• This topic has 15 voices and 59 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Except obvious member who hates my guts.  ;) image

Nah, you are my son, you are cool. ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:

Thanks dad, you are cool too.

Anonymous

LOL

Anonymous
    Quote:
    LOL

Don't be party breaker. We're having a dad-son movement, so do you mind?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Don't be party breaker. We're having a dad-son movement, so do you mind?

Ok

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Ok

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…

Anonymous

Surprisingly, Poles are genetically closer to Russians than to Ukrainian;
    [img width=539 height=700]http://www.gnxp.com/blog/uploaded_images/nature07331-f1.2-774974.jpg” />

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Surprisingly, Poles are genetically closer to Russians than to Ukrainian;

Obviously Baltic Poles would overlap with Baltic Russians ,while Central and highland Poles would overlap with Slovaks, Western Ukrainians, Rusyns etc.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Obviously Baltic Poles would overlap with Baltic Russians ,while Central and highland Poles would overlap with Slovaks, Western Ukrainians, Rusyns etc.

That genetic map I posted have nothing to do with regional overlap. Poles and Russians in general are genetically very close, weather you like it or not.

Anonymous

Anyway, I don't think the variation is too much these days due to inter-migration, especially East-to-West variation is not that significant because many Poles who lived in modern-day Ukraine, Belarus and Lithuania before World War Two moved to parts of northwestern (Western Pomerania), southwestern (Silesia) and northeastern (Warmia-Masuria) Poland after the War when these regions became under Polish control. Obviously regional variation is strongest in rural areas, not in urban areas like Warsaw, Poznań, Gdańsk, Wrocław, Kraków, Łódź, Szczecin, etc that attract Poles from all over the country. There still is regional variation of course with Kaszubians, Silesians, Goralians, Lemkos, etc but among the average Pole, regional variation is likely not as strong as it was 200 years ago for example.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Do you think people from Krakow look similar to Slovaks?

Now I'm not sure, still too much Baltids in comparison to Slovakia. I suppose Kraków is "a mix-city" of Poles from whole Poland, isn't it?

Did I miss anything, Dalibor?  ???

Anonymous
    Quote:

Did I miss anything, Dalibor?  ???

You? Nothing. ;D It was after our split up.

Anonymous
    Quote:

You screwed it all up, now Povhec will get only half of the property! I hate you!  >:( 

Alright, now to the topic  :D  In general Ukrainians still look very Eastern Slavic, while Poles look rather Western Slavic. Yeah, there are similarities to a certain degree, but Russians and Ukrainians have much more similar look than Ukrainians and Poles. That's my opinion.

Anonymous
    Quote:

We didn't split up, lol.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    You screwed it all up, now Povhec will get only half of the property! I hate you!  >:( 

Alright, now to the topic  :D  In general Ukrainians still look very Eastern Slavic, while Poles look rather Western Slavic. Yeah, there are similarities to a certain degree, but Russians and Ukrainians have much more similar look than Ukrainians and Poles. That's my opinion.

Even Ukrainians from Western part look more similar to Russians than Poles?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

6 User(s) Online Join Server
  • ▽eurus▽
  • ☭Lil Commie☭
  • Drizzt
  • Shnickstara89
  • Petko (the pet store)
  • LCaine