Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 93 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well i don't know tbh, but most of the people i know are light eyed. In my family most are either Blue-eyed or Green-Brown.

and it's not that i stand behind this thought this is a chart by Charlestoon Steven Coon from his Anthropology books:

Most light-eyed nations of Europe by Charleston Stevens Coon:
    I'm not saying it's true, maybe Charlstone too was wrong but some people made researches as it seems and quite often results turn out this way…? thought as i said, i have nothing to back this stuff since i personally never did any such reasearch or something.

P.S.- i think this Coon's list is worth of a discussion and thread alone :D

I think that eye coloring in Croatia is fifty-fifty, between dark and light. I have brown-green eyes but I consider them brown because they look brown, unless sun or light is directed at my face. There are bunch of people with that combination here. there are more people i continental part of Croatia with light eyes and hair. Black hair is kinda rare here..most people have brown hair. I would say about 20% blond.

I think this Coons chart is not correct

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Precisely. And do you know what the wettest dream of croats is?? To be austrians or germans.

OP shoud rephrase this title and say croats are more saami than southern slavic  LOL

well Ustase's weettest dreams were to be perceived as Goths by the fuhrer. Luckily they are in a minority. Most croats are proud of their slavic past like Pentaz and the others on the fora.

Croats are southern slavs, they're like us serbs and we're like them. Divided during the schism between the western/eastern church. Until like 1100's we helped each other out many times  + fought (wouldn't be slavic if you couldn't unite hehe)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I think that eye coloring in Croatia is fifty-fifty, between dark and light. I have brown-green eyes but I consider them brown because they look brown, unless sun or light is directed at my face. There are bunch of people with that combination here. there are more people i continental part of Croatia with light eyes and hair. Black hair is kinda rare here..most people have brown hair. I would say about 20% blond.

I think this Coons chart is not correct

I have the same eyes like you then. Do you get blonde strings in your hair too? And green dots in ur eyes?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    well Ustase's weettest dreams were to be perceived as Goths by the fuhrer. Luckily they are in a minority. Most croats are proud of their slavic past like Pentaz and the others on the fora.

Croats are southern slavs, they're like us serbs and we're like them. Divided during the schism between the western/eastern church. Until like 1100's we helped each other out many times  + fought (wouldn't be slavic if you couldn't unite hehe)

I don't want to stir arguments here, but I have to say that Croats are not like Serbs, and Serbs are not like Croats. There is nothing bad about that.  I really don't understand why are Serbs constantly telling us what we are and what we aren't.

Back on topic. I can only say that from what I have seen light eyes and light hair is pretty common among Croats.
    I had 19 classmates in my highschool and 13 of them had light eyes (including me) if I remember correctly :) 5 of them had blond hair and others had light to medium brown hair. On my college light eyes and hair are common too.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I don't want to stir arguments here, but I have to say that Croats are not like Serbs, and Serbs are not like Croats. There is nothing bad about that.  I really don't understand why are Serbs constantly telling us what we are and what we aren't.

Back on topic. I can only say that from what I have seen light eyes and light hair is pretty common among Croats.
    I had 19 classmates in my highschool and 13 of them had light eyes (including me) if I remember correctly :) 5 of them had blond hair and others had light to medium brown hair. On my college light eyes and hair are common too.

Croats are not like Serbs, they are to wide of an ethnogenesis, linguisticaly and culturaly, to be considered same as the Serbs. Some Croats however, those inhabiting regions that they border or share with the Serbs, surely are similar in language and culture (I even heard some Croats have Slava and play Gusle), as well as those inhabiting regions bordering with Slovenia share common cultural and linguistical traits with the Slovenes, which is normal everywhere in the world.

Croats and Serbs inhabited the same space for probably two millennia, in the ancestral regions as well as in the current ones. Only in the last 50 years, because of the WW2, have they shown animosity towards each other, and that because of a German.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Croats are not like Serbs, they are to wide of an ethnogenesis, linguisticaly and culturaly, to be considered same as the Serbs. Some Croats however, those inhabiting regions that they border or share with the Serbs, surely are similar in language and culture (I even heard some Croats have Slava and play Gusle), as well as those inhabiting regions bordering with Slovenia share common cultural and linguistical traits with the Slovenes, which is normal everywhere in the world.

Croats and Serbs inhabited the same space for probably two millennia, in the ancestral regions as well as in the current ones. Only in the last 50 years, because of the WW2, have they shown animosity towards each other, and that because of a German.

Montenegrans, and Montengrin serbs play gusle, not serbian serbs, also albos play them.
    Croats also have Lijerica/Lirica which is relative instrument to gusle, but Montenegrin/Serbs, or Albos dont have them.
    So Croats are the only ones who have sort of instrument family of gusle.

To be honest, minus the language, I see Serbs more similar to Bulgarians, which funnily also genetically shows on autosomal level

HR-Croats
    BOS-Bosniaks
    YG/RS- Serbs from Serbia, RS, and MN
    Slav-Northen Slavs

This shows a genetic distance, or 'srodnost', and we are close, but if we were more related we would overlap

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Montenegrans, and montengran serbs play gusle, not serbian serbs, also albos play them.
    Croats also have Lijerica/Lirica which is relative instrument to gusle, but Montenegrin/Serbs, or Albos dont have them.
    So croats are the only ones who have sort of instrument family of gusle.

