• This topic has 2 voices and 1 reply.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

What is everyone's opinions on this? To me I think that while there has been interaction between the Slavs and Balts as well as inter-marriage, where is the proof that there is a direct Balto-Slavic connection? If you listen to Baltic and Slavic languages they sound very different, although Ukrainian does have some similarities to the ear. To me the link is historic and not genetic. Why do I say this? Because I like to believe in facts and not in myths. If I can see scientific proof which suggests a biological Balto-Slavic link then I will be more inclined to believe in it. Otherwise I think the link is through historic interaction and geography, culture.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    What is everyone's opinions on this? To me I think that while there has been interaction between the Slavs and Balts as well as inter-marriage, where is the proof that there is a direct Balto-Slavic connection? If you listen to Baltic and Slavic languages they sound very different, although Ukrainian does have some similarities to the ear. To me the link is historic and not genetic. Why do I say this? Because I like to believe in facts and not in myths. If I can see scientific proof which suggests a biological Balto-Slavic link then I will be more inclined to believe in it. Otherwise I think the link is through historic interaction and geography, culture.

Lithuanian – Russian/polish. Enough proof if you ask me. The panteon "Perkunas -> Perun " etc.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

10 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Tujev
  • Jan Pat II
  • kony97
  • GOGA
  • ca$hbunni
  • slovborg