• This topic has 19 voices and 295 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 286 through 297 (of 297 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

@Sviatogor

> It’s been shown on many occasions that Lithuanian and Latvian are most similar to Slavic. Specifically to eastern Slavic languages.

Yes, that’s why asked what Belarussians understand better, Lithuanian or Serbian. My question is reasonable.

Anonymous

@”South Slav” Id get the same impression if I just read his comments as well, but a belarusian will understand far more serbian than he would  from any baltic language thats why they are in the same language family. 

Anonymous

Anonymous

Nowadays using terms like “Slav” or “Germanic” is a little bit misleading if we talk about historical genetic and tribal connections. I would use the term “Aryan” even if it has politically suspicious shade nowadays, but it´s historically correct, referring for example to Vedic Aryans, who were close to modern East Slavs according to genetic tests. 

Aryan nation was divided to many tribes such as Gatha/Katha/Katti/Goth, Vans/Vandals, Jäm/Yam, Saka/Scythians etc. They were all R1a by their Y-haplogroup and they all spoke language derived from Sumerian and Ancient Egyptian languages. Genetically Aryans were descendants of the priestly and kingly elite of Ancient Egypt. Aryan tribes developed in Egypt and they spread all around from there: to Europe, starting a European Bronze Age, to India etc.  Scythians and Sakas are probably (mostly) modern Slavs. Despite of the later language shift, all the European R1a are genetically relatives.

Anonymous

For example Poland, which is a Slavic country, has a strong genetic compound of Van/Vandals. Many Vans moved there from Scandinavia. Interestingly, this strong tribe of Vans was “Hari Vamsa” in Vedic literature. Vans, in fact, wrote Hari Vamsa. Ancestors of modern Hindis forgot original Sanskrit (spoken in India 1800-1500- 1000BC) but it was the language used by Aryans, also Proto-Slavic people, in Europe. ;)

Anonymous

I know a girl living in Kaunas a fair distance away from Belarus. She saw Belarusians of Maladziechna town stating certain Belarusians and Lithuanians look as twins.

I was growing up among Belarusians, Russians, Lithuanians.

We look similar.

Anonymous

Of course, Lithuanians are looking to Latvians. Because they speak the similar languages.

Anonymous

@Sviatogor

However, i read that they can’t understand each other…

Anonymous

Latvian and Lithuanian are on par to Polish and Russian despite being eastern Baltic.

Anonymous

I think we should ask Melania Trump this question. 

Anonymous

However, sad fact for us Slavs is that Slavs originate from Balts, by language, but also by Y-DNA haplos. All of their ancient tested samples were found in Baltika.

Anonymous

Damn I’m drunk theese pubs dare awesome. Is it a correcrt thresad??

Viewing 12 posts - 286 through 297 (of 297 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Petko (the pet store)
  • Shnickstara89
  • Drizzt
  • ☭Lil Commie☭
  • LCaine