• This topic has 30 voices and 109 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 110 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Without any trolling and hate speech ,just tell me do you see Bosniaks as slavs? and why yes.,or no? :)

Anonymous

I voted for YES.

Only two main things come to my mind : Slavic language and similar genes with other South Slavs.

I haven't researched Bosniak culture, but I bet that certain Slavic customs are present.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I voted for YES.

Only two main things come to my mind : Slavic language and similar genes with other South Slavs.

I haven't researched Bosniak culture, but I bet that certain Slavic customs are present.

Yes we have plenty of slavic influence,even in our religion.One bosniak famous imam (Handzic) wrote a book about it

Anonymous

Yes you are Slavs. You have Baltid influence even. :D

Anonymous

Bosniaks are long lost Bulgarians  ;D jk
    In my region there is a village called Bosnak or Bosnek. There are also other toponyms
    http://bg.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%91%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BD%D0%B0_%28%D1%81%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%BE%29

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Bosniaks are long lost Bulgarians  ;D jk
    In my region there is a village called Bosnak or Bosnek. There are also other toponyms
    http://bg.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%91%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BD%D0%B0_%28%D1%81%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%BE%29

Interesting :) any story behind the name?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Interesting :) any story behind the name?

Seriously I know a theory that Bosniaks are actually bogomils who were persecuted in Bulgaria by the Orthodox church and settled in Bosnia. Anyway this theory lacks any serious and solid evidences.

So what guys you are? According to Serbs you are Serbs to Croats Croats.
    Whats the Bosniak view of this question?

Anonymous

Slavs of mostly Croatian and Serbian background. Population due to being isolated in mountainous area the bogumilism got popular, but also probably some local patriotism arisen in the population thus the bogumilism was also an effort to separate themselves as self governing population. After that we have Ottoman invasion and rest is what we have today.

Imo, i do believe actually you all probably are Croats and Serbs in origin however (!!!) i strongly believe that if any population wishes to govern themselves they have the right for that…and that's how Bosniaks came to be (also due to Ottomans). So i have no problem you being there under such a name etc. I mean, everybody has the right to view themselves as separate people if they wish and if they will live better that way.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Seriously I know a theory that Bosniaks are actually bogomils who were persecuted in Bulgaria by the Orthodox church and settled in Bosnia. Anyway this theory lacks any serious and solid evidences.

So what guys you are? According to Serbs you are Serbs to Croats Croats.
    Whats the Bosniak view of this question?

We were bogomils or believers in the bosnian church before converting to islam

Anonymous
    Quote:
    We were bogomils or believers in the bosnian church before converting to *****

What made Bosniaks convert to I.slam and when?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Slavs of mostly Croatian and Serbian background. Population due to being isolated in mountainous area the bogumilism got popular, but also probably some local patriotism arisen in the population thus the bogumilism was also an effort to separate themselves as self governing population. After that we have Ottoman invasion and rest is what we have today.

Imo, i do believe actually you all probably are Croats and Serbs in origin however (!!!) i strongly believe that if any population wishes to govern themselves they have the right for that…and that's how Bosniaks came to be (also due to Ottomans). So i have no problem you being there under such a name etc. I mean, everybody has the right to view themselves as separate people if they wish and if they will live better that way.

Well that way we can say you are serb ,but the catholic church gave you a distant identity

religion formed the identities

Anonymous
    Quote:
    What made Bosniaks convert to I.slam and when?

During the 15th and 16th century most families converted,by the end of 16th century majority was muslim

There are many different possible reasons,i personally believe that the bosnian christians prefered islam over catholic or orthodox faith because of all the perescution they went through before that as heretics ,especially from the catholic side.

Orthodox came in greater numbers to Bosnia after the ottoman occupation

Anonymous
    Quote:
    During the 15th and 16th century most families converted,by the end of 16th century majority was ******

There are many different possible reasons,i personally believe that the bosnian christians prefered ***** over catholic or orthodox faith because of all the perescution they went through before that as heretics ,especially from the catholic side.

Orthodox came in greater numbers to Bosnia after the ottoman occupation

First time Мuslims had majority in Bosnia was 1971.  ::)

Anonymous

No flame wars, please!

Anonymous
    Quote:
    First time Мuslims had majority in Bosnia was 1971.  ::)

You do know that ottomans had their "census" too and by  end of 16th century there were more muslim families than christian

will try to find this

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Bosniaks’ is closed to new replies.

Slavorum

6 User(s) Online Join Server
  • ☭Lil Commie☭
  • Petko (the pet store)
  • Drizzt
  • LCaine
  • ▽eurus▽
  • Shnickstara89