• This topic has 16 voices and 234 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 226 through 236 (of 236 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

@texczech82 23andme allows raw data uploads now?

Anonymous

They did as a one-day promotion to Ancestry customers yesterday, I believe. These results are much closer to my paper trail than my original test with them.

Anonymous

@texczech82 that’s lame. Yea mean they look spot on. Your original tested wasn’t updated to be similar to that? 

Anonymous

@srdceleva no, my original results, even after phasing with my mom, weren’t even close to this. These new upload results are much closer to what they should be considering my mom, uncle, and grandma’s results, as well.

No automatic alt text available
    Original results, even after the update and phasing.

Anonymous

23andme allows raw data uploads now?

Do they clone people?

Anonymous

New K14  calculator results from Geneplaza. According to them, their most accurate ancestry calculator to date. Thing is, aside from South Asian, East Asian and Sub-Saharan African, none of the categories are modern.

My results:

My mom’s results:

Anonymous

@texczech82 I did mine today as well, I’ll post the results later.

Anonymous

The calculators and most studies use ADMIXTURE software. The results are predictable and boring.

Lets look at IBD analyses.

Anonymous

Don’t know what that means, or how to look at it, but feel free to take a good look at my IBDs and tell me what’s up.

Anonymous

@texczech82
    here are my results

K14_gene_plaza_1K14_gene_plaza_2

Anonymous

Your DNA may be held against you

Susan Scutti

CNN.com

If you’ve sent your DNA to a commercial genealogy site, said Susan Scutti, it may one day be used in a criminal investigation. That’s the obvious implication of last week’s arrest by California police of Joseph DeAngelo, the man they believe is the infamous Golden State Killer. Investigators used a sample of the killer’s DNA found at a crime scene to look for family members on GEDmatch, a free online service, and matched it to some of DeAngelo’s relatives. Further police work led to DeAngelo. No one can dispute that solving the case would be a triumph for justice, but the landmark investigation creates real privacy concerns for the millions of people who’ve submitted DNA to services such as Ancestry.com and 23andMe.com. These samples “contain a treasure trove of health and ancestry information about you and your family.” Public defenders warn that if law enforcement agencies come to rely on DNA searches like that in the California case, it will cast a net of suspicion over hundreds of innocent people in investigations of murders, rapes, and robberies. So be forewarned: When you submit your DNA for analysis, it could one day lead to the arrest of an uncle or third cousin—or you.

Viewing 11 posts - 226 through 236 (of 236 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

3 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Tujev
  • Fia
  • AphexTwin