• This topic has 15 voices and 59 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

If not, what is difference between them?

Anonymous

Aren't Ukrainians a little darker in some regions?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Aren't Ukrainians a little darker in some regions?

Weren't Cossacks of darker hair?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Weren't Cossacks of darker hair?

I think so, but I'm not sure if Cossacks made a big difference in looks of Ukrainians.

Anonymous

Hm, Poles are more Nordish IMHO. More Nordids and Baltids.

Anonymous

I don't think big country equal diversity. For instance, Hungary is a smaller country in comparison to Poland, yet Hungarians have more diversity in terms of look. Its depend to migration and assimilation, of course.

Quote:
    These are two large countries in terms of population and geographical areas, so there are different types found in each country. Many western Ukrainians and Poles of south-eastern Poland look similar.

I haven't got a pic of South East Polish footballers, crowds, etc. But I have got a pics of Poles from upper Silesia, South West Poland;
    [img width=700 height=525]http://www.rugbypolska.pl/userfiles/350/image/100_0266.jpg” />

^Would you say as a group look similar to Ukrainians?

P.S. Zoom a pic to see better view of them.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I don't think big country equal diversity. For instance, Hungary is a smaller country in comparison to Poland, yet Hungarians have more diversity in terms of look. Its depend to migration and assimilation, of course. I haven't got a pic of South East Polish footballers, crowds, etc. But I have got a pics of Poles from upper Silesia, South West Poland;
    ^Would you say as a group look similar to Ukrainians?

P.S. Zoom a pic to see better view of them.

Southern Ukraine linked Europe with greater steppes of Asia. Many different peoples travelled through the region, but some stayed. The country has an interesting history which in my opinion contributed to the diversity. But it's not like the USA of course.

If you put ukranian colours on the girls placing the picture on a display, then imo not everyone will notice the girls are Polish. In other words, the girls as group will not look completely out of place in Ukraine. There are obvious differences in physical appearance between the two populations if we look for those differences.

Anonymous

nope.

Poles have the pointy nose.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Southern Ukraine linked Europe with greater steppes of Asia. Many different peoples travelled through the region, but some stayed. The country has an interesting history which in my opinion contributed to the diversity. But it's not like the USA of course.

Yeah, exactly.

Quote:
    nope.

Poles have the pointy nose.

Is that it? Poles have point noses is what make them look different from Ukrainians?

Anonymous

I'm not sure how relevant is this, but I noticed differences between Poles in Warszawa, Gdańsk and Kraków. People in Warszawa look like they have a bit of Eastern Slavic look, so yes, these are similar to Ukrainians. But not those from Gdańsk, Kraków and other Polish cities I visited.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I'm not sure how relevant is this, but I noticed differences between Poles in Warszawa, Gdańsk and Kraków. People in Warszawa look like they have a bit of Eastern Slavic look, so yes, these are similar to Ukrainians. But not those from Gdańsk, Kraków and other Polish cities I visited.

Do you think people from Krakow look similar to Slovaks?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Do you think there is any asiatic influence to a minor degree?

According to K12 spreadsheeet, Ukrainians have about 0.2 East Asian component.

Anonymous

Why no one's answering my question?  ;D

Anonymous

I think lot of people did.  ;)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I think lot of people did.  ;)

Except obvious member who hates my guts.  ;) image

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

6 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Drizzt
  • Petko (the pet store)
  • ☭Lil Commie☭
  • Shnickstara89
  • ▽eurus▽
  • LCaine