• This topic has 6 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

"Ne znam gde da krenem sad"

I don't know where to begin

I'm confused about "sad", what does it mean?  Can you use it in another sentence as an example please?

"ne mogu jer dao sam ti sve!"

I can't ??? I gave you everything

What does "jer" mean?  Again, please use it in another sentence. 

"Ne dam da slomi me to sto dalje cu sam, sto ne volis me …"

I won't let it break me ???, that you do not love me

What does "sto dalje cu sam" mean? 

"Ima bezbroj zena prelepih na ovom svetu, kao proklet ja za tobom glavu bas izgubio!"

There are countless beautiful women on this earth, how cursed I am that I lost my head for you

What exactly does "bas" mean?  And when to use it?

"K'o da nikad vise ja nijednu necu ljubiti, bas tako sam te ljubio!?"

Can you show me a few examples of how/when to use "cu" and "necu"?

Thanks! 

btw, these are lyrics from a song by a singer my bf knows. 

Milos Djordjevic – Srce u Led (2012) HD

Anonymous
    Quote:
    "Ne znam gde da krenem sad"

I don't know where to begin

I'm confused about "sad", what does it mean?  Can you use it in another sentence as an example please?

"ne mogu jer dao sam ti sve!"

I can't ??? I gave you everything

What does "jer" mean?  Again, please use it in another sentence. 

"Ne dam da slomi me to sto dalje cu sam, sto ne volis me …"

I won't let it break me ???, that you do not love me

What does "sto dalje cu sam" mean? 

"Ima bezbroj zena prelepih na ovom svetu, kao proklet ja za tobom glavu bas izgubio!"

There are countless beautiful women on this earth, how cursed I am that I lost my head for you

What exactly does "bas" mean?  And when to use it?

"K'o da nikad vise ja nijednu necu ljubiti, bas tako sam te ljubio!?"

Can you show me a few examples of how/when to use "cu" and "necu"?

Thanks! 

btw, these are lyrics from a song by a singer my bf knows. 

Milos Djordjevic – Srce u Led (2012) HD

Ne znam gde da krenem sad = I don't know where to head/turn/go now    sad=now

ne mogu jer dao sam ti sve = I can't because I gave you everything            jer=because

ne dam da slomi me to što dalje ću sam, što ne voliš me = I won't let break me, that I have to continue by myself, that you don't love me

Ima brezbroj žena prelepih na ovom svetu, kao proklet ja za tobom glavu sam izgubio = there are countless beautiful women in this world, but like cursed I've lost my head for you.

I can't really explain baš, it's like really in baš užasno/really terrible or so …

kao da nikad više nijednu neću ljubiti, baš tako sam te ljubio = like I will never more love a single one, that's how I loved you?

ću is like "will" and neću like "will not"

I hope I was helpful, Serbian members shall say more. :)

Anonymous

Great job Štajerc .=)
    I must correct just one line :
    kao da nikad više nijednu neću ljubiti, baš tako sam te ljubio = like I will never more love kiss a single one, that's how I loved was kissing you

Љубити means to kiss in our language, only in some archaic song you may find it with the old meaning – to love

You will surely encounter word сада somewhere, it is the same thing as сад – meaning сейчас.
    Баш – really, very, indeed, quite…

As for future time markers – ћу is indeed буду and нећу is  не буду but you need to be careful with нећу
    Our language makes future 1.  from "hteti" + infinitiv but it needed later to make voluntary "hoću" and "neću" to differ from future I.  Today that "contrast" can be seen the best in negation. For example – нећу доћи means "I won't come", but нећу да дођем means "i don't want to come".

Ја ћу – Я буду
    Ти ћеш – Ты будеш
    Он ће –  Он будет

Ми ћемо – Мы будем
    Ви ћете – Вы будете
    Они ће – Они будут

Ја нећу – Я не буду
    Ти ћеш – Ты не будеш
    Он неће –  Он не будет

Ми нећемо – Мы не будем
    Ви нећете – Вы не будете
    Они неће – Они не будут

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Great job Štajerc .=)
    I must correct just one line :
    kao da nikad više nijednu neću ljubiti, baš tako sam te ljubio = like I will never more love kiss a single one, that's how I loved was kissing you

Yes, of course, I apologize! Now that you said, I actually know that, but in that very moment I confused it, becaused here this word means to love …

Anonymous

Thank you all for the great explanations!

Anonymous

Ljubiti can mean to love or to kiss depending on how its used.

Anonymous

Я должен что-то исправить: Ти ћеш нећеш – Ты не будеш =)

Извини за эту ошибку, Варя.  :)

Anonymous

Ингва, just a slight note about Russian verb conjugation – 2 person singular in настоящее and будущее always ends in мягкий знак. I.e. it's будешь in this case. It doesn't affect the pronounciation (Russian doesn't have a "soft" ш other than щ), but the established orthography of standard Russian requires the yer to be written.  :)

Anonymous

Thank you, Mratinjak. I know that but I was typing with serbian C. keyboard and pasting additional Russian letters from some other text xD (Don'e ask me why because  I don't know xD) Just like I missed to write down "нећеш" at one place I forgot myahkij znak on that place.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Thank you, Mratinjak. I know that but I was typing with serbian C. keyboard and pasting additional Russian letters from some other text xD (Don'e ask me why because  I don't know xD) Just like I missed to write down "нећеш" at one place I forgot myahkij znak on that place.

Ah, I see.  :) I do that sometimes as well, I have over 9000 keyboards installed and especially when I write in my beloved Bulgarian romanisation system from the 70's that nobody else seems to use, I often find copypasting letters faster than constantly switching between Croatian (for čžš) and Romanian (for ă).  ;D

Anonymous

I use only one Latin keyboard with the Compose key, and I can write almost every accent found in Latin alphabet: áāàäăåȧâæþðəţ€ãßčťç¿ø… :D

That's also why I use ŭ and ĭ instead of hard and soft yers.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I use only one Latin keyboard with the Compose key, and I can write almost every accent found in Latin alphabet: áāàäăåȧâæþðəţ€ãßčťç¿ø… :D

That's also why I use ŭ and ĭ instead of hard and soft yers.

Hmm, I never knew about that thingy, thanks. I definitely have to try it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.