• This topic has 7 voices and 26 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Actually Beograd

What places should i visit? :)

Anonymous

Are you the greek fella who needs 1000 € for a trip? ;D

Anonymous

Well, what are your interests? Fun or sightseeing or maybe something else?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well, what are your interests? Fun or sightseeing or maybe something else?

mostly sightseeing, if i ever want to have fun i will travel to Corfu Rhodes or Crete, not abroad, there is too much fun here ;D

Quote:
    Are you the greek fella who needs 1000 € for a trip? ;D

not anymore :P

Anonymous

In Belgrade, Churhc of Saint Sava, fortress, museums (if you are interested at history), libraries etc. Also try Novi Sad, much more beautyfull city. You could go on Fruška Gora then, monasteries, and lot of places for relaxation. There is Smederevo, also interesting from historical point.  Of course, there is lot, but three of this are in range. We could give you more instructions, but you need to say what exactly you want to see. :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    mostly sightseeing, if i ever want to have fun i will travel to Corfu Rhodes or Crete, not abroad, there is too much fun here ;D

Then you should visit fortress Kalemegdan, old city beneath fortress(spans from Roman time), army museum is also inside the fortress, Skadarlija(boem quarter), old parts of city called Stari Grad(literally meaning old city), Dorcol(its near the center) and Zemun(Zemun used to be Austrian long time ago so they are at the different sides), Avala(used to be a Roman mine, now it has a great monument to Unknown Hero and Russian delegation who tragically died there during one flight), Kuca cveca(House of flowers), Beli dvor(White castle), remains of Neolithic city Vinca(but check it first because I don't know if they keep it open during whole year for visitors), of course the center itself called Knez Mihailova street(its a pedestrian zone), museum of aviation in Surcin near airport, and a lot more, but I think this is enough from me :D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    In Belgrade, Churhc of Saint Sava, fortress, museums (if you are interested at history), libraries etc. Also try Novi Sad, much more beautyfull city. You could go on Fruška Gora then, monasteries, and lot of places for relaxation. There is Smederevo, also interesting from historical point.  Of course, there is lot, but three of this are in range. We could give you more instructions, but you need to say what exactly you want to see. :)

well that's actually what i am intrested in:historical sites (castles, churches, museums) etc.

then "old" parts of the city with old architecture (such as neo-classical,  and other old buildings),

the last but not least, i am intrested in local cuisine

Quote:
    Then you should visit fortress Kalemegdan, old city beneath fortress(spans from Roman time), army museum is also inside the fortress, Skadarlija(boem quarter), old parts of city called Stari Grad(literally meaning old city), Dorcol(its near the center) and Zemun(Zemun used to be Austrian long time ago so they are at the different sides), Avala(used to be a Roman mine, now it has a great monument to Unknown Hero and Russian delegation who tragically died there during one flight), Kuca cveca(House of flowers), Beli dvor(White castle), remains of Neolithic city Vinca(but check it first because I don't know if they keep it open during whole year for visitors), of course the center itself called Knez Mihailova street(its a pedestrian zone), museum of aviation in Surcin near airport, and a lot more, but I think this is enough from me :D

thanks!

BTW this is not exacly my first time in Serbia, but my first time in beligrad

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Actually Beograd

What places should i visit? :)

Let me know when and I can show you around. :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Let me know when and I can show you around. :)

thanks! :)

I was thinking to come in March..

Anonymous
    Quote:
    thanks! :)

I was thinking to come in March..

It'll be rainy but it'll have warm days too.. if you come in the beginning of March you might catch a random snowfall. 

Anonymous

I saw yesterday on tv the trumbet festival of guca, and looked really intresting.I think it will be a nice way to experience Serbian culture, moreover there is plenty of impaled lamb and pork there ;D ;D

has anyone ever visited this festival?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I saw yesterday on tv the trumbet festival of guca, and looked really intresting.I think it will be a nice way to experience Serbian culture, moreover there is plenty of impaled lamb and pork there ;D ;D

has anyone ever visited this festival?

Hm, its not really Serbian culture, its rather modern… ehm… something

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Hm, its not really Serbian culture, its rather modern… ehm… something

really???

Anonymous
    Quote:
    really???

It barely has any connection with our culture :/

Anonymous
    Quote:
    really???

Yes. I mean if you hear something like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV7v_Zo20SE
    you can be absolutely sure it doesn't have it origins in Serbian national music  :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.