tradition it's harder to keep it alive. And such things are not prominent here in Serbia. But it's still not the majority of the people. Only in the villages do you see these things. In Belgrade – no.

Anonymous

Thanks for your comments. I have started this post because I have heard about a former priest from the Roman Catholic Church who is interested on create a Group, but not Only on the intertet.

Anonymous

We should definetly establish serious pan-slavist parties. They should have moderate approach to gain wider acceptance however not some extreme stuff. :)

Anonymous

Politics isn't the way to do it. It has to be grassroots full of volunteers. This site is such an example :)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.