• This topic has 20 voices and 28 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Do you practice any sports? I finally started the M.M.A. (Mixed Martial Arts). I've practice Aikido for 3 years and Gong Fu Wushu for 1. Now I want to increase my knowledge about artial marts. Maybe some will disagree with me, but I think Bruce Lee was the best martial arts athlete and artist (how he like to be called). I read his books and I think that are really very interesting. I really like his training notes, his ideas and his approach. And it is his fault that I did Gong Fu Wushu, unfortunately the training methods of the teacher that I had, not liked me more and I decided to change. I chose to practice an open martial art, as the M.M.A., which follows the thought of Jet Kune Do by Bruce Lee.

Personally, I love running, I even managed to make a good condition, I've ran for 6 km in a row and that was great. To describe my thoughts I can quote what fascism was talking about "Mens sana in corpore sano", a healthy mind in a healthy body, and before that says Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche. You can have the best performance, only if both components, mind (meaning not only brain, but also spirit) and body, are well trained. I think that a rotten body leads to the decay of the mind, and that is why I practice sport.

And you? What do you think about sport?

Anonymous

I used to do Judo from when I was very young until high school. Then I did karate until university times.

Anonymous

I was preocupated with boxing few years ago. Now i don't have much time so I go to the gym sometimes.

Anonymous

Doing gym and cardio trainings, and hitting air when really pissed…

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Doing gym and cardio trainings, and hitting air when really pissed…

Just small advice. Try hitting punching bag when really pissed it really helps  ;)

Anonymous

Martial arts are a form of fighting "theory" now they are a great way to IMPROVE but it doesnt replace good old experience. If you want to be able to defend yourself you need to first know real world fighting eg street fighting and learn how to fight "dirty" and take cheap shots someone whose out to get you in real life wont be going after you fairly.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    hitting air when really pissed…

I know that!  I m doing it too!  ;D Muhehe

Quote:
    If you want to be able to defend yourself you need to first know real world fighting eg street fighting.

You are speaking like true Serb.  ;D  No seriously, what does it mean "dirty"? Having a hidden knife by yourself and when loosing fight, starting to stab? Because this is in my opinion cowardly tactics. It s nothing better like honestly win in the ring.

Anonymous

No it's not stabbing someone when losing its kicking in the bal*s  put your fingers into his eyes … :).

Anonymous
    Quote:

You are speaking like true Serb.  ;D  No seriously, what does it mean "dirty"? Having a hidden knife by yourself and when loosing fight, starting to stab? Because this is in my opinion cowardly tactics. It s nothing better like honestly win in the ring.

You have to keep in mind, that the opponent can be dishonest coward and can use the knife against you  ;D, what then? Expecially gypsies are experts in such unfair fight practices. I am talking of my own experiences.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Quote:
    hitting air when really pissed…

I know that!  I m doing it too!  ;D Muhehe

Quote:
    If you want to be able to defend yourself you need to first know real world fighting eg street fighting.

You are speaking like true Serb.  ;D  No seriously, what does it mean "dirty"? Having a hidden knife by yourself and when loosing fight, starting to stab? Because this is in my opinion cowardly tactics. It s nothing better like honestly win in the ring.

The ring isn't the real world buddy.When someone is after you they dont take fair and "brave" shots at you. If theyre fighting you they have a score to settle with you its not the ring where you do it for "sport" and "friendly" fights. Dirty means take throat shots, take stomach shots, go for the groin, go for the eyes, once they've slouched down knee them to the face. If you see any objects laying around like rocks, bottles, chains, pipes anything use them! The whole point is to get the other guy down as fast as possible, thats the real world my friend not the ring.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Quote:

You are speaking like true Serb.  ;D  No seriously, what does it mean "dirty"? Having a hidden knife by yourself and when loosing fight, starting to stab? Because this is in my opinion cowardly tactics. It s nothing better like honestly win in the ring.

You have to keep in mind, that the opponent can be dishonest coward and can use the knife against you  ;D, what then? Expecially gypsies are experts in such unfair fight practices. I am talking of my own experiences.

mexicans, blacks and an array of other people as well but the reason they do it is they have a reason for attacking you its either some score to settle, to rob you or some purpose like that they arent in for the "fun" of fighting

Anonymous

Yes! Thats true! No mercy until it is a robber or have some any other advantage, for example a goup of fellows. But I m talking about provokated fighting on the street. It s a big difference when you attaks somebody for fighting and nothing more and when you try to somebody seriously hurt. You know.

Anonymous

I practiced Tae Kwon Do for 2 years and then had a bad injury that kept me out for over a year. Now I am trying to get back into it. For now I go to the gym to swim, run, and do strength exercises.

Anonymous

I have a home gym in my basement setup…well ok it's just a boxing bag + barbell bench but it gets the job done haha. I workout according to Mark Rippletoe's Starting Strength workout. I do it Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays. I do military press, bench press, barbell rows, deadlifts, squats. I always warm up for a few minutes beforehand with the boxing bag and practice my punch.

So far it has only been 3 weeks, but I am getting crazy strength gains and sculpted muscles. It's happening really fast, I also watch my diet and eat alot of Whey protein.

Anonymous

Building muscle is not the problem – it's the dreaded plateau effect and most eventually will come around to using steroids to circumvent this.  That's why a lot of fitness models appear very muscular compared to professional athletes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

7 User(s) Online Join Server
  • (o)possum tamer 🐀 (kris)
  • Tujev
  • Fia
  • Nexius
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Glockamole