• This topic has 7 voices and 13 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

http://www.dubrovniknet.hr – Drama u hotelu HILTON Imperial

"Six female tourists from Great Britain ordered a meal in Hilton hotel in Dubrovnik and then five fled, the hotel staff managed to catch the last one. After that police was called in and girls were made to pay. They even didn't file charges against them, although they should have."

Crème de la crème ;D

Anonymous

Typical… I wouldn't be surprised if the title says: British tourists in Bratislava.

I don't even know what to say more…  ::)

Anonymous

LuDi EnGlEzI ExIt 2008

Proud English nationals enjoying Serbian mud. ;D

Anonymous

When I was in Croatia, store owners would only address me in Croatian or Czech until I opened my mouth.  Englishmen are pretty obvious due to their foreign facial features and the fact they ltend to travel in large groups and blabber out loud in public.  Even sometimes I was following Englishmen around and they would talk about me in the third person about a 'mean looking Croat' following them.  ::)

Can't say the English have left me with a good impression, I've travelled with them on vacation for four years since you cannot escape them.

Anonymous

Well, since I used to work in hotels during summer I can confirm that the rudest customers are definitely the Brits :D Uppity, treat you like s**** and leave you no tips.

Well, there is actually another nationality whose turists are considered equally rude (By some Croats, at least), however I won't speak of it since the nationality in question is Slavic :D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well, since I used to work in hotels during summer I can confirm that the rudest customers are definitely the Brits :D Uppity, treat you like s**** and leave you no tips.

Well, there is actually another nationality whose turists are considered equally rude (By some Croats, at least), however I won't speak of it since the nationality in question is Slavic :D

Does it start with a "C" ? ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:

From my humble observing during the years i'd say this:

Best tourists: Germans, Americans, Canadians and Japanese.

Worst tourists: British, Australians and some 3rd world countries.

Germans, Americans, Canadians and Japanese all tend to be eager to learn about the country they visit. They are peaceful, well mannered and come into countries with respect while Brits and Australians are just lmao, just watch those two videos above.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    From my humble observing during the years i'd say this:

Worst tourists: British, Australians and some 3rd world countries.

Germans, Americans, Canadians and Japanese all tend to be eager to learn about the country they visit. They are peaceful, well mannered and come into countries with respect while Brits and Australians are just lmao, just watch those two videos above.

Tourists from the third world?  Unless you meant the Chinese, but those Chinese likely come from the more developed area of China.  Maybe in Croatia, but in the west most of them often don't have any intention to return home and got in through an expired student or tourist visa.  ;D 

IIRC, there is an issue in Sweden with the sons of rich Arabs who go there with intent to sleep with a blonde woman, although that often doesn't work according to plan – so they either sleep with a prostitute or commit date / drug rape.  Arabs are not too particularly bright, as they hadn't caught on to the fact that Estonians and Finns are blonder than Swedes and their money would go further there (although in Estonia, there's probably the potential to end up in a body bag).

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Does it start with a "C" ? ;D

C as in Czech? Well, not really. Even if they were't loved by Croats, this would be largely oveshadowed by their reputation of getting drowned in every imaginable way. Seriously now, be it in sea, in pool, or in rivers. I've even heard a case of them getting infected from a brain-eating amoeba while swimming in an unsterilized pool :S Truly sad things to hear…

But no, it's not the Czechs I was refering to  ;D

Quote:

Absolutely true about Germans. They are the best customers one could wish for. Polite, friendly, and always interested in local customs while not keeping their nose in the air while speaking to you (a trait not shared by their Anglo-Saxon relatives). + They will eat putrid fish and not complain about it  ;D (And pay good money for it, too).

And that is the reason why they get the best treatment :P

As for the Japanese, I met only a handful however they left an extremely positive impression (hell, even more so than Germans).

Regarding the worst tourists, well Brits hold a place of honor there. I once actually knew a Brit living here (owned an apartment). One day as he was walking down the street a note (more smtn like a letter actually) fell from his pocket, I picked it up and took a quick peek at it.

He wrote something like "Oh my God people here are so ****ing poor I could buy them all up"  ::)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    C as in Czech? Well, not really. Even if they were't loved by Croats, this would be largely oveshadowed by their reputation of getting drowned in every imaginable way. Seriously now, be it in sea, in pool, or in rivers. I've even heard a case of them getting infected from a brain-eating amoeba while swimming in an unsterilized pool :S Truly sad things to hear…

I guess.. it starts with R then :D

Well there is a reason why I love mountains and hiking and every time I swim for long time, or I'm canoing, im like "oh.. solid ground.. I promise I will never leave you again"

Anonymous
    Quote:

Absolutely true about Germans. They are the best customers one could wish for. Polite, friendly, and always interested in local customs while not keeping their nose in the air while speaking to you (a trait not shared by their Anglo-Saxon relatives). + They will eat putrid fish and not complain about it  ;D (And pay good money for it, too).

And that is the reason why they get the best treatment :P

As for the Japanese, I met only a handful however they left an extremely positive impression (hell, even more so than Germans).

Regarding the worst tourists, well Brits hold a place of honor there. I once actually knew a Brit living here (owned an apartment). One day as he was walking down the street a note (more smtn like a letter actually) fell from his pocket, I picked it up and took a quick peek at it.

He wrote something like "Oh my God people here are so ****ing poor I could buy them all up"  ::)

Carling Black Label sunbeds

This clip would beg to differ!  Although leave it to the group regarded as the worst tourist to bash the best, hah.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I guess.. it starts with R then :D

;D

Quote:
    This clip would beg to differ!  Although leave it to the group regarded as the worst tourist to bash the best, hah.

lol. This is so Brit style.

Hm it seems they do not stop at bashing Slavs, Germans are too fair game to be ridiculed by the superior Anglo :P

Anonymous
    Quote:
    ;D

lol. This is so Brit style.

Hm it seems they do not stop at bashing Slavs, Germans are too fair game to be ridiculed by the superior Anglo :P

Actually before the Poles came in the 2000's, the few Germans in Britain in 1980s and 1990s were treated the sameway as them.  British are just a very Chauvinist people (although they often hide behind a facade of multiculturalism)

Anonymous

I dont know  for you  but this summer I met some British in Split, they were really ok but nevertheless I agree that there are some who are really ignorant, a lot of people are telling that.

when I was in Split this year I have noticed that there are not much traditional tourist who were going to the Adria in the past years (I mean Germans, Czechs, Italians) and instead of them there are a lot people from France, South America and Britain, a German you could hardly find. I wonder what happened to them.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.