• This topic has 17 voices and 39 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Please post individuals or portrayals you consider being the archetype of your nation. A person you would consider a typical …. (enter your nation here).

Remember, only post your nation, since posting others may be seen as a provocation.
    [hr]

Typical Serb

Ljubomir Tadić especially in this movie, portrays an archetypical Serb. (first 5 minutes of the movie are enough to get the picture)

Lazar Ristovski, also managed to capture the main traits in this one scene. :)

Anonymous

Are you talking physically, or in regards to personality?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Are you talking physically, or in regards to personality?

In regards what you consider.

Anonymous

I don't know for Croatia since so many different regions but here goes how we kind of view others within our country ourselves:

Zagorje region:
    Medium height, Blond or light haired, jolly, drinks alot, loud

Slavonia
    Short, darker-ligther hair, fat, jolly, eats a lot

Lika
    Largest Croats, manly, darker-ligther hair, strong, drinks a lot and eats a lot, highlanders thus a bit primitive

Dalmatia
    Tall height, slim, dark hair, drink only wine in small amounts and eats fish, lazy, flirts with women alot

Herzegovina
    Medium-Tall height, slim, dark hair and tan, ultra-Croatian because they don't live inside Croatia

and out of these most numerous in Croatia that make most of Croatian population are Zagorians, Slavonians and Dalmatians.
    I personally am a mixture of Zagorians & Slavonians (50%) and Likaners (50%).

;D

Anonymous

If to speak about the image of typical Russian he could be Viktor Bichkov in the film Peculiarities of the National Hunt:

[img width=300]http://cultnews.ru/p/img27200.jpg” />

[img width=300]http://videosru.net/wp-content/uploads/Виктор-бычков-в-фильме-Особенности-национальный-охоты.jpg” />

[img width=300]http://eg.ru/upimg/photo/112049.jpg” />

[img width=300]http://viktorbychkov.ru/bimages/dosie/dosie_kuzmich.jpg” />

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I don't know for Croatia since so many different regions but here goes how we kind of view others within our country ourselves:

There are more a regional stereotype. :)

If you had to choose, which portrayal would be the archetype, a Croat would mostly identify with, regardless of region? Maybe some movie role, or similar.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    There are more a regional stereotype. :)

If you had to choose, which portrayal would be the archetype, a Croat would mostly identify with, regardless of region? Maybe some movie role, or similar.

I just couldn't that's why i made regional stereotypes. There is no typical Croat in my opinion. If i would chose someone, then i would probably chose someone from my own Zagreb region because i am surrounded by such people but some Dalmatian would probably tell you otherwise then me.

If i could describe most of Croatian Zagreb youth with one person today, it would be Stoka:

STOKA | JA SAM ZAGREB [OFFICIAL VIDEO]

that's like a prototype how most Purgers look and dress today. The ones that don't look like this usually ain't Purgers ;D

this is how Dalmatians and Herzegovians that come to Zagreb look like and dress like
    obviously not a Purger ;D

for others that don't understand what Purger means, it means a real Zagrebčanec i.e. a real "native & authentic" at home individual from Zagreb.

Anonymous

I don't think there is an archetypal Bosniak. The only thing I can think of is Muslim, tall, stupid (but thinks is an intellectual) and drinks. The closest think I can think of that resembles that is Damir Nikšić.
    [hr]
    [table]
    [tr]
    [td][img height=200]http://www.crossborderexperience.org/wp-content/media/2011/09/immigrantsong.jpg” />[/td]
    [td][img height=200]http://www.sutra.ba/slike/kultura/damir_niksic_.jpg” />[/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I don't think there is an archetypal Bosniak. The only thing I can think of is Muslim, tall, stupid (but thinks is an intellectual) and drinks. The closest think I can think of that resembles that is Damir Nikšić.

A rather unusual name as well as surname, for a Bosniak. For me personally, Emir Hadzihafizbegovic and Enis Beslagic somehow portray the typical Bosniak in their movies.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    A rather unusual name as well as surname, for a Bosniak.

Apparently many Bosniaks use to live in Nikšić until the Montenegrins expelled them. Maybe that's where he got his name; ancestral city.

Quote:
    For me personally, Emir Hadzihafizbegovic and Enis Beslagic somehow portray the archetypical Bosniak in their movies.

What characteristics do you think make an archetypal Bosniak?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    What characteristics do you think make an archetypal Bosniak?

I made a mistake, I meant a typical.

As for the question, I don't know there sure are stereotypes but I am interested in self-percieved archetypes.

Anonymous

Typical Russian for me :
    Mihail Porechenkov)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Typical Russian for me :

Really, he could fit in a role of an US Marine with ease.

For me Sergei Bodrov Jr., had that typical Russian appearance. :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Really, he could fit in a role of an US Marine with ease.

For me Sergei Bodrov Jr., had that typical Russian appearance. :)

US Marine? no no no! ;D He is in style of russian VDV or russian Морская Пехота ))

Anonymous

I think this guy looks like a typical..  :-X Can you guess where he's from?  8)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Родни Никотин ☭
  • Drizzt
  • Piachu
  • 'las
  • Fia
  • Australian Santa