• This topic has 30 voices and 109 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 110 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Quote:
    You do know that ottomans had their "census" too and by  end of 16th century there were more ****** families than christian

will try to find this

I allready saw them ;)

Quote:
    No flame wars, please!

No, this was not flame war. Nor I am in feud with her. :) Just completly different opinions.

Anonymous

Then you should know that Bosniaks made up to 80% in the 18th century,first in the 1800s the number dropped because of imigration to Turkey and other factors

Anonymous
    Quote:
    During the 15th and 16th century most families converted,by the end of 16th century majority was ******

There are many different possible reasons,i personally believe that the bosnian christians prefered ***** over catholic or orthodox faith because of all the perescution they went through before that as heretics ,especially from the catholic side.

Orthodox came in greater numbers to Bosnia after the ottoman occupation

If I understand it correctly, Bogomils converted to the religion of Turks because they ruled that territory at that time, so they expected Turks to protect them from Catholic Croats? Hm, I see…

Quote:
    No, this was not flame war. Nor I am in feud with her. :) Just completly different opinions.

I'm warning you two in advance  ;)

Anonymous

If  you look at the old ottoman "defteri" you see that by end of 16th century Bosniak muslims were majority(and also different christian sources claim the same)

http://www.camo.ch/povijestbih06.htm

But later on,after the 18th century,bosniak number started to drop because of imigration etc,so in 1879 the serb orthodox were biggest number in BIH

Anonymous

Anonymous

If I understand it correctly, Bogomils converted to the religion of Turks because they ruled that territory at that time, so they expected Turks to protect them from Catholic Croats? Hm, I see…

Well once they were under ottoman rule,the Vatican could not harm them ,but probably they were not as organized,no strong church etc

Anonymous
    Quote:

Well that way we can say you are serb ,but the catholic church gave you a distant identity

religion formed the identities

History books, history in general as well as even archaeological artifacts state quite clearly our name back dozen centuries so not really, we were Croats when we were pagans, we are Croats when we are Christian today so as far as i'm concerned anybody can tell anything but clear facts remain.

I mean, it's not like i'm trying to provoke here anything. But if you didn't belong partiality to Croat and Serbian ethno who were you then? I can understand bogumilism and that it has spread there and got popular but who were those people that embraced bogumilism? what was their tribal name?

Anonymous

Well we were knows as Bosnjani,Bosniaks of course

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well we were knows as Bosnjani,Bosniaks of course

That's a regional name. Same as Croatian Slavonians, Dalmatians, Istrians right?
    but Croat=Tribe, Bosnian=/=Tribe. I asked to what tribe, ethnicity, did this bogumil population belong to.

Anonymous

Definition: A Bogomil was a member of a heretical sect that originated in Bulgaria in the tenth century. The sect was evidently named after its founder, the priest Bogomil.

Bogomilism was dualistic in nature — that is, its followers believed that both good and evil forces created the universe. Bogomils believed that the material world was created by the devil, and they therefore condemned all activities that brought mankind into close contact with matter, including eating meat, drinking wine, and marriage. Bogomils were noted and even praised by their enemies for their austerity, but their rejection of the entire organization of the Orthodox Church made them heretics, and they were therefore sought out for conversion and, in some cases, persecution.

Bogomilism spread over much of the Byzantine Empire during the 11th and 12th centuries. Its popularity in Constantinople resulted in the imprisonment of many prominent Bogomils and the burning of their leader, Basil, in about 1100. The heresy continued to spread, until by the early 13th century there was a network of Bogomils and followers of similar philosophies, including Paulicians and Cathari, that stretched from the Black Sea to the Atlantic Ocean.

In the 13th and 14th centuries, several delegations of Franciscan missionaries were sent to convert heretics in the Balkans, including Bogomils; those they failed to convert were expelled from the region. Still Bogomilism remained strong in Bulgaria until the 15th century, when the Ottomans conquered parts of southeastern Europe and the sects began to dissipate. Remnants of dualistic practices can be found in the folklore of southern Slavs, but little else remains of the once-powerful sect.
    Examples:
    Followers of the Bogomil philosophy believed the universe was created by both good and evil forces.
    The Bogomils may have been the connecting link between heretical sects of the East and the West.
    Bogomilism included Dualistic tenets.
    http://historymedren.about.com/od/bterms/g/bogomil.htm

Anonymous

Bosniaks are Slavic, if don't invoke Alláh…

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well once they were under ottoman rule,the Vatican could not harm them ,but probably they were not as organized,no strong church etc

OK, I got your point. So, I don't want to bother you with another questions too much, however here's my last one as I don't know much about Bosniaks as such.. What was the ethnic background of Bogomils? I mean, was there any tribe/s that is mentioned in historical records before Christianization? I'm interested in the ancestors of Bosniaks in the Pagan times (as I don't really give a damn about Christianity nor I.slam).

Anonymous

of course  :D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Bosniaks are Slavic, if don't invoke Alláh…

I love your logic, therefore I conclude 90% of Slavs arent rly Slavs as they invoke Jesus who is in fact …. J.EW. Fun times …

Anonymous

I guess so.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Bosniaks’ is closed to new replies.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Drizzt
  • Shnickstara89
  • Petko (the pet store)
  • ☭Lil Commie☭
  • ▽eurus▽