• This topic has 13 voices and 50 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Cathedral of Christ the Saviour

The church on the picture above was the biggest cathedral in Moscow and in all Russia in 19th century. It’s construction took fifty years to be fully completed.

[img width=550 height=385]http://englishrussia.com/images/cathedral_blowup/1.jpg” />

[img width=550 height=359]http://englishrussia.com/images/cathedral_blowup/2.jpg” />

[img width=550 height=339]http://englishrussia.com/images/cathedral_blowup/3.jpg” />

Anonymous

And here it is now, Re-Built :D

Anonymous
    Quote:

That's nice to see ;D thought i would prefer Slavs reconstructing some old known Pagan sanctuaries both as a tourist attraction and an effort to bring it's old culture a bit back to life.

Anonymous
    Quote:

It doesn't look so big as in other pictures.

Anonymous

Well, seriously how many effort you need to build something like this:

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well, seriously how many effort you need to build something like this:

Exactly, not much, and that's just the reason why it's so ridiculous there are none neither any initiative. Thought let's not act silly Dalibor, we know that temples weren't either in only such simple form but they were as complex for it's time as medieval churches for it's own.

Do you think this architecture is Christian?

It isn't and it's old Slavic that Christians took from the pagans…same as Slavic temples looked as such thought of course bigger cities had larger and more complex temples surrounded with Idols of our Gods.

Anonymous

Pentaz, I am not architect, but if you start seriously to analize you would came to few conclusions:
    1) that type of architecture was developed when Slavs were Christians.
    2) It was heavily influenced by Byzantine achitecture.
    3) It was built in shape of cross.
    4) It is Chuch
    Yes it is Christian architecture. Slavic Christian architecture.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    …It isn't and it's old Slavic that Christians took from the pagans…same as Slavic temples looked as such thought of courser bigger cities had larger and more complex temples surrounded with Idols of our Gods.

Excellent point Pent! Rep+!

Christians have, among many other things, stolen our ancient Slavic architecture too!

Let us not forget the temple in Arkona which was back in the days a marvellous building.

It is a big surprise for me too that there is no initiative for reconstructing pagan temples. What little I have seen is, strangely, in Poland

Anonymous

Dalibor do you know how hard it is to have an open fire when its raining?  ;D and smoke like that… i think its really difficult.

pentaz yes that architecture is christian
    nave, crosses, iconostases, are christian
    notice there are small crescent under each cross, i heard its interpreted as symbol of victory over pagan cult of bull…
    and the church was built in 18th or 19th century, which is  roughly 800-900 years after paganism ceased to exist in that area :) architecture changes over time…
    nobody stole architecture, its immaterial so it cant be stolen :)
    and how do you know how temple of arkona looked? it was destroyed in 1168 if you didnt notice.

somewhere, dont remember where i read that pagans built temple buildings only under influence of christians, and not everywhere, only for example at elbe river or baltic coast, in those areas we know that pagan priests gained big power over society and ruled in almost theocratic way.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Excellent point Pent! Rep+!

Christians have, among many other things, stolen our ancient Slavic architecture too!

Ancient Slavs were building their kapištas in shape of cross? ;D They were building domes? They had icons? Oltar, naos, đakonikon, those ra ancient Slavic words?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Ancient Slavs were building their kapištas in shape of cross? ;D They were building domes? They had icons? Oltar, naos, đakonikon, those ra ancient Slavic words?

Be sarcastic all you want. This kind of wooden construction was clearly influenced by central European pagan buildings. There are also Byzantine elements, but Orthodox Byzant architecture was in turn taken from pagan Greek architecture, so this does you not credit.  :P

And you call it "Christian" architecture… pih!

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Pentaz, I am not architect, but if you start seriously to analize you would came to few conclusions:
    4) It is Chuch

Slavic culture is called the wooden culture. When talking about Slavic culture, we must be aware of the fact that the core of Slavic culture was and still is pagan. No matter if you like it or not.  ;)  Your logic says that 100 years ago the Christian churches in Slovakia were Pagan, because people called it Perun's houses. Yes, it is well recorded. Christian missionaries took over so many Slavic pagan stuff because they knew, people would hardly give them up. And many pagan temples were rebuilt to churches as the archaelogy and legends say.

I know, you're a priest, you will never admit it.  ;)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    4) It is Chuch

In what type of buildings did Slavs live prior to Christians then?

Anonymous

i just noticed we are now offtopic.
    to get on topic: did they built cathedrals and then blow them up?
    what do you think? in my opinion this practice was stolen from old slavic pagans  :-X

carniolan: im waiting for you to give us sources on pagan temple buildings in carpathian area. because now its jsut your romantic imagination.

and peruns house? 100 years ago in some village isnt whole slovakia :)

pentaz, they lived in zemľankas or huts

Anonymous

Wow look a Slavic Church(Saint Leonard's church in Lipnica Murowana):

But my, my what is this!! A pagan idol of Svetovid inside a Christian Slavic Church! :O

but yeah i guess it was originally Christian because of the dome and altar inside, no way did the Christians convert the Pagan Temple into a Christian Church by building a dome on a temple and inserting the cross with an altar inside.

Do you guys still think that anything that is learned as Christian today is in reallity really its? That is a religion made on assimilating other things into it's core.
    All these Christian European saints as St.George etc? pagan gods turned into saints!
    Christian architecture? there is no such thing, only a cross that is built upon architecture of natives.
    Christian Christmas? read about Germanic Yule,
    Christian Easter and Eggs? Read about Yarilo and pisanki egg coloring among slavic pagans

Only thing that is Christian is a tale about Jews, one Jew they rejected, Jesus and his cross, and he escaped all the way to us on end succeeding to spread here in Europe what they have rejected there where he comes from, middle east.

Christianity does not exist…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

8 User(s) Online Join Server
  • kony97
  • Yung Slav
  • 'las
  • Piachu
  • Woodju
  • Australian Santa