• This topic has 12 voices and 17 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I've seen a lot of times Bulgarians talking about their Tharacian roots as well.

So in reality is there any actual historical proofs of Bulgarians having any connections with Tharacians or is this just political manipulation of history etc?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I've seen a lot of times Bulgarians talking about their Tharacian roots as well.

So in reality is there any actual historical proofs of Bulgarians having any connections with Tharacians or is this just political manipulation of history etc?

Same as we and Illyrians-Thracians, they were there, then Romans came, conquered them, made Romans out of them, then Goths came, then some other people came, and then Slavs came.

Anonymous

As far as i know a little  bulgarians today have thracian genetic.
    Bulgarian ethnic group is formed by:slavs,bulgars and thracians . They are also clues  that we have scythian and ostgothic roots

So the Formation  of bulgarian ethnic group is , just like from Rus came the russians,belarussians and ukranians :)

Anonymous

There are some Thracian remnants in Bulgarian culture, which (I assume) stems from the time of the Odrysian kingdom. The Kukeri are known to be of Thracian origin, and some think the Nestinari fire dancers also have same origins.

In addition, there is a substantial number of toponyms.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    There are some Thracian remnants in Bulgarian culture, which (I assume) stems from the time of the Odrysian kingdom. The Kukeri are known to be of Thracian origin, and some think the Nestinari fire dancers also have same origins.

In addition, there is a substantial number of toponyms.

Yes    but i think that the modern day costumes are bulgar style . But i am not sure of that

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Yes    but i think that the modern day costumes are bulgar style . But i am not sure of that

Are you referring to the Kukeri? Yeah, they might be.

They remind me of our Kurenti a little.

[table]
    [tr]
    [td][img width=300 height=200]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5n1ihccQz1rqjj0ko8_500.jpg” />
    Kukeri[/td]
    [td][img width=300 height=200]http://www2.arnes.si/~dsavli/slike/kurent1.jpg” />
    Kurenti[/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]

Anonymous

Anonymous
    Quote:
    is this just political manipulation of history etc?

It's not a political manipulaton because noone is seriously claiming thracian heritage. It's more like an internet fad. All we have left from the Thracians is a tomb and a bunch of buried drinking utensils. Great cultural heritage to pass on. For all we know they might've stolen the treasure from somewhere else.
    Also, looking for legitimacy in the past is idiocy. We already have enough "антички педери".

Anonymous

All the nations in europe have roots from the people who inhabited their lands before their linguocultural ancestors settled in there.

Czech slavs assimilated people of germanic origins when they were settled in the modern CR.

Russians and Ukrainians assimilated vikings and Finnic peoples

Croatians assimilated Dalmatians and Venetians etc.

So Bulgarians can not be the exception.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    It's not a political manipulaton because noone is seriously claiming thracian heritage. It's more like an internet fad. All we have left from the Thracians is a tomb and a bunch of buried drinking utensils. Great cultural heritage to pass on. For all we know they might've stolen the treasure from somewhere else.
    Also, looking for legitimacy in the past is idiocy. We already have enough "антички педери".

Exactly, except for the homo reference ;D. Claiming thracian cultural heritage seems silly.

Anonymous

We are partly bulgarians, slavs and thracians. So yes, we are thracians too. These nations were of indo-european ancestry, so it's a pointless delimitation (according to me:)). The thracian cultural heritage is ours by right, but our history has been written by foreigners. The reason is purely political as always! It was the fear that we'll get back Aegean Thrace and eastern Thrace, which were in the hands of greeks and turks.

Anonymous

Why stop with the Thracians though? How about the Pelasgians, who were a non IE people who lived here before the Greeks?
    Think about the perks:
    1. Little is known about them, so you can claim anything and get away with it, like for example that they spoke modern Bulgarian.
    2. You get to propose hilarious etymologies for toponyms all over the place.
    3. You can refer to any of our neighboring countries as "Occupied <N/E/S/W> Pelasgia". Well probably not eastern.
    4. You can tell the newcomers from said countries to pack up and go back to Asia, becase pelasgian liberation is coming.

Anonymous
    Quote:

They got it the same way as we got Illyrian, Roman, Avar, Saxon and Gothic blood.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Why stop with the Thracians though? How about the Pelasgians, who were a non IE people who lived here before the Greeks?
    Think about the perks:
    1. Little is known about them, so you can claim anything and get away with it, like for example that they spoke modern Bulgarian.
    2. You get to propose hilarious etymologies for toponyms all over the place.
    3. You can refer to any of our neighboring countries as "Occupied <N/E/S/W> Pelasgia". Well probably not eastern.
    4. You can tell the newcomers from said countries to pack up and go back to Asia, becase pelasgian liberation is coming.

I believe Albanians claim Pelasgian descent also, and consider Pelasgian-Illyiran-Albanian as a continuim….go figure….

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I believe Albanians claim Pelasgian descent also, and consider Pelasgian-Illyiran-Albanian as a continuim….go figure….

I never said it would be original :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

11 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Piachu
  • slovborg
  • kony97
  • CivilixXXX
  • Glockamole
  • jorgos