• This topic has 5 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I dislike the way Europe is always involved in Middle Eastern politics. It is only a source of trouble for Europe. There is no need to constantly be interfering in the conflicts there. More harm can come than anything good. For example, the Western support for Israel is not something I understand. In my view Europe should stay outside Middle Eastern politics. It should not support Israel or any other party in the region. Also it should not even support Iran. Simply the best solution is to stay outside Middle Eastern politics. All Western soldiers and military bases should be taken out of the region. If there is a problem there or event, it would also be best not to issue a statement. For example if there are protests or uprisings in an Arab country then the West should not offer its opinion.

Is it possible?

Anonymous

I don't think Europe should be apathetic towards the Middle East. Europeans should be supporting Palestine, Syria and Iran against ******* aggression. Complete indifference would mean that Israel, as the biggest military power in the region, can do whatever it pleases.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I don't think Europe should be apathetic towards the Middle East. Europeans should be supporting Palestine, Syria and Iran against ******* aggression. Complete indifference would mean that Israel, as the biggest military power in the region, can do whatever it pleases.

Yes Europe is not China or Japan, it does not have the luxury of geographic distance to be completely apathetic. I suppose that in general there must be some involvement. However in my view Iran and Syria and other countries which are allowed to be independent and strong, providing NATO do not keep invading them, are very capable of countering Zionist aggression. There is no need to get involved in fights between countries like Iran and Iraq during the 1980s. Also if there is a competition for influence between two Islamic countries how would Europe know which one to support without creating anti-European feeling there?

Anonymous

I also think we should stop interfering in their politics but there are big things in the game. Many of which are in the big interest of the capital.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    There is no need to get involved in fights between countries like Iran and Iraq during the 1980s. Also if there is a competition for influence between two *****ic countries how would Europe know which one to support without creating anti-European feeling there?

I agree in principal, however, Europe could also act as a mediator in such cases.

Anonymous

Europe, North America and Australia need to stop being dependent on M.E. oil.  They need to stop Islamic fundamentalism out and stop kissing Israel's ass.  The M.E. is only important due to oil, get rid of that tie and there is no need to meddle. 

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I also think we should stop interfering in their politics but there are big things in the game. Many of which are in the big interest of the capital.

Yes but some of those games are too big to be of any use.

Quote:
    I agree in principal, however, Europe could also act as a mediator in such cases.

It may be possible. So long as we are not doing Neo-Conservative crusades for a certain country there or any other stupidity.

Quote:
    Europe, North America and Australia need to stop being dependent on M.E. oil.  They need to stop *****ic fundamentalism out and stop kissing Israel's ass.  The M.E. is only important due to oil, get rid of that tie and there is no need to meddle. 

Yes, one of the major problems are the excessively close ties to Israel at the expense of good relations with other countries. America would solve many problems for themselves if they would stay in the American continent.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    It may be possible. So long as we are not doing Neo-Conservative crusades for a certain country there or any other stupidity.

Exactly. As I said, in the case of conflicts like Iran-Iraq, we should aim to reconcile the sides. They need to realize that by going at each other, they are only playing into the hands of those who want to see both of them dead. They need to be convinced that they are on the same side really and ultimately also on the same side as us. Same goes for us of course. We need to let go of all our internal squabbels, as difficult as it might be (and I'm making not a single exception here, neither for Romanians nor Russians, heck, not even Anglos :D), and focus on the real enemy.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Exactly. As I said, in the case of conflicts like Iran-Iraq, we should aim to reconcile the sides. They need to realize that by going at each other, they are only playing into the hands of those who want to see both of them dead. They need to be convinced that they are on the same side really and ultimately also on the same side as us. Same goes for us of course. We need to let go of all our internal squabbels, as difficult as it might be (and I'm making not a single exception here, neither for Romanians nor Russians, heck, not even Anglos :D), and focus on the real enemy.

The ironic part is that Israel sold weapons to Iraq during the war with Iran.  The USA pressured the UN to under report Iraqi use of chemical weapons and play up the Iranian use of them.  Top it off with the fact  that during the 1st Gulf war, the Kuwaitis were drinking in Cairo and Germany while others fought for their country. 

I'm so sick of the US/British idea of forming the Anglo-Saxon global police force.  Each nation has a right to govern themselves without meddling and as long as they don't threaten others, mind our own business. 

We complain that Russia and China are using their Veto power in the UN Security Council, while we use the same to protect Israel while they oppress the West Bank Palestinians. 

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I dislike the way Europe is always involved in Middle Eastern politics. It is only a source of trouble for Europe. There is no need to constantly be interfering in the conflicts there. More harm can come than anything good. For example, the Western support for Israel is not something I understand. In my view Europe should stay outside Middle Eastern politics. It should not support Israel or any other party in the region. Also it should not even support Iran. Simply the best solution is to stay outside Middle Eastern politics. All Western soldiers and military bases should be taken out of the region. If there is a problem there or event, it would also be best not to issue a statement. For example if there are protests or uprisings in an Arab country then the West should not offer its opinion.

Is it possible?

What is this "Europe" you are speaking of? I don't know of any "Europe" as a political entity, much less a foreign policy.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    What is this "Europe" you are speaking of? I don't know of any "Europe" as a political entity, much less a foreign policy.

It is up to you, if there is no Europe then this is fine. However I have my own opinions on what my country should do. My belief is that Europe is a distinct entity and should follow the same course.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • kony97
  • Yung Slav
  • 'las
  • Fia
  • Родни Никотин ☭
  • Drizzt