• This topic has 9 voices and 19 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I didn't know where to put this, so I did it here in the lounge… Anyhow, I notice a lot of people collect stuff. I also used to collect many things. Things like old money, post cards, a short time even militaria. Does anyone of you collect anything? Coins, cards, weapons, sport stuff, dugouts, militaria, stamps or anything else? When did you start and how "far" are you? Do you think it made you dependent? What would you like to collect?

I'll start. I used to collect stamps when smaller. Also old money and a short while militaria. I must say I was really a slave of it (not the stamps ::) ), so I quit. Now I started to collect silver coins and hats – traditional or military. And you?

Anonymous

I used to collect clovers. I had pretty solid collection of them, but then it just dissapeared. Until today it's a huge mystery for me.
    Now I'm collecting pictures of Slovak kroje to my PC, and not long ago I started to collect embroidered blouses. I have them three yet.

Btw, Collector sounds for like like from some game or movie >.< Mass Effect, I think? Yes, yes.

Anonymous

Mmm, interesting. Do you also have any shirts with red embroidery? I always fancied those blouses and shirts. Well, I'm at the begining too. I have only 4 coins yet, nut one of them is quite rare. I'm planning to go into new action soon. The problem is they're quite hard to get in my town. Mostly I get them from a shop or fairs, but in the winter there are non… :- Tricky bussiness.

Anonymous

Currently i collect various ethnographic linguistic, history, etc. texts. Either on as such or on comp.  Ok it's not a true collecting but still…. :D In any case we as an entire family have some old stuff and father collects stamps but he is not extreamly serious at it. XD

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Currently i collect various ethnographic linguistic, history, etc. texts. Either on as such or on comp.  Ok it's not a true collecting but still…. :D In any case we as an entire family have some old stuff and father collects stamps but he is not extreamly serious at it. XD

Sounds nice. What old stuff, if I may ask? :) Does he have any Hitler stamps?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Does he have any Hitler stamps?

Actually he did have lot's of Hitler and Musolini stamps, at least he says so. But then his mother burned them. Not becouse of Hitler and Musolini as such but becouse she used them for starting a fire. Babica za kurjavo vrgva. XD She didn't even know/understand why there are so many stamps in that box. Hahahah. But couple of Hitler, Musolini stamps survived nevertheless. :D

Quote:
    What old stuff, if I may ask? :)

Many various things like old clothing, chairs, coch, old irons (likalnik na žerjavco), old sewing machines, etc. Lot's of stuff.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Mmm, interesting. Do you also have any shirts with red embroidery? I always fancied those blouses and shirts. Well, I'm at the begining too. I have only 4 coins yet, nut one of them is quite rare. I'm planning to go into new action soon. The problem is they're quite hard to get in my town. Mostly I get them from a shop or fairs, but in the winter there are non… :- Tricky bussiness.

I don't have red yet. Actually two of blouses I bought in normal modern shops, I was really suprised when I found them. I really liked them, took them and they I decided I'll start with collecting. Few weeks later I bought at jarmok during folklore festival in Detva more traditional looking one, with orange embroidery (which was in especially in Detva very popular). Then we went with parents to Čičmany village, and there were TONS of blouses, but mum told me that they're too expensive (15-20€), so I couldn't buy them :CCCC Since then I didn't saw any, except internet shops, which father doesn't want me to use. So I have to wait for other markets and collect money XD

Anonymous

i used to collect matches packs (i mean this http://www.tvorilci.cz/5974-6088-thickbox/zapalkova-krabicka.jpg ) when i was small. i had several hundreds of them, each one was different  :) but they were burned during repairs of house. nowadays those packs arent so diverse, so its pointless in starting over again.

i have been collecting knives for several years, but thats rather passive, so i have only like 10 knives atm  ;D

i also collect herbs and mushrooms (for consuming of course) and money, too. currently i have about 80 euros (you can send if you have some  ;D )

other than that i collect recipes for herb usage.

we too have lots of old things ranging from old tools, old bells for cattle, old clocks, paintings to old furniture.

Anonymous

I collect information… seriously. I have way too many books, magazine, articles, etc all on my laptop and external hard drive.. and my NOOK, too. My collection grows monthly. I have some of the craziest stuff, too. Things might not interest me, but I've always had a friend that ended up wanting or needing something I had that they couldn't find.

Back in the USA, I have a collection of faeries.. they are mostly pewter faeries with gossamer wings. Beautiful little things!  I also love to collect books! Haven't done so much here in Serbia because I don't have the money. I've begun a matryoshka collection, too. Oh!  And I collect flags from every country I visit!! However, I've missed 2 flags unfortunately.. Ukraine and Romania. :( However, I hope to visit Ukraine soon for genealogy and will DEFINITELY get one then… and I'm bound to end up in Romania again so I'll snag one then hopefully. I didn't get one in Italy either.. wow. I'm slacking. :( But the requirement for me to get a flag is I have to have stayed there… I can't just pass thru the country. I have to spend at least 1 night there.

Anonymous

When I was a little kid I collected Pokemon cards. I still have them lying around somewhere.

Anonymous

Yes, I collect beer bottles. I guess that counts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XqbJkm0VZU

Other than than, my parents used to collect stamps, and my father had a collection of football players and boxers cards/stickers.

Oh, and when I was a kid I used to collect pokemon cards xD

Anonymous

All great and interesting stuff. Don't worry, everything counts – more or less. A lot of you mentioned books and similar stuff. Well, through the last years I collected quite a few history books from the past century. I think it's sad how little you can buy today about millitary history (books). :(

Anonymous

Well if also books count, I have some books about Slovak history and folklore. Not those old communistic, but relatively new, not influenced by Czechs nor Hungarians. And I wanna more, does that mean I'm collecting them? :)
    I also have one old book about Slovaks from year 1928. First edition. I'm very proud on this one.

Anonymous

well books count too? we have got few hundred of them  :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    All great and interesting stuff. Don't worry, everything counts – more or less.

Really? What about compulsive hoarders?  ;D

Anyway, since we are counting books, I like gathering texts about Norse mytholoy and sagas. I did it since I was little.

Now I stopped reading them, but I still keep on gathering them :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

4 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Tujev
  • Fia
  • 'las
  • kony97