Well, Divljak I must say I absolutley adore your complete ignorance of Serbian culture and desire to discuss it with such remarkable ignorance. Name gusle is derived from Proto-Slavic гослъ – string.
    There is distantly related Russian instrument gusli.
    But luckily for us we did wrote thing or two about ourselves during our history. Byzantines caught two Slav spies with guess what? First mention of gusle among Serbs was from XII century, whne Friedrich Barbarosa met with Stefan Nemanja (I hope you do not consider him non Serb), it was near Niš which is not in Montenegro. Most famous gusle player was Filip Višnjić from Ugljevik, (It is in Bosna near Serbian border), well to cut the story it is traditional in all Serbian areas except Vojvodina.
    PS even Poles in XVII century were writing about Serbian gusle.

Other than that I dont have much to say, since this is just part of human genome, and researchers using similar methods offten getd different results.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    This shows a genetic distance, or 'srodnost', and we are close, but if we were more related we would overlap

Damn, that's too close, I was hoping we were more apart. I just hope they were only taking Bosniaks in Bosnia for that experiment, if they took highlanders, I would be disappointed to see us overlap.

1400 years of recorded history living together, even back up in White Serbia and White Croatia, we were neighbours.. and still we are too close, hell maybe some of us even overlap. How can that be, how can that be.

As for Gusle, here and here read.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well, Divljak I must say I absolutley adore your complete ignorance of Serbian culture and desire to discuss it with such remarkable ignorance. Name gusle is derived from Proto-Slavic гослъ – string.
    There is distantly related Russian instrument gusli.
    But luckily for us we did wrote thing or two about ourselves during our history. Byzantines caught two Slav spies with guess what? First mention of gusle among Serbs was from XII century, whne Friedrich Barbarosa met with Stefan Nemanja (I hope you do not consider him non Serb), it was near Niš which is not in Montenegro. Most famous gusle player was Filip Višnjić from Ugljevik, (It is in Bosna near Serbian border), well to cut the story it is traditional in all Serbian areas except Vojvodina.
    PS even Poles in XVII century were writing about Serbian gusle.

Other than that I dont have much to say, since this is just part of human genome, and researchers using similar methods offten getd different results.

Serbs were closest to Greeks among south Slavs, and had most contact with them, and of course there is no chance they took them from us, no no  ::) because of how could ever Serbs have something that is not originally theirs.

Either way, who took it from whom is not important, because we both have them, end of story

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Serbs were closest to Greeks among south Slavs, and had most contact with them, and of course there is no chance they took them from us, no no  ::) because of how could ever Serbs have something that is not originally theirs.

Either way, who took it from whom is not important, because we both have them, end of story

Go by logic, wild man, whose tradition shows most heritage built upon that instrument? There are Croats and Albanians sharing the instrument in the border regions with the Serbs (Krajina and north Albania), but by far it is not as present nor fundamental to their culture as it is to ours.

No, Bulgarians and Macedonians were and are the closest to the Greeks. Open Google Earth, educate yourself, don't embarrass the Croats with your stupidity.

Anonymous

If some Croats are more Germanic then Slavic does that mean that some Norwegians are more Slavic then Germanic? The way I look at it if you're European and speak a Slavic language and have a Slavic culture you are Slavic if you have a Germanic language and culture you are Germanic.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    If some Croats are more Germanic then Slavic does that mean that some Norwegians are more Slavic then Germanic? The way I look at it if you're European and speak a Slavic language and have a Slavic culture you are Slavic if you have a Germanic language and culture you are Germanic.

Or maybe the Tanguzii tribes are more African…

Ok this is getting too old too fast. ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Go by logic, wild man, whose tradition shows most heritage built upon that instrument? There are Croats and Albanians sharing the instrument in the border regions with the Serbs (Krajina and north Albania), but by far it is not as present nor fundamental to their culture as it is to ours.

No, Bulgarians and Macedonians were and are the closest. Open Google Earth, educate yourself, don't embarrasse the Croats with your stupidity.

Serbs acording to DAI settled near Solun firstly, and after that you had Dušan, a Bulgaro/Serb going all the way down south.
    Now, I must be genius compared to you.

Anonymous
    Quote:

We are not more Germanic, that was BS, we are actually by male line very close to Poles around Krakow, and west Ukrainians, and that interestingly was our source area from which we invaded.

In the end, we are mix of those old Croats, and natives here

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Serbs are closest to Greeks and had most contact with them, and of course there is no chance they took them from us, no no  ::) because of how could ever Serbs have something that is not originally theirs.

My objection as not that, my objection is that your perecption about Serbian culture is factualy wrong, nothing more and nothing less. I am absolutley ok with you loving your people, but you should try to less mention mine, espetialy since you are obviously ignorant about Serbian tradition. On other hand, Gusle are from Middle Asia not from Greece. It is absolutley unimportnat care from whom Croats took them, from Serbs, Greeks, Albanians, or Macedonians.
    @Cvetinov, what is point of such fights, from my opinion there is nothing wrong in their posts except this last offtopic about gusle, whcih was provoked by you. They have gusle so what? What do we have from that? Even if they borrowed from us, so what? Man, you really should start  giving more attention to Serbian topic, not Croatian. :) I think it is better way to contribute this forum.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘According to Eu7 haplotype Croats are more southern German than southern Slavic’ is closed to new replies.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Родни Никотин ☭
  • Lyutenitsa
  • 'las
  • Yung Slav
  • Drizzt
  • Piachu