• This topic has 17 voices and 39 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Quote:
    If i could describe most of Croatian Zagreb youth with one person today, it would be Stoka

My friend has house in Sutivan,Brač,Dalmacija. Sees Stoka often cause his father is from there. So he is kinda half dalmatinac  ;)
    Anyhow … 2 Dalmatinca 1 Purger … young people maybe best picture of southern and northern Croats at the moment.

Dječaci – DALMACIJA (VIDEO)

Anonymous
    Quote:

Are there dolphins in Dalmatia? 😮

Anonymous

dolphins are absent only from inland seas (such as Caspian sea) and cold waters, where they are replaced by other cetaceans..

Anonymous
    Quote:
    My friend has house in Sutivan,Brač,Dalmacija. Sees Stoka often cause his father is from there. So he is kinda half dalmatinac  ;)
    Anyhow … 2 Dalmatinca 1 Purger … young people maybe best picture of southern and northern Croats at the moment.

Lijepa pjesma :)

Anonymous

Nema dupina koliko ja znam … nekad se znaju vidit al ne ovako naravno. Ovo je amo rec izrugivanje danasnjem "Splitu" djikanskom i seljackom ;)
    Ima lipih dalmatinskih pisama al danas smo spali na splitski turbofolk Rozgu,Magazin,Severinu i izdrkavanja na Dalmaciju.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I think this guy looks like a typical..  :-X Can you guess where he's from?  8)

He is from Croatia yes? :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    He is from Croatia yes? :)

No ;D But you were close! His name is Andrija Bikic and he is a Serbian model.  ;D  8)

Anonymous

Serbian model..mm he is sexy  ;) especially his eyes..

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Nema dupina koliko ja znam.

Onda mora da sam ja halucinirao na Lošinju.

I have complex ethnicity so I didn't know which one to post. I'll post pictures of some ethnics of my region:

They are mainly farmers and peasants.
    They tend to be very greedy people but are also very tolerant of others and generally speaking very friendly (One of the few regions in Croatia where Serbs didn't loose their jobs and faced discrimination when the war started)
    Also people here are the least "Croat" of all. Some are nostalgic of Italian rule (until WWII), others want independence. Some even want to get annexed into Slovenia (like yours truly  ;D)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I think this guy looks like a typical..  :-X Can you guess where he's from?  8)

He is a typical pretty boy. If you didn't tell he is a Serb, I wouldn't know. :)

I see Vuk Kostic as a portrayal of a typical modern Serb.

[table]
    [tr]
    [td][img height=300]http://www.pressonline.rs/upload/boxImageData/2007/07/29/8811/VOJNIK-GLUMAC-VELIKA.jpg” />[/td]
    [td][img height=300]http://www.svetestrade.com/images/sr/15632.jpg” />[/td]
    [td][img height=300]http://www.ekapija.com/dokumenti/vuk_kostic_2_040411.gif” />[/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]
    [hr]

However I remind, the thread is not generaly about the looks of nationals, but about archetypes, namely roles that portray the traits which are seen as common national mentality(also not stereotypes, which are oversimplifications of the same). Only people that belong to the nation can post such examples, since they are the only one that know what are the main traits of their national mentality, which are shared by the most.

Remember the older the portrayals (especially in movies), the more clearer (not influenced by common modern values) the archetype is.

Anonymous

I already posted him in "Slavic men of the day" some time ago, but he really is an archetypical Ukrainian – actor Hryhoriy Hladiy:

Anonymous

quote:
    He is a typical pretty boy. If you didn't tell he is a Serb, I wouldn't know. :)
    sorry I'm posting on my mobile and I messed up.yes, he sure is handsome, and he is not the archetypical Serb but I would not say he could pass for anything else but a Serb.  look at his narrow face, skin tone, combination of hair and eye color, jawline and this fierce look in his eyes. I have never seen this appearance amongst Croats or Bosniaks or any other people. but I know quite some Serbs who look like this.

I have an uncle in šabac who is such a perfect example of an archetypical Serb. I will try to find someone who looks like him and hopefully post a picture.

Anonymous

Typical Serbs:

According to Bosniaks, Croats, Americans, Brits etc…

According to Danes:
    [img width=700 height=469]http://www.moviespad.com/photos/slavko-labovic-movie-f73bd.jpg” />

According to Russians or should I say a Russian

Anonymous
    Quote:

According to Danes:
    [img width=700 height=469]http://www.moviespad.com/photos/slavko-labovic-movie-f73bd.jpg” />

lol, Slavko Labovic in his roles plays typical Northern Montenegrin Irvas (raindeer) and he is one actually.

Anonymous
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

11 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Wasted
  • Drizzt
  • Lyutenitsa
  • kony97
  • Piachu
  • Yung Slav