• This topic has 12 voices and 17 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #344272

    Anonymous

    I've seen a lot of times Bulgarians talking about their Tharacian roots as well.

    image

    So in reality is there any actual historical proofs of Bulgarians having any connections with Tharacians or is this just political manipulation of history etc?

    #398497

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    I've seen a lot of times Bulgarians talking about their Tharacian roots as well.

    So in reality is there any actual historical proofs of Bulgarians having any connections with Tharacians or is this just political manipulation of history etc?

    Same as we and Illyrians-Thracians, they were there, then Romans came, conquered them, made Romans out of them, then Goths came, then some other people came, and then Slavs came.

    #398498

    Anonymous

    As far as i know a little  bulgarians today have thracian genetic.
    Bulgarian ethnic group is formed by:slavs,bulgars and thracians . They are also clues  that we have scythian and ostgothic roots

    So the Formation  of bulgarian ethnic group is , just like from Rus came the russians,belarussians and ukranians :)

    #398499

    Anonymous

    There are some Thracian remnants in Bulgarian culture, which (I assume) stems from the time of the Odrysian kingdom. The Kukeri are known to be of Thracian origin, and some think the Nestinari fire dancers also have same origins.

    In addition, there is a substantial number of toponyms.

    #398500

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    There are some Thracian remnants in Bulgarian culture, which (I assume) stems from the time of the Odrysian kingdom. The Kukeri are known to be of Thracian origin, and some think the Nestinari fire dancers also have same origins.

    In addition, there is a substantial number of toponyms.

    Yes    but i think that the modern day costumes are bulgar style . But i am not sure of that

    #398501

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Yes    but i think that the modern day costumes are bulgar style . But i am not sure of that

    Are you referring to the Kukeri? Yeah, they might be.

    They remind me of our Kurenti a little.

    [table]
    [tr]
    [td][img width=300 height=200]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5n1ihccQz1rqjj0ko8_500.jpg” />
    Kukeri[/td]
    [td][img width=300 height=200]http://www2.arnes.si/~dsavli/slike/kurent1.jpg” />
    Kurenti[/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]

    #398502

    Anonymous
    #398503

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    is this just political manipulation of history etc?

    It's not a political manipulaton because noone is seriously claiming thracian heritage. It's more like an internet fad. All we have left from the Thracians is a tomb and a bunch of buried drinking utensils. Great cultural heritage to pass on. For all we know they might've stolen the treasure from somewhere else.
    Also, looking for legitimacy in the past is idiocy. We already have enough "антички педери".

    #398504

    Anonymous

    All the nations in europe have roots from the people who inhabited their lands before their linguocultural ancestors settled in there.

    Czech slavs assimilated people of germanic origins when they were settled in the modern CR.

    Russians and Ukrainians assimilated vikings and Finnic peoples

    Croatians assimilated Dalmatians and Venetians etc.

    So Bulgarians can not be the exception.

    #398505

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    It's not a political manipulaton because noone is seriously claiming thracian heritage. It's more like an internet fad. All we have left from the Thracians is a tomb and a bunch of buried drinking utensils. Great cultural heritage to pass on. For all we know they might've stolen the treasure from somewhere else.
    Also, looking for legitimacy in the past is idiocy. We already have enough "антички педери".

    Exactly, except for the homo reference ;D. Claiming thracian cultural heritage seems silly.

    #398506

    Anonymous

    We are partly bulgarians, slavs and thracians. So yes, we are thracians too. These nations were of indo-european ancestry, so it's a pointless delimitation (according to me:)). The thracian cultural heritage is ours by right, but our history has been written by foreigners. The reason is purely political as always! It was the fear that we'll get back Aegean Thrace and eastern Thrace, which were in the hands of greeks and turks.

    #398507

    Anonymous

    Why stop with the Thracians though? How about the Pelasgians, who were a non IE people who lived here before the Greeks?
    Think about the perks:
    1. Little is known about them, so you can claim anything and get away with it, like for example that they spoke modern Bulgarian.
    2. You get to propose hilarious etymologies for toponyms all over the place.
    3. You can refer to any of our neighboring countries as "Occupied <N/E/S/W> Pelasgia". Well probably not eastern.
    4. You can tell the newcomers from said countries to pack up and go back to Asia, becase pelasgian liberation is coming.

    #398508

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    I've seen a lot of times Bulgarians talking about their Tharacian roots as well.

    image

    So in reality is there any actual historical proofs of Bulgarians having any connections with Tharacians or is this just political manipulation of history etc?

    They got it the same way as we got Illyrian, Roman, Avar, Saxon and Gothic blood.

    #398509

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Why stop with the Thracians though? How about the Pelasgians, who were a non IE people who lived here before the Greeks?
    Think about the perks:
    1. Little is known about them, so you can claim anything and get away with it, like for example that they spoke modern Bulgarian.
    2. You get to propose hilarious etymologies for toponyms all over the place.
    3. You can refer to any of our neighboring countries as "Occupied <N/E/S/W> Pelasgia". Well probably not eastern.
    4. You can tell the newcomers from said countries to pack up and go back to Asia, becase pelasgian liberation is coming.

    I believe Albanians claim Pelasgian descent also, and consider Pelasgian-Illyiran-Albanian as a continuim….go figure….

    #398510

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    I believe Albanians claim Pelasgian descent also, and consider Pelasgian-Illyiran-Albanian as a continuim….go figure….

    I never said it would be original :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

11 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Piachu
  • slovborg
  • kony97
  • CivilixXXX
  • Glockamole
  • jorgos