• This topic has 15 voices and 37 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

Go check out our redesigned front page for some chills through your spine…

http://www.slavorum.com/

Anonymous

Cool!

Anonymous

Everything looks nice and cool,except the cigarette in the woman's mouth.Slavic forum should promote health,and not legal poisoning and cancer.

Anonymous

Why the hell the music starts automatically? I don't know if others have any problem with that, but I personally hate when I open some pages in background and I have to search which one is making the sound. Or every time I enter the page and I have to find the pause button because it's interfering with music I'm listening. Or that it's night and I don't want to wake anyone, I don't play any music so I don't need headphones, and suddenly a sound plays and I desperately search WHERE THE FUCK THIS COME FROM.

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka
    Quote:
    Everything looks nice and cool,except the cigarette in the woman's mouth.Slavic forum should promote health,and not legal poisoning and cancer.

You are absolutely right, we adjusted it :)

Quote:
    Why the hell the music starts automatically? I don't know if others have any problem with that, but I personally hate when I open some pages in background and I have to search which one is making the sound. Or every time I enter the page and I have to find the pause button because it's interfering with music I'm listening. Or that it's night and I don't want to wake anyone, I don't play any music so I don't need headphones, and suddenly a sound plays and I desperately search WHERE THE **** THIS COME FROM.

It's a youtube video in the bottom of the website. No worries, it's just today due to redesign of the website :)

Anonymous

Looks cool ^^
    Just the music that was playing down there scared me at first  :-
    Quite a suprise.
    But it is indeed good looking.

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka
    Quote:
    Looks cool ^^
    Just the music that was playing down there scared me at first  :-
    Quite a suprise.
    But it is indeed good looking.

<br /:D” title=”>:D” class=”bbcode_smiley” /> it was said in the first post: "Go check out our redesigned front page for some chills through your spine…"

Anonymous
    Quote:
    You are absolutely right, we adjusted it :)

Awesome.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    <br /:D” title=”>:D” class=”bbcode_smiley” /> it was said in the first post: "Go check out our redesigned front page for some chills through your spine…"

Just the right thing in scorching heat.
    Good that night will come soon.  ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    It's a youtube video in the bottom of the website. No worries, it's just today due to redesign of the website :)

In that case I have no problem with that music, good background :)

Anonymous
    Quote:

Agree.^^

I like the front page, it is cool. But I think that we need something on the up of the page because it looks empty. Maybe Slavic ornament like this image.
    But the page is already good :)

Anonymous

It's very nice overall, however, the drawings on the both sides are very "dissonant" with everything else and generally superfluous IMO. Especially the girl on the left is a pure example of what Russian slang calls клюква (ridiculous stereotipisation of Russia, USSR, ex-USSR, Eastern Europe in general etc. often found in Western media). The same goes for the Soviet March from RA3, btw. There is not the slightest chance I would take the site seriously if I visit it for the first time and see this.

Dunno, just my opinion.

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka
    Quote:
    It's very nice overall, however, the drawings on the both sides are very "dissonant" with everything else and generally superfluous IMO. Especially the girl on the left is a pure example of what Russian slang calls клюква (ridiculous stereotipisation of Russia, USSR, ex-USSR, Eastern Europe in general etc. often found in Western media). The same goes for the Soviet March from RA3, btw. There is not the slightest chance I would take the site seriously if I visit it for the first time and see this.

Dunno, just my opinion.

Well Slavorum is meant to be fun and entertaining rather than dull and boring. Stereotypes or not, it's our tool to use and transform it from a bad stereotype into something recognizable and in end a brand. Last images of Perun and Veles where basically when viewed by someone else unrecognizable by others, as they just didn't have a clue what's there.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well Slavorum is meant to be fun and entertaining rather than dull and boring. Stereotypes or not, it's our tool to use and transform it from a bad stereotype into something recognizable and in end a brand. Last images of Perun and Veles where basically when viewed by someone else unrecognizable by others, as they just didn't have a clue what's there.

This is true, but since we're talking about the front page, – the "face" of the site – these images, compared with the overall content of the blog posts, which is rather serious, and especially with the banner above, which is designed with great taste, look silly at best (again, IMO). I think a more simplistic, empty background would fit the page better.

But it's your decision after all.
    And I also don't want to be a party pooper; if the others like it, let it be.  :)

Anonymous

I don't like the half-naked girl with a Kalashnikoff. Everything else looks great.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.