• This topic has 14 voices and 55 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

@Gvarda Of course it doesn’t make a language. But you just said Serbs invented the word ‘što’, no they didn’t. Nor did Croatians steal that word from them. Just like we didn’t steal ‘kaj’ from slovenians. And of course that some words are different, every region has some different words or archaisms, it just the way languages work, they develop differently according to the people and outside influences. I live in Banija region, we still use some phrases of slavic origin that are no longer in use in other parts of Croatia, does that mean that nobody else could understand them? NO, IT DOESN’T.

Anonymous

@Gvarda so you are saying that “Serbophone Croats” is your idea, or conclusion maybe?

Anonymous

Why not Slovakian? Or Slavonian? All Slavic…

Anonymous

P.S. @SkandaloznaSkroz nice pic :D 

Anonymous

@KnezIvan haha thanks Kneže, *blushing* :D

Anonymous

@KnezIvan An observation you could say.

Anonymous

I don’t get the Slovakian or Slavonian question.Please elaborate.

Anonymous

Both of names came out from general name of Slavs; Slavonia, Slovenia etc. Land populated with Slavs.
    “If we know that Slovenian is just another way of saying Slavic,then one could indeed say that kajkavski is a dialect of Slovenian.”
    Kajkavski or štokavski or any othe can be part of Slavonian. Following your logic… @Gvarda 

Anonymous

Both are Slavic dialects,so I see no problem with that..

Anonymous

@Gvarda ti si sam sebi kontradiktoran. popij kavu, možda ti pomogne.

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

Cakavian is the only original and authentic Croatian dialect. As far as i know Burgenland Croats that were expelled from Croatia during Ottoman siege all today speak Cakavian dialect. Stokavization came later due to SHS and second Yugoslavia. 

Anonymous

@SkandaloznaSkroz  Sorry,I work long hours and get pretty tired..

Anonymous

In any case čakavski is a dialect of Croatian language,unlike the Serbian štokavski.In my humble opinion it should replace the Serbian in entire southern Croatia,but unfortunately that’s just wishful thinking.

Anonymous

@Gvarda hehehe Štokavian is more older then Serbs in BiH and Dalmatia. Once again, give me some proof.
    @Perun Čakavian is the oldest, but not the only one Croatian dialect. During that time you mentioned, Serbian version of Štokavian dialect was forced in Croatian public and educational  life. For me, the Čakavian is the best. My ancestors used that dialect. Today i`m speaking some kind of mixture of Štokavian and Čakavian, due to the school education and other circumstances. But i´m not the guy who is going to denied the existance of other dialects. To denied them means to deny part of Croatian culture. 
    In my humble opinion, i think that @Gvarda have problem with people who speak Croatian version of Štokavian, rather then with dialect itself… 

Anonymous

@KnezIvan That may be true since the Serbophone Croats tend to be the rudest and most disimissive of other dialects due to their inability to understand them and unwillingness to learn them.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • LCaine
  • ☭Lil Commie☭
  • Drizzt
  • Petko (the pet store)
  • Shnickstara89