• This topic has 9 voices and 48 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #411051

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    You know, not always u must drink, but if there was plan where everybody agreed to go down, well u should not brake your word!  ;DOh our bad lady, nevertheless it is also part of our heritage.  ;)

    Of course, but it sounds silly to me  :)  Did you know that there's an extinct castle and settlement in South Slovakia (on the borders with Hungary) named Kokot http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kokot_(castle) ? But Turks destroyed it in the 16th century. Actually, it is present-day Štúrovo that the first record from 1075 involves Kakath name for the town. We know two things – the current horrible vulgarism as kokot is (sorry for using it, but I have to write it somehow) existed in the 11th century. And, it is a Slavic word which means a rooster, so it proves that the inhabitants of present-day Štúrovo were Slovaks back to the 11th century. Now Štúrovo has a large Magyar minority.

    Quote:
    I lived most my life in the suburb called proudly Kokociniec (kokot's place), I hope this doesn't make me a kokot :D

    Anyway here kokot is this:
    [img height=100]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f8/Rooster04_adjusted.jpg” />

    whilekokotek is this (still wonder why):
    [img height=100]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/Brass_water_tap.jpg” />

    To Slovaks those are pretty funny, however we use a similar word for a tap –kohútik (a little rooster).

    #411052

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Anyway here kokot is this:
    [img height=100]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f8/Rooster04_adjusted.jpg” />

    Yes this is the male speciment i was talking about! Finally somebody cracked up the meaning! Basically kokot means rooster in Slovene or at least dialectically in east. It most certantly is in dictionary. I wanted to wait for Barov as well besides mišo just to joke around but i see he is not here. He'll tell us about avtohtoni vychodnarski kokoti next time then.

    #411053

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Maybe it remanded someone of rooster's head ?

    Indeed i agree with this theory. :D

    #411054

    Anonymous

    ANY PROBLEM?
    image

    anyway i had good laugh at reading this thread, but now i really go and jump into bed  ;D

    #411055

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    ANY PROBLEM?

    anyway i had good laugh at reading this thread, but now i really go and jump into bed  ;D

    Good this was my intent. ;D

    #411056

    Anonymous

    Do you know town "Kunda" ? :D

    image
    Četnici jsou kokoti  ;D

    #411057

    Anonymous
    Quote:

    <br /;D” title=”>;D” class=”bbcode_smiley” />

    Quote:
    Do you know town "Kunda" ? :D

    No. :)

    #411058

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    I am interested in all of autohtonous breeds in Slovakia! :D

    Ty toto robíš naschvál Sväte a nám ostatným, že? XD
    There is even a village in Souther Poland called ko like that :3 It always made me laugh ;D

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kokot,_Poland

    #411059

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Ty toto robíš naschvál Sväte a nám ostatným, že? XD

    No this is intended for all. :D

    Quote:
    There is even a village in Souther Poland called ko like that :3 It always made me laugh ;D

    Hahah! ;D

    #411060

    Anonymous

    I always thought kurec is the word for your cocks – you know which ones I mean… But is it? Since a similar word has a very different meaning in South Slavic languages.  ;)

    #411061

    Anonymous

    kura – chicken ,kohut – rooster

    #411062

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    kura – chicken ,kohut – rooster

    Hmmm, then I was mistaking, obviously.

    #411063

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    I always thought kurec is the word for your cocks – you know which ones I mean… But is it? Since a similar word has a very different meaning in South Slavic languages.  ;)

    You have small "kurec", We have great "kokot" !! :D

    #411064

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    You have small "kurec", We have great "kokot" !! :D

    Ok, nice. You can keep it. We Styrians already have our own kokoti.
    They're called "Štajerci" aswell
    image

    #411065

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Ok, nice. You can keep it. We Styrians already have our own kokoti.
    They're called "Štajerci" aswell
    image

    Točn tko! ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

7 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Shnickstara89
  • LCaine
  • ☭Lil Commie☭
  • Drizzt
  • Nefario
  • Petko (the pet store)