• This topic has 7 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

How did this idea develop? In Siberia they call it their motherland but Russians are not native to this area and the Russian identity was not formed there. So what are the rules of using this term? After how many generations do a people call their land by this term?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    How did this idea develop? In Siberia they call it their motherland but Russians are not native to this area and the Russian identity was not formed there. So what are the rules of using this term? After how many generations do a people call their land by this term?

There are no rules or formulas.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Motherlands necessarily doesn't mean psychical thing as "land" or "soil" but rather as a creation, a state. Motherland for a Russian is where Russian state exists in those words same as Germans in ww2 called their expanded Germany a fatherland even thought much of the land was neither originally theirs and belong to other nations.

This is a statue of "The Motherland Calls" in Volgograd (famous Stalingrad)

Anonymous
    Quote:

She is magnificent. I like this statue better the statue of Liberty in NY.

Anonymous

In Siberia most people call all Russia "Big homeland / Fatherland " and their state "little homeland", if we're not talking about Siberian separatists :D  The terms "native" "non-native" are relative, at least we're not native generally for foreigners and rare kinds of latent asian chauvinists. Asians didn't live here all times. Russian people and many generations of their parents were born here and built this country. I'm not very good at abstract philosophy, so I can not explain the concept in the spirit of Kant or Aristotle ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    There are no rules or formulas.

It seems like it. It is a man made concept so there is no rule.

Quote:
    Motherlands necessarily doesn't mean psychical thing as "land" or "soil" but rather as a creation, a state. Motherland for a Russian is where Russian state exists in those words same as Germans in ww2 called their expanded Germany a fatherland even thought much of the land was neither originally theirs and belong to other nations.

I see. But even if the Russian state ceases to exist I am sure Russians will still call that region their motherland.

Quote:
    In Siberia most people call all Russia "Big homeland / Fatherland " and their state "little homeland", if we're not talking about Siberian separatists :D  The terms "native" "non-native" are relative, at least we're not native generally for foreigners and rare kinds of latent asian chauvinists. Asians didn't live here all times. Russian people and many generations of their parents were born here and built this country. I'm not very good at abstract philosophy, so I can not explain the concept in the spirit of Kant or Aristotle ;D

So all of those Yakuts, Nenets, Khanty, Chukchi and others are not natives?

Are these Siberian separatists Russians or mainly Asians?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    So all of those Yakuts, Nenets, Khanty, Chukchi and others are not natives?

Maybe eskimo people and chukchi are native residents, different turkic and mongolian tribes came not long time before Russians. In my region Andronova people and Scythians lived before asians, so we're more native ;D  However the amount of asian natives was much smaller than population of Amerindinas in the U.S. or Canada. Try to say to yankes that they're not natives ;)

Are these Siberian sepаrаtists Russians or mainly Asians?

Mainly Asians. But such views exist among local Slavs also.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    … Try to say to yankes that they're not natives ;)

Believe it or not, after two generations of state policy NWO mandates in education, many Yankees are thoroughly brainwashed apologists, and do not refer to themselves as "native." They have been taught that "native" is almost a sacred word that only  "native americans" can use, and we can look glassy eye'd at them in admiration. It is pathetic  :P

Until 1960 "American" meant white people of European ancestry who were proud that they had escaped the constant wars of their homeland. (They didn't miss too many of them, actually).  But since then, its meaning has become nothing but a cesspool for a 3rd world dumping ground. Why did we become such wimps? I don't get it … :-

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Believe it or not…

Looks like I'm behind the times ;D Thanks for the info.

Anonymous

Why only in Siberia, Motherland? :) In the area where I live ( Samara, near Volga river) peole call all the land of Russia "Motherland" in Russian "Россия- Матушка/Родина-Мать" or Fatherland – "Отечество". These words are the same for me.

Anonymous

Za mene je matična zemlja ona iz koje su moji preci nekoć došli, u mom primjeru dakle područje Bjeloruskog Polesja, jugoistočne Poljske i sjeverozapadne Ukrajine.

For me motherland is the one from which my ancestors camed about thousand and something years ago, in my case that ia area of belarussian Polesie, south east Poland and north west Ukraine.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

11 User(s) Online Join Server
  • CivilixXXX
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Piachu
  • slovborg
  • kony97
  • Jan Pat II