• This topic has 4 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Just got my DNA origins test and not too surprised at the results. Results were 54% Southern Europe, very strong in the old Kingdom of Aragon. That is what my genealogy research that I stumbled onto this past summer told me. 40% Eastern Europe. Mostly in Galicia, from Lviv UK to Saris county Slovakia. Interestingly, strong markers from Western Pomerania PL. and Meklenburg DL. Also, some hits for Romania. 3% From France and Switzerland and 3% Native American, from Panama. I know these are not very specific, but still interesting. A full DNA panel will run my about 400$ and might consider doing it next month.

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

Where from in Shouthern Europe?

Anonymous

Got hits across the Iberian and Italian peninsula regions. The strongest markers were for the Balecerian islands, Catalonia and Naples. Pretty much Kingdom of Aragon and my record search tracked my family to the Valencia era back to about the early 1400’s.

The Slavic side was almost spot on what I expected, but more from northwest Poland than expected. Not sure why these tests can’t be more accurate as for percentages from specific places

Anonymous

@rodv how much did you pay for the test? and how long do you wait for the results?

Anonymous

I paid 99$ and used family tree DNA. Other popular one is 23 and me. They all run about the same price. I know it’s not a 100% perfect science, especially with so much mixing between Europeans. My wife always thought she was half German, but actually came up Batlic. Guess the family was assimilated and from the old area that the Teutonic knights took over

She’s the science person and I’m the history teacher so helped her figure that out. She was also Iberian and native American

Anonymous

@rodv that’s not that much money, pretty nice.

Anonymous

Well ,I was always saying that I’m practically half German ,but I would not be supprised if it would came out that I’m 100% Slavonic from both sides. I consider Balts as Slavs in rejection, lets be honest. Many people say that I have “germanic” or “skandinavian” look ,but skull shape is a random thing.
    Rodv is this a test for all sides of familly or only your male ,or only female line?

Anonymous

Well ,I was always saying that I’m practically half German ,but I would not be supprised if it would came out that I’m 100% Slavonic from both sides. I consider Balts as Slavs in rejection, lets be honest. Many people say that I have “germanic” or “skandinavian” look ,but skull shape is a random thing.
    Rodv is this a test for all sides of familly or only your male ,or only female line?

Anonymous

The autosomal test is from both sides mixed up. Sorta like picking apart ingredients in a pirohi after it is cooked. The mtDNA is mitochondrial on your mom’s side and the y DNA is for dad’s . I think a y test can only be done by a male. The mt can by both male and female.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • LukaVader
  • KratΩs
  • Shendelzare Silkwood
  • m1tric
  • Australian Santa