• This topic has 99 voices and 292 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 294 total)
  • Author
    Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

Are you Atheist or Agnostic, and what are the reasons?

Anonymous

I don’t want to be rude, but you should not compare these two views. They are different in base, because Agnosticism is a view on world understanding[you can be faithful/unfaithful yet agnostic] and Atheism is view just on faith/religion matter[it’s kinda funny, but we can say that atheist can’t be agnostic].

I was raised in christian faith, but now I’m atheist. It began in normal teenage rebellion against everything: parents, system, church/faith almost like anarchy because it often suits young people. When I got adult, more educated and gain knowledge how things work in life I found atheism most rational view on faith matter. So I am atheist almost 10 y now and nothing/nobody was able to change my mind.

Anonymous

My experience is completely oposite. I was raised as an atheist. But the more I become older and the more the life is slapping me to my face, the more I feel that I need something to believe in. I feel that I begin to admire Christ for his ability to stand so much suffer.

I consider him as an human example that man must still being able to stand up and go ahead against all the injuries.

Anonymous

Well, Ľubomír, maybe you would like this site (if you already dont know it): sophia.sk

Anonymous

I’m an Atheist. Reason is pretty simple – I am not a believer. There is no evidence God exists. Period.

Anonymous

Yea but there isnt evidence that God doesnt exist. So both Atheists and Theists are equaly wierd.

Anonymous

Hypathia this not trolling, you just gonna have to trust me on this!  ;D      Is there a possibility that there is something more to reality  than science can understand at this time. Or are you hardcore for the lack of better word "believer"  ;)  that matter is all there is. I'm just trying to find out if there is a spiritual side to you? I find it hard to "believe" that you are a staunch, 100%, never ever, hardcore, unrelenting Atheist.  :D

Anonymous

I am a ‘staunch’ Atheist. If you wake up tomorrow morning thinking that saying a few Latin words over your pancakes is going to turn them into the body of Elvis Presley, you have lost your mind. But if you think more or less the same thing about a cracker and the body of Jesus, you’re just a Catholic.

Anonymous

Well I don’t see how one version of Semitic religion is better than the other, but that’s just me. But still you don’t have any spiritual side, no thoughts ever such as…. who am I, what am I doing here etc? No desire to search for the meaning of it all? Again I’m not trolling, just curious! 

Anonymous

Sam Harris is a Jew. I'd suggest looking for criticism of Abrahamic religions elsewhere.

Anonymous

As for Christianity – it is a Semitic religion, just like Judeism and Islam are. Hailed from the same place these two did too. So I can’t really understand how can any white person of European origin consider themselves one in our day and age and at the same time.

Anonymous

The gravity of Jewish suffering over the ages, culminating in the Holocaust, makes it almost impossible to entertain any suggestion that Jews might have brought their troubles upon themselves. This is, however, in a rather narrow sense, the truth. […] the ideology of Judaism remains a lightning rod for intolerance to this day. […] Jews, insofar as they are religious, believe that they are bearers of a unique covenant with God. As a consequence, they have spent the last two thousand years collaborating with those who see them as different by seeing themselves as irretrievably so. Judaism is as intrinsically divisive, as ridiculous in its literalism, and as at odds with the civilizing insights of modernity as any other religion.

Jewish settlers, by exercising their “freedom of belief” on contested land, are now one of the principal obstacles to peace in the Middle East. I was raised as a Christian, does that mean I shouldn’t have the right to criticise it either? Au contraire.

Besides, his father was a Quaker so he has insight into both religions, and opposes them both.

Anonymous

It is this that is my main problem the the Polish nationalist party NOP, they are Catholic like crazy.

Atheist, too, is folly I think. A belief in a higher power, eternal law, karma, a driving force beyond our immediate sphere, something IDEAL that we can imagine and works towards, is very necessary. Commies were atheists and they promoted total secularism, even in personal lives. Not surprisingly many commies were Jews, like Harris here, since Judaism today, especially, Zionism is just a secular and elitist club of corrupting bloodsuckers that extort money from nations.

Anonymous

Jesus was against jewish religion. His teachings are against judaism . Many popes were anti-jew. Thats why jews want to destroy catholicism.

Anonymous

Are you accusing me of being anti-white? Plus I’m not a semitic religion follower. I follow the most advanced Aryan religion! LOL  I can’t believe you are accusing me of crimes I did not commit! I don’t like you very much right now! LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 294 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.