• This topic has 3 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Anonymous

What is the purpose of this thread according to you? This video was already posted in History of Poland in short movies thread. Are you familar with the language they sing? What 'baba yetu' means?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    What is the purpose of this thread according to you? This video was already posted in History of Poland in short movies thread. Are you familar with the language they sing? What 'baba yetu' means?

I didn't know it was already posted. My apologies. The music is the intro music to a popular video game called Civilization IV which I used to play a lot. I was browsing youtube and thought this was well done for Poland :).  Baba Yetu is Swahili or some African language for 'Our Father.'  It's a good beat but the words don't interest me much :P.

Anonymous

I just thought I'd share what I found Prelja.  If you want to move it or delete it that's fine. I didn't know this existed in another thread.

Anonymous

The video was exclusivly made on the occasion of Polish participation in EXPO 2010 in Shanghai. It has nothing to do with Civilization IV video game. Thanks for sharing, but it is some kind of misunderstanding.

Anonymous

Prelja, he is offending people of Poland with African music in Polish themed video  😮

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Prelja, he is offending people of Poland with African music in Polish themed video  😮

I am not sure about this. Why do Africans call Poland 'baba yetu'? I would be obliged if Xekoslav translates the lyrics  :D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I am not sure about this. Why do Africans call Poland 'baba yetu'? I would be obliged if Xekoslav translates the lyrics  :D

No no , the theme was taken from Civilization IV

See this :

Civilization 4 Music: Baba Yetu (Title Theme) HD Animated Background

The lyrics is the 'our father' prayer ( 'Oce nas '  I don't know how to say it in Polish). They used the beat from Civilization IV and it's engine to make that Polish Video.

Anonymous
    Quote:

baba je tu – grandma is here(or perhaps 'father is here')  ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    No no , the theme was taken from Civilization IV

See this :

Civilization 4 Music: Baba Yetu (Title Theme) HD Animated Background

The lyrics is the 'our father' prayer ( 'Oce nas '  I don't know how to say it in Polish). They used the beat from Civilization IV and it's engine to make that Polish Video.

Oh, I didn't know it was a 'Ojcze nasz' prayer. The compilation is unusual, but now it makes sense :)

Anonymous

Kind of reminded me of:
    [img width=434 height=700]http://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q71/s720x720/64495_10152006644865910_973776825_n.jpg” />

Sorry for off-topic 

Anonymous
    Quote:
    baba je tu – grandma is here(or perhaps 'father is here')  ;D

;D

Apparently African people remember that baba was a goddess  :D

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.