• This topic has 15 voices and 30 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

So, anyone has any pictures of it? Online version or anything???

Anonymous

Anonymous

what do you think is it fake, I read it some two years ago and many people were saing it's fake

Anonymous

It's the fakest fake in the whole rich history of "ancient Slavic" forgeries. There's not a single academic that has ever considered it authentic.  :)

Anonymous

Well, one can still read it as a fiction.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    It's the fakest fake in the whole rich history of "ancient Slavic" forgeries. There's not a single academic that has ever considered it authentic.  :)

You are forgeting one "academic", it's that Pešić guy that writes all kinds of s***.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well, one can still read it as a fiction.

Yep, it's even entertaining to a certain degree, especially the linguistic mindscrew the original text is. The author(s) managed to produce a language that can't even possibly exist. ;D  Sadly, many people need the book as yet another source of surrogate history/ideology doping, and not always out of sheer naivety or ignorance.

Quote:
    You are forgeting one "academic", it's that Pešić guy that writes all kinds of s***.

Heh, if we talk about his kind of "academics"… Look at A. Asov, the author of the most popular Russian "translation" of the "Vlesbook". He made helluva money out of it.

Anonymous

The best book…to ignite a fire with.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    So, anyone has any pictures of it? Online version or anything???

http://www.freewebs.com/bookofveles/bookofvelesenglish.htm
    "Slavic fantasy" for sure, but as a slvaic fairytale its quite charming.

Anonymous

one of the coolest fantasy fiction stories i ever read  ;D

Anonymous

What's fake about it?

As in, is the claim that it is old fake (as it is supposedly a forgery) or is the material contained within it fake?

I heard a lot of Slavic neo-pagans use it as a reference for their rituals etc.

I would like to have a read of it, does anyone have any links to it? Can't seem to find it online anywhere.

Anonymous

Well, simply because the language of the book is twisted Russian, not Common Slavic. A failed archaization by someone without any knowledge of Slavic linguistics. Something like describing Ancient Romans with pistols and cars – such a text cannot be authentic.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    What's fake about it?

As in, is the claim that it is old fake (as it is supposedly a forgery) or is the material contained within it fake?

I heard a lot of Slavic neo-pagans use it as a reference for their rituals etc.

I would like to have a read of it, does anyone have any links to it? Can't seem to find it online anywhere.

The language of the "Vlesbook" is a totally random mess of several modern Slavic languages – Russian, Czech, Polish, Serbian and Bulgarian, combined with lots of words in quasi-archaic forms that just couldn't exist and include random nasal vowels, yers and yat's just for the sake of looking ancient; the grammar is so irregular it couldn't possibly exist in a natural language. In short, the language of the text is so ridiculous that every student of Slavic philology with 2 semesters of the program behind his back can tell it's forged.  ;D

There is also the riveting story of Jurij Miroljubov "finding" the book and saving it (by copying the text on paper) from the fire in the literal sense, which is really hilarious, and the  sudden convinient disappearance of all the hard evidence of the book's existence just in time, etc. etc.

A lot of Slavic neo-pagans worship Large Wooden Dicks, but this is not a reason to believe actual pagan Slavs did so as well, is it?  ;D

Anonymous

Still, I would like to read it. So if anyone has an English translation of it, please post it here.

Anonymous

I think the part PragueRatter posted is the only extant English translation. Also, keep in mind it's not translated directly from the "original" (the original text makes very little sense), but from A. Asov's interpretation in modern Russian.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.