• This topic has 7 voices and 24 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Thread bout comp problems.;

I have great problem, my computer had windows system32 config system brakedown. I had to repair it. Once i repaired it, it turned out stuff dosen't work properly. Normally i wouldn't care with this i would smply reinstall windiows and basta, if it weren't for a fact i have much of cool picture, music, etc. data collected on comp. The thing is this data is still on comp but damn i can't copy it on USB or any other program. I dunno how is this possible, i click copy and paste but nothing happens. :'(

Anonymous

You didn't save your data at external disk?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    You didn't save your data at external disk?

I dunno what you mean? I didn't save data anywhere else becouse i didn't expect system32 problem. Additionally no i don't have external disk.

Anonymous

my problem is even worse. pc was in "sleep" state and suddenly something exploded. with fires, smoke, everything  ;D i think it was dust in powersource, but am not sure. i too have some cool things in our pc. fortunately i got laptop, but still there are lots of things in my pc. + if i get mood for playing pc games, laptop cant really run most of newer games (weak videocard).

Anonymous

I aked my brother. His message for you:

Reinstall your PC without formating the disc. It keeps all old files and saves it in folder windows.old … Program files, documents etc.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    my problem is even worse. pc was in "sleep" state and suddenly something exploded. with fires, smoke, everything  ;D

LÜL Comp problems with side effects. ;D

Quote:
    I aked my brother. His message for you:

Thanks. Is he "computerist" sorry dunno how it's called. In any case how he means reinstal PC. Dose he mean in a sense to; reinstall windows? :-

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Thanks. Is he "computerist" sorry dunno how it's called. In any case how he means reinstal PC. Dose he mean in a sense to; reinstall windows? :-

Nah, his younger as me and he's in 8th grade. But he's genius when it comes to computers. Though at history he sucks >.<
    I asked him again ^^ And yes. Reinstall Windows, but DON'T formate the disk. That's his message. Also I think just for sure move your things from desktop to local disk.

Anonymous

Ok. Wth 8th grader! 😮 How much is he reliable? XD :D Btw i normally don't keep stuff on deskop. :) For now i am thinking about this two possible methods; http://www.techtipsgeek.com/re-install-windows-by-formatting-computer-without-losing-data/4710/

Anonymous
    Quote:
    How much is he reliable?

Very much. He already repaired my laptop, family computer, uncle's laptop, and as I know, also some PCs of some his classmates.

Quote:
    For now i am thinking about this two possible methods;

Of course you can use these methods, if you don't believe my brother, he won't know you didn't use his advice anyway :D My personal opinion is that first one sounds much better >.< I don't trust blue screen of death. But that first one is actually the same what Maťo told me to tell you O_o Reinstalling without formating the disk.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Of course you can use these methods, if you don't believe my brother, he won't know you didn't use his advice anyway :D My personal opinion is that first one sounds much better >.< I don't trust blue screen of death. But that first one is actually the same what Maťo told me to tell you O_o Reinstalling without formating the disk.

Great. I like adventurers so much…. I'll chose blue screen of death just for the thrill. ;D Ok i am joking but i had to face blue and black screen for windows32 system so i am ready to do whatever is neccesary for data to surivive. :D Thanks for advice anyway regradless what i will decide to do. :)

Anonymous

Hello, dokudoki's brother have right, re-installing windows without formatting is best way to save your photos and files. Method with repairing system through installation tool is worthless in win xp or 7. But there is another way: use cd-live linux distro to copy your data on usb key or burn it on cd/dvd. Kubuntu for example has interface friendly to windows user and this is not as difficult as you might think.

Anonymous

I see I was later as you fixed your problem. Next time make at least 2 hard drive partitions – one for data and another for Windows files, also make it a habit of creating back-up's  ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I see I was later as you fixed your problem. Next time make at least 2 hard drive partitions – one for data and another for Windows files, also make it a habit of creating back-up's  ;D

Actually i have not gotten in to that buissness yet. I am terrbly lazy. So what's your suggestion? :D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Actually i have not gotten in to that buissness yet. I am terrbly lazy. So what's your suggestion? :D

As far as I understood  its Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt
    C:windowssystem32configsystem
    message you get, right?

I assume you have Windows 7, so some of these steps will solve it:
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/219533-troubleshooting-windows-7-failure-boot.html

Anonymous
    Quote:
    As far as I understood  its Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt
    C:windowssystem32configsystem
    message you get, right?

I assume you have Windows 7, so some of these steps will solve it:
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/219533-troubleshooting-windows-7-failure-boot.html

I have Windows XP, i guess i missunderstood you that problem i already fixed. Problem is some things aren't as they should be and i can't copy stuff. :(

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

4 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Fia
  • Tujev
  • 'las
  • kony97