• This topic has 7 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #343412

    Anonymous

    [img width=700 height=466]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2510/3831622939_dcb3da065f_o.jpg”/>

    If we should come to think of what is behind the economical success of the West, it is definitely the free market based primarily on ship transportation.
    The biggest western cities are harbors like Rotterdam, Hamburg, New York, Savannah, San Diego. Even chinesse economy depends on ship transportation. Since slavic countries have mainly continental character they should support their trade income by modern high-speed and high-load railways which are more suitable for inland market and massively start doing bussines with South-east Asia by trains. What do you think?

    #384648

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    [img width=700 height=466]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2510/3831622939_dcb3da065f_o.jpg” />

    If we should come to think of what is behind the economical success of the West, it is definitely the free market based primarily on ship transportation.
    The biggest western cities are harbors like Rotterdam, Hamburg, New York, Savannah, San Diego. Even chinesse economy depends on ship transportation. Since slavic countries have mainly continental character they should support their trade income by modern high-speed and high-load railways which are more suitable for inland market and massively start doing bussines with South-east Asia by trains. What do you think?

    Mate what you just said was an oxymoron

    But I agree we should concentrate more on our rail transport because most Slavic nations don't have any major port cities on par with New York or Rotterdam. It's cheaper and the fuel is not a problem in most cases

    #384649

    Anonymous

    I agree improving our railroad system is important. However Lubo unlike Slovakia some of us have ports too and they are important! :P :D

    image

    #384650

    Anonymous

    free market did not bring the west prosperity
    Capitalism does not work

    #384651

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    free market did not bring the west prosperity

    All markets are regulated. Some more, some less. There is no such thing as a free market.  Think of tariffs , levy and other forms protectionism.  There are different economy models. Some models work better than other.

    #384652

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    All markets are regulated. Some more, some less. There is no such thing as a free market.  Think of tariffs , levy and other forms protectionism.  There are different economy models. Some models work better than other.

    I was meant to say Capitalism did not bring the west prosperity
    Capitalism does not work

    #384653

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    I was meant to say Capitalism did not bring the west prosperity
    Capitalism does not work

    And yet nowadays people can afford more material goods than ever before. This goes in line with what my grandparents told me. They say that these days we young generation have to much goods and they also can afford more than during previous regime. Keep in mind that my grandparents pension belongs to the bottom level for SLO situation since they were small farmers. Problem of west however isn't prosperity but values.

    #384654

    Anonymous

    the west had more free market and is prosperous. however, there is no capitalism in west, maybe in u. s. but its dying there. what you see in greece, spain, italy, portugal, france is (another) crisis of socialism.

    #384655

    Anonymous

    Prosperity of the west depends on the control of the sea trade routes. That is the reason why we need our own trade routes on the land.
    Foundation of American dominance

    #384656

    Anonymous

    The prosperity in the west is limited to consumer goods and that's about it – it's more a propersity of technological innovation than greater wealth in the strictest sense.

    After all – Rome was known for its' bread and circuses and yet the ordinary people lost the right to own property and agricultural lands (which were soon concentrated in the hands of a few wealthy people).

    It's not any different in the West – our Grandparent's generation could easily buy their own apartment or house.  Nowadays, it's a 20 year investment and sometimes 40-50 years to buy a house.  In Eastern Europe, the apartment / condo the families received from the state (for essentially free) now can cost a quarter million (especially if its in a city centre) which is compared to the monthly wage in