Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 145 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Quote:
    1. there is no "Ottoman" Sunni Islam, only Sunni Islam. No member was banned because he is a muslim, you just read improperly. Read again. Or do not read. As you want.
    2. He did so, indeed and I disagreed but he is not extremist. You have no right to criticise him for that as you do worse.
    3. I will not list anything, you have it here in this thread. It is public. Secondly, Ottoman empire was as "evil" as feudal Hungary or Byzantine empire  ::) Now you cannot deny centuries of history that did leave trace on people just because it was Ottoman rule. People and their culture evolve and this was evolution, whether you want it or not. You cannot just "return" in time! Vast majority of Bosnians are currently muslim and their culture was influenced by Islam.

Vast majority of Bosnians is muslim and Slavic (religious + ethnolinguistic affiliation) and their culture is Islamic and Slavic (religious + ethnic source of culture). One does not deny another. It is simple.

1. There is Sunni Islam that is of the Ottoman school of thought or culture. As you know Muslims have Imams rather than a patriarch or pontifex that spread the "truth". If I read improperly tell me what did you mean with "He was banned because some Muslim did something sometime ago and because you think Islam is incompatible with being Slavic"

2. If he shares an extremist point of view he is an extremist, doesn't matter how childish one does find him. What did I do worse, again quote before provoking.

3. Do list because I am interested what is, you are trying to achieve here, till now it's just nonsense blabbering. This is a Slavic forum (Slavorum …preserving Slavic heritage), not Ottoman heritage. Bosniaks are Slavs, at least that is what they say they are, it is fine for me as long as they embrace and share their Slavic heritage. I am not interested in their religion whatsoever.

The majority of Bosnians are Christian and Slavic (53%), the BosniAKS are Muslim and Slavic (47%), a grave difference. There are a lot of conflicts considering the national identity of the Bosniaks, but for this a different topic should be opened and it should be opened by a Bosniak.

Anonymous

He was banned because some Muslim did something sometime ago and because you think Islam is incompatible with being Slavic

I did not write this

Now you are wrong when you practically claim one religion to be incompatible with being Slavic. On what grounds? Because some muslim some years ago did something?
    Now the worst thing is that you actually banned an user solely on these grounds.

But this. Different meaning.

Orthodoxy is of Byzantine origin. Byzantine heritage? No.
    And if yes, Byzantine empire was good and Ottomans were bad? That is only in fairytales.

nah I won't argue it is pointless

Anonymous
    Quote:

He was banned because some Muslim did something sometime ago and because you think Islam is incompatible with being Slavic

I did not write this

Now you are wrong when you practically claim one religion to be incompatible with being Slavic. On what grounds? Because some muslim some years ago did something?
    Now the worst thing is that you actually banned an user solely on these grounds.

But this. Different meaning.

Orthodoxy is of Byzantine origin. Byzantine heritage? No.
    And if yes, Byzantine empire was good and Ottomans were bad? That is only in fairytales.

nah I won't argue it is pointless

Cannot see what is different in:

[li]Now you are wrong when you practically claim one religion to be incompatible with being Slavic. On what grounds? Because some muslim some years ago did something? Now the worst thing is that you actually banned an user solely on these grounds.

and

[/li]

[li]He was banned because some Muslim did something sometime ago and because you think Islam is incompatible with being Slavic.[/li]

Please do explain.
    [hr]

There is a difference between the Byzantine Empire and the Ottoman Empire. At least for Serbia and Bulgaria there is. The Bulgarian and later the Serbian Empire were successor states of the Byzantine Empire. We were not conquered by the Byzantines, we conquered the Byzantines. Yes modern Christianity is of Roman heritage and semitic roots, after 1054 CE the Latin's started calling the Christians, Orthodox and their own version of new Christianity, Catholicism. Serbs however were baptised as Christians long before the schism, not as Orthodox nor Catholics, because in that time those were non-existent.

Please people read about the matters you would like to discuss before engaging any discussion.

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka
    Quote:
    But with this logic, Perun, you must prohibit posting that is more oriented towards any other (non-pagan) religion and subsequently delete that "religion" section or how it is called. Because it is more religion-oriented than Slavic-oriented, too.
    And make this forum strictly secular.
    But that would be wrong because many Slavs are very religious and religion is closely tied with our folk culture and vice versa. So any deeper discussion about folk culture, or architecture or whatever would inevitably come to religious aspect (holidays, churches…) of our culture.
    Ban Lubomir because he wrote that agnosticism is cowardness? Wrong.

Now the worst thing is that you actually banned an user solely on these grounds. Konzervativac is no islamic extremist.
    Ban Lubomir because he wrote that agnosticism is cowardness?
    Double meters much?

Religion does not define an ethnicity, a Slav can be a muslim as much as a christian or an atheist. You cannot have a condition of "be no muslim" in order to be Slavic. Because you are mixing apples and pears.

