• This topic has 78 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by  Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Some are obvious, the others are not. Which countries are very similar cultural and demogrpahic wise? Here's a few that I know.

Slovakia/Czech Republic
    Slovenia/Croatia
    Austria/Switzerland
    UK/Ireland
    Australia/New Zealand
    USA/Canada
    Estonia/Latvia
    Sweden/Denmark
    Japan/North Korea

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Estonia/Latvia
    Sweden/Denmark
    Japan/North Korea

I'd say Latvia and Lithuania rather than Estonia and Latvia.

Sweden and Denmark + Norway maybe?

Japan and N. Korea? Why?

Anonymous

Estonia and Finland?

Anonymous

Serbia and Russia (altought mostly culturaly).

Anonymous

I think this topic should be only about brother/sister countries of Slavs. No need to discuss Norwegians, French, Colonials or someone third ;D

Thought for the sake of it Mordid, wouldn't South Korea and Japan be grouped together? While China and NorthKorea would be other group?

As for us and Slovenes, there are many similarities yeah.

Anonymous

Bosnia/Serbia/Croatia/Montenegro

Anonymous

India/Sri Lanka
    Argentine/Paraguay/Uruguay
    Iceland/Greenland
    Iceland/Faroe Islands

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Japan and N. Korea? Why?

The only they have in common is history.

Anonymous

Anonymous
    Quote:

Yeah, i forgot that.

Anonymous

current imaginations of polish-hungarian brotherhood are result of nominalist positivism.
    hungarian-polish relations were always mediated by "hungarians" living in northern hungary – slovaks. in past, all citizens of hungary (=nobles, priests, bureaucrats, townsfolk) were hungarians. it was political affiliation, not ethnic. but nominalist positivism makes ethnic hungarians out of political hungarians, because "name is the same" (=nominalist positivism).
    this nominalist positivism is a common plague among slovak, hungarian historians, and i see also among polish ones too….

Anonymous
    Quote:
    current imaginations of polish-hungarian brotherhood are result of nominalist positivism.
    hungarian-polish relations were always mediated by "hungarians" living in northern hungary – slovaks. in past, all citizens of hungary (=nobles, priests, bureaucrats, townsfolk) were hungarians. it was political affiliation, not ethnic. but nominalist positivism makes ethnic hungarians out of political hungarians, because "name is the same" (=nominalist positivism).
    this nominalist positivism is a common plague among slovak, hungarian historians, and i see also among polish ones too….

Your opinion about the Polish-Hungarian friendship is always welcome.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Some are obvious, the others are not. Which countries are very similar cultural and demogrpahic wise? Here's a few that I know.

Slovakia/Czech Republic
    Slovenia/Croatia
    Austria/Switzerland
    UK/Ireland
    Australia/New Zealand
    USA/Canada
    Estonia/Latvia
    Sweden/Denmark
    Japan/North Korea

I tend to agree about Croatia (but with emphasis on the NW part of Cro, which resembles Slo significantly more than other parts of the country).

Something else should probably be noted though – Slovenia/Croatia have some major border disputes. So there is some general tension between the people, and truth be told that a lot of people from each of the two countries consider the other rather an enemy than a brother nation, sadly. I'm just pointing this out since Slovenia/Croatia seem to be an exception of your list in this aspect, as the relations of other brother/sister countries you listed seem to be on more friendly, civilised terms. Other than perhaps Ireland/UK.

Anonymous

Namibia and South Africa.
    Azerbaijan and Turkey.
    Moldova and Romania?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Your opinion about the Polish-Hungarian friendship is always welcome.

You can also add Lithuania/Poland due to being a part of the Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth for over three centuries.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

8 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Oliver (TW BLOCK)
  • Glockamole
  • ca$hbunni
  • Fia
  • Tujev
  • Lucifer Morningstar