• This topic has 10 voices and 51 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

The period is remarkable for its characteristic architecture which can still be observed in old Bulgarian towns such as Tryavna, Koprivshtitsa and Veliko Tarnovo, the rich literary heritage of authors like Ivan Vazov and Hristo Botev that inspired the Bulgarian struggle for independence and an autonomous church,and the April Uprising, a significant event of armed opposition to Ottoman rule, which ultimately led to the Russo-Turkish Liberation War of 1877-78. The significant changes in the Bulgarian society, the freedom of economic initiative and religious choice led to the formation of the Bulgarian nation in its ethnic borders and common territory embracing the lands of Moesia (including Dobruja), Thrace and Macedonia.

Melnik:

Ohrid:

[img width=525 height=700]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5099/5543131911_4d79752b78_b.jpg”/>

[img width=700 height=358]http://s2.pticica.com/foto/0001028261_l_0_j53fxp.jpg”/>

Anonymous

I see Bulgaria is a wonderful place for me :D

Anonymous

That is Macedonia.

Anonymous

Melnik (Bulgarian: Мелник, Greek: Μελένικο, Meleniko) is a town in Blagoevgrad Province, southwestern Bulgaria, in the southwestern Pirin Mountains, about 440 m above sea level. The town is an architectural reserve and 96 of its buildings are cultural monuments. With a population of 385, it is the smallest town in Bulgaria, retaining its city status today for historical reasons.

It seems it is Bulgaria.

Anonymous

You need to be specific on these issues, we are talking about balkans. :D
    Macedonia is in the name of the topic and the last pics from the post are from Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    You need to be specific on these issues, we are talking about balkans. :D
    Macedonia is in the name of the topic and the last pics from the post are from Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia.

The thread is about revival architecture in the geographical region of Macedonia. I think I clarified it when I posted the map above.

Anonymous

Well, 1st are from Bulgaria. Anyway, so both of them, Macedonia and Bulgaria are nice for me :]

I've seen only "Melnik" name, so I thought all of them are from there. Just skipped "Ohrid". ;)

Peace ^_^

Anonymous

@Trayko

It does not matter, I am referring to the fact that Macedonia is not Bulgaria. You can call it whatever but our Polish friend Pan has to visit Macedonian Republic if he wants to visit most places and scenery from your post. Cheers. 

Anonymous
    Quote:
    @Trayko

It does not matter, I am referring to the fact that Macedonia is not Bulgaria. You can call it whatever but our Polish friend Pan has to visit Macedonian Republic if he wants to visit most places and scenery from your post. Cheers. 

Excuse me but the revival architecture in Ohrid is not Macedonian but Bulgarian. What part of that do you not understand?

Anonymous

It may be ethnically Bulgarian ( I dont want to argue about ethnicity) but it is located in Macedonia, this is what I told to Pan in my first post in this topic. He said that Bulgaria is wonderful place for him and I said that it is Macedonia. 

Anonymous
    Quote:
    It may be ethnically Bulgarian ( I dont want to argue about ethnicity) but it is located in Macedonia, this is what I told to Pan in my first post in this topic. He said that Bulgaria is wonderful place for him and I said that it is Macedonia.

As an interesting detail I feel obliged to say, that "Pan" in Polish means "Mister" in English. ;)

Guuuuys. Chill out.

Anonymous

I wrote Pan since I cannot type the other part of your forum nickname. :D

Anyways, nobody is arguing, we are just discussing some details. :D

Anonymous

Moderator edit
    [hr]
    * No attacks against other Slavic nationalities.

Anonymous

I would rather say that Yugoslavia gave them security which is important since Serbian chauvinists (not SErbs in general) saw them as southern Serbs and their eastern neighbors saw them as mentally sick as you proved in your post. Whatever your opinion might be, Macedonians are reality and Slavic brothers. They are Slavs who took ancient Macedonian name to describe their identity, they have their state and language ( maybe dialect but specific speech nevertheless). I am supporting both Bulgarians and Macedonians and wish for your two nations to find peace and a way to resist destructive ideologies of greater Turkey, Albania and Greece.

Anonymous

Macedonia or not, you have aboslutely the same architecture in Bulgaria.

[img width=700 height=525]http://istina.blog.bg/photos/52584/original/Vyzr_%20kyshta%20Haskovo.JPG” />

[img width=700 height=523]http://media.snimka.bg/images/001039708-big.jpg” />

[img width=700 height=525]http://kosnos.com/2008/issue22/old_plovdiv11.jpg” />

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

13 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Piachu
  • Nexius
  • Glockamole
  • kony97
  • slovborg
  • Lucifer Morningstar