• This topic has 3 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hey guys, I was browsing the Apricity last night and a few guys claimed that people from Wielkopolska (Greater Poland) have a more Central European (Slavo-Germanic) Make-up than Central and Eastern Poles who show more affinity with Belarusians and Russians. 
    I am wondering if this is true, since Wielkopolska was a part of the German Empire for a few hundred years and always was at the border of Slavic/German cultures in Central Europe.
    Are Western Poles closer genetically to Czechs and Slovaks than Eastern Poles who are closer to Belarusians and Russians? Thanks.
    All of my Polish grandparents are from Wielkopolska (except for my dad’s dad), so this is a big deal and I hope (for my sake) that we aren’t some sort of mongrel.

Anonymous

@”Bernhard “

Are Western Poles closer to Czechs and Slovaks than Eastern Poles who are closer to Belarusians and Russians?

According to google maps you are 4 hours away from Czech Republic, and Eastern Poles are 2 hours away from Belarus. So no, you are not closer to Czechs than eastern Poles to Belarus ;)

Anonymous

@bernhard can you translate your text into Polish, I’d like to read it and see how much is understand of it now knowing what it says in English. 

Anonymous

@srdceleva
    Sure, what for though? Just curious.

Anonymous

@”Bernhard ” I want to send it to one of my polish friends on a forum as a joke, as he’s been teaching me some polish. He deals with this topic a lot 

Anonymous

@srdceleva
    I’ll pm it you

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

12 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Lyutenitsa™
  • pothead
  • m1tric
  • LukaVader
  • KratΩs
  • Shendelzare Silkwood