• This topic has 15 voices and 63 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

How is it that the Russian people often have a Baltic or East Nordid phenotype?

Anonymous

They do not.  I've met a lot of 'Russians' (including Rossiyane) in Europe and around the world and Baltid or East Nordid is not what I would describe them as.

Internet claims aside, most Russians (that were not Asiatic) I met were either East Baltid, Gorid, Pontid, North Pontid and East Nordid.  I saw a ton of blonde Russians in the Baltic and I assume this would be true in St. Petersburg (and the old Novgorod area in general) but most 'Russians' aren't as blonde as Scandinavians or Finns, albeit the rate of blondism among ethnic Russians may be higher than in Western Europeans (British women and dye jobs aside, most British people minus skin are pretty dark I think).

In my particular city, most Russians (Ruski and Rossiyane included) are mainly Brunettes.

On average, I thought Ukrainians in West Ukraine were lighter and more Europid than the Russians I've seen in my life but mind you there's a lot of racially mixed Russians in Russia and abroad.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    They do not.  I've met a lot of 'Russians' (including Rossiyane) in Europe and around the world and Baltid or East Nordid is not what I would describe them as.

Internet claims aside, most Russians (that were not Asiatic) I met were either East Baltid, Gorid, Pontid, North Pontid and East Nordid.  I saw a ton of blonde Russians in the Baltic and I assume this would be true in St. Petersburg (and the old Novgorod area in general) but most 'Russians' aren't as blonde as Scandinavians or Finns, albeit the rate of blondism among ethnic Russians may be higher than in Western Europeans (British women and dye jobs aside, most British people minus skin are pretty dark I think).

In my particular city, most Russians (Ruski and Rossiyane included) are mainly Brunettes.

On average, I thought Ukrainians in West Ukraine were lighter and more Europid than the Russians I've seen in my life but mind you there's a lot of racially mixed Russians in Russia and abroad.

You're Scandinavian and you ain't blond.

Anonymous
    Quote:

A good chunk of that is Norwegian and many Norwegians aren't blonde.  Norwegians are easily the least blonde among Scandinavians.  The Norwegian king is technically mixed with everything, but there are ethnic Norwegians like the Prime Minister (Jens Stoltenberg) who is brunette.  In North America, no one would ever guess that I am part Scandinavian (because of my dark hair) but Scandinavians in South East Asia would sometimes address me in their language (since Scandinavians themselves know that not everyone in their country is a blonde).

I've been classified before as North Pontid (sometimes North Atlantid too) and really a North Pontid is just a pigmented East Nordid, If I dyed my hair blonde (although it would look ghey because I can't dye the eyebrows or beard) I would look more Nordic.

[img width=487 height=700]http://www.regjeringen.no/upload/SMK/Portrettbilde/Statsministeren/bildearkiv/jens%20stoltenberg1%20171005.jpg” />

Funny thing but if I showed Jen's photo to people I know in Canada, they maybe would guess he is Eastern European since he isn't blonde hair but doesn't look British, French or German.

Anonymous
    Quote:

There is no blonde nation in Europe. Majority of Europeans has brown hair and green eyes. Shade of brown could vary from light to dark. Well if you take of Portugese it is. (They are least European like in Europe). Concernign Russia, during Euro, you could see their fans are pretty light haired, but i would say that light brown is still most dominant among them. (As well among Swedes, for example).

Anonymous
    Quote:
    In my opinion green eyes are quite rare. I think in Europe brown eyes are most predominant.

Well, I dont know, I see green eyes pretty often, more offten than blue and black eyes. Well but it is what I see, not necessarily truth.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Green eyes are often product of brown eyed and blue eyed parents. Bosnia is very mixed in this terms so maybe thats why you have so many green eyed people. These are most predominant eyes in Europe IMO;

What do you mean?  Maybe I'm not looking strongly enough into people's eyes, but I don't ever recall seeing green eyes.  I would think a light brown colour would be the most common?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    What do you mean?  Maybe I'm not looking strongly enough into people's eyes, but I don't ever recall seeing green eyes.  I would think a light brown colour would be the most common?

Green eyes like this:
    Well, I just had cofee, out of 5 of us 3 had green eyes, mine are somwhere between blue and green and just one of us had light brown eyes. I know it could be just coincidence, but still. Green eyes are usal here. I could confirm for Belgrade also, even if we know that Belgrad is full of people from everywhere.

You could compare Serbian policitians, military, sportsmen , Milorad Dodik, Radovan Karadžić, Ivica Dačić, Momčilo Krajišnik, Vuk Jeremić, Neven Subotić, are just example of green eyed Serbs.

Anonymous

In Russia we have different phenotypes. I would say ethnical Russian people would usually have fair complexion.
    In fact many people in Russia are saying that a typical ethnical Russian has русые волосы (light brown hair) and grey eyes (серые глаза). Grey eyes may be classified differently in other countries. There are traditional stories, fairy tales, songs and common sayings in present day about people with русые волосы and grey eyes. Grey eyes look a little bluish to me.

Русые волосы

Grey eyes

Anonymous

Anonymous
    Quote:
    It is official then. I am Russian. ;D

Who knows, you may have distant relatives living in Veliky Novgorod oblast'. :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well, I dont know, I see green eyes pretty often, more offten than blue and black eyes. Well but it is what I see, not necessarily truth.

Green eyes as I noticed are very spread among Serbs, me myself included.

Anonymous

Baltid as a subrace is more lighter even than Nordid. and Kanadets, North Pontid is just a Pontid with light coloured eyes. it is still a Slavic Med and not East Nordic. even though Nordic admixture is probably present.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Hahaha yeah. One Slovene guy actualy found out his ancestors came from Russia. I dont know how exactly becouse i forgot but he claimed and got land of his ancestors in Russia. :)

Well concerning that, endonym Словѣнє is much older than Славѣнє. Second form is attested in XV century, while in OCS slavs are called Словѣнє. слово – word, reason, слава – glory. Older form is preserved in OCS:. Словѣнє, Ukrainian: слов'яни, Serbian: Словени, Macedonian Словени, Slovene: Slovani, Polish: Słowianie, Czech: Slované, Slovak: Slovania, Kashubian:Słowiónie, Upper Sorbian: Słowjenjo, Lower Sorbian: Słowjany

Quote:
    Green eyes as I noticed are very spread among Serbs, me myself included.

Among Bosniaks as well, I think in Croatia also.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I dont understand how that relates with my text. But yeah anyway as i understand Slovene word for Slavs became Slovani becouse we already use original word for our own nation however i am not sure.

Lol sorry, I got confused myself. :) I guess this was more for topic of origins of Slavs. :) I somhow confused this with thread about extinct Slavs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Yung Slav
  • Drizzt
  • БЕЗНОГNМ
  • Kratos
  • Родни Никотин ☭
  • Piachu