We were trying to be reasonable

Who we? Konzervativac had some reasonable arguments; boutica, jovica, krstjanin went in absolutely wrong direction. You did not really participate.

Don't be a smart ass Zrkadlo. What i said is final, if you don't like it you know where the doors are.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    god, muslim s*** make me sick

You know what makes me sick? Idiots who insult beautiful Slavic children like the ones in this thread.

Anonymous

[table]
    [tr]
    [td][img height=150]http://oi50.tinypic.com/2sakygz.jpg” />[/td]
    [td][img height=150]http://i50.tinypic.com/2z3nqj4.jpg” />[/td]
    [td][img height=150]http://i48.tinypic.com/20hokqt.jpg” />[/td]
    [td][img height=150]http://i47.tinypic.com/xfc19v.jpg” />[/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]

Anonymous

Cute!!  ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    First of all, calm down, ok? We want to have peaceful discussions here.

Secondly.. oh please!  ::)  I'm sick of this blond/blueeyed-percentage game. +60%? Neither you believe it in fact…  ::)

Question since you've travelled, what percentage of light eyes-blue,green,gray would you say from your observation does each of the following Slavic countries have if you havent been to one omit it :
    1. Belarus
    2. Bosnia
    3. Bulgaria
    4. Croatia
    5. Czech Repbulic
    4. Macedonia
    5. Montenegro
    7. Poland
    8. Russia
    9. Serbia
    10. Slovakia
    11. Slovenia
    12. Ukraine

Anonymous

Honestly estimating such numbers while only being a tourist will do nothing but add more incorrect figures to this conversation. Just my take on that question.

Anonymous

+60% of light eyes you only find in DEEP rural mountain areas where the German and Hun Muslims settled during the Ottoman retreat from central Europe. While in cities those hill billys are source of so many inbreed jokes ;D

But really it creeps the living sh*t out of me to see so many "repeating faces" in a village of 300-500 people.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    They are far less agressive than other ex-yugoslavians including us slovenians.

For me it is the other way around.

Quote:
    In slovenia they are one of few foreign people who assimilate well into Slovenian society.

That can't be. A Crota or Serb would fit better in slovene society. The closer the religion and culture the better the integration. That is a scientifical fact.

Quote:
    They are just as Slavic as Russians, Poles, Belarus, etc. Sure they are ******s but that dosent mean anything. They are ****** slavs in their bosnian homeland. What about, Gorani, Pomaks, Torbeš and Bulgarian ******s? They are Musllim slavs as well and they have many slavic traditions.

No, it would be ridiculous to say that Bosniaks are as slavic as Russians, Poles etc. They have the most oriental music, the most oriental clothing, they are the most turkophiles etc.

It is nothing more than political correctness to claim that they are as slavic as the other Slavs.

It is a fact that Islam does preserve less original culture than Christianity does. Look for example at the word "god".. Slavs call him bog, boh, bůh, bóg etc. But Bosniaks say "allah". Same as all muslim nations.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    For me it is the other way around.
    That can't be. A Crota or Serb would fit better in slovene society. The closer the religion and culture the better the integration. That is a scientifical fact.
    No, it would be ridiculous to say that Bosniaks are as slavic as Russians, Poles etc. They have the most oriental music, the most oriental clothing, they are the most turkophiles etc.

It is nothing more than political correctness to claim that they are as slavic as the other Slavs.

It is a fact that ***** does preserve less original culture than Christianity does. Look for example at the word "god".. Slavs call him bog, boh, bůh, bóg etc. But Bosniaks say "allah". Same as all ****** nations.

I am talking about Bosniak immigrants in SLO. But it might b that Bosniaks here have bigger share of atheists. In any case one of my mates is ****** Bosniak. :D Generally they behave well.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    +60% of light eyes you only find in DEEP rural mountain areas where the German and Hun ******s settled during the Ottoman retreat from central Europe. While in cities those hill billys are source of so many inbreed jokes ;D

But really it creeps the living sh*t out of me to see so many "repeating faces" in a village of 300-500 people.

Why Germans and Hungarians whose genetic influence wasn't important at all, it's more logical that light eyes are a Slavic Heritage.
    Remember Bosnia is I2a1b + R1a heavy.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Honestly estimating such numbers while only being a tourist will do nothing but add more incorrect figures to this conversation. Just my take on that question.

Exactly

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Why Germans and Hungarians whose genetic influence wasn't important at all, it's more logical that light eyes are a Slavic Heritage.
    Remember Bosnia is I2a1b + R1a heavy.

And Y chromosome have absolutley nothing to do with colour of eyes. In that case, Kongo and India would be land of blonds.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 145 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • 'las
  • Fia
  • Родни Никотин ☭
  • Australian Santa
  • Yung Slav
  • kony97