• This topic has 8 voices and 27 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

What do you guys think about this? It would never succeed in the u.s. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o081wqsny7w

Anonymous

these girls are looking for sponsors, this guy provides…

Anonymous

@Dušan this must be a common mentality for ukrainians. I went on a walk with a ukrainian friend of mine two days ago, she randomly invited me. She even told me, her parents sent her to study in vienna so that she would meet a wealthy austrian guy. For us americans this kind of behavior seems primitive, I mean I know all around the world girls go after rich men, but to raise your children with the idea that they have to grow up and marry a rich man…we cant stand that kind of stuff in the u.s. How is it in yalls country? Ive never encountered this kind of attitude in slovakia, maybe @”Kapitán Denis” can clarify this for me?

Anonymous

I don’t think this kind of thinking exist among significant number of women here. Of course there are sponzorušas (sponzoruša-gold digger, from sponzor), but they are usually easily detected.

Anonymous

@srdceleva  

I went on a walk with a ukrainian friend of mine two days ago, she randomly invited me.

Meanwhile, your latest pic you posted on Gram three days ago:

Ive never encountered this kind of attitude in slovakia, maybe@Kapitán Denis can clarify this for me?

It’s uncommon. Even if there are some golddiggers, they weren’t explicitly raised like that.

https://youtu.be/vUXzn-xTeA0
    Well, it’s on-topic.

Anonymous

@srdceleva

both golddiggers and naive girls in search of a better fortune outside of their homeland exist in many cultures. it’s not a ‘ukrainian’ thing, though that’s the stereotype, much like russian ‘natashas’ in turkey. you went for a walk with a ukrainian woman and made a generalization about all ukrainian women based on that and what, a youtube video? wow. just wow

Anonymous

@saltycola trust me I know not all ukrainian girls are like that. obviously the girl I know isnt like that as she doesnt plan on finding a rich austrian man lol. However, I do think there is a mentality that exists in Russia and Ukraine which encourages this kind of behavior. I dont blame the families when you are poor and you see your daughter is very beautiful, but I dont like that kind of behavior where ever it is found. Also dont be so defensive, im a fan of the Ukraine and Ukrainians, i just dont buy a lot of the propoganda against russia all the time. 

Anonymous

@”Kapitán Denis” yea man thats pretty much like all my pics on instagram  :D

Anonymous

@srdceleva

if you have to know I have a Russian passport and still haven’t switched it for a Ukrainian one
    I’ve lived there long enough to be immune to propaganda and know heaps about the mentality
    which doesn’t make me immune, say, to the tragedy in Kemerovo
    or to the fact that my father lives there and keeps repeating the bullshit about fascist banderas who want to destroy everyone who speaks Russian
    or to the fact that’s where my mother is buried or many of my friends cannot leave despite the deteriorating economy and social situation because they have old parents who refuse to leave

I also have friends who fought in Donbass and saw who exactly is fighting against them, so I’ve no illusions about the myth of a civil war, as well as friends in Crimea who were forced to flee when the alleged majority participated in the ‘referendum’
    my sources don’t come from the media, I’m simply torn between two countries
    my husband is involved in the reforms so he gets to see a lot too
    so it’s your choice to see whatever I write as propaganda,
    but I can’t help repeating it’s not

as for the mentality you’re speaking of, it’s a post-Soviet thing that started in the 80’s when any foreigner was considered rich and better off than you
    which isn’t very surprising as in the nineties shitty canned ham from China that kids received as humanitarian aid in schools was considered a delicacy
    and many Russian/Ukrainian men of relevant generations were raised by mothers traumatized by WWII (surely you know the stats of Soviet losses) when any sort of man in the family was a treasure, even a complete sociopath, abuser and egoist
    so yeah, practically any foreigner seemed like a way out of hell
    I don’t know why they’re doing it now and I am not aware of a subculture of the sorts, sounds like stereotypes to me
    much like, say, the Chinese wife as a fetish in the Silicone valley
    but it’s not about mentality
    it’s about poor education and historical trauma
    no propaganda involved

Anonymous

@saltycola I appreciate your point of view, and I know you understand the situation way better than me. Im not trying to say that. However, I can only base judgments from my actual life experience. Was the referendum completely bogus in crimea? I met a guy from Crimea at a party once here in Vienna. He told me most people were happy to go back to russia, but that he didnt care either way, and still likes ukrainians. So when someone from there tells me that, then why should I not believe it? 

Also I hear stuff coming from some ukrainains (like the one I went on a walk with) saying things like  Ukrainian is closer to polish than it is to Russian, and that Russian isnt even an east slavic language because its closer to bulgarian. This isnt a joke. 

As far as ukrainian independence goes Im all for it, and supportive of ukraine. 

Anonymous

@srdceleva 

Also I hear stuff coming from some ukrainains (like the one I went on a walk with) saying things like  Ukrainian is closer to polish than it is to Russian, and that Russian isnt even an east slavic language because its closer to bulgarian.

People say a lot of things. They’re often affected by their views and emotions. They might even tell you God doesn’t exist. :D

Anonymous

If I married a Chinese man Mr. Kim, my name would be Kim Kim. NO THANK YOU.  :D Plus I’m too tall for Chinese men. I could carry a Chinese man in my pocket. “How’s it going in my pocket, Mr. Kim?”

Anonymous

@Karpivna 
    I’d like to see you carrying Yao Ming in your pocket.

Anonymous

@”Kapitán Denis” Yao Ming is an exception.  :D  

Average Height Chinese Men: China (PRC) 164.8 cm (5′ 4.9″)

Anonymous

@”Kapitán Denis” that is an insane picture, but I know what @Karpivna is saying. Ive never met an east asian girl that made me want to marry her. 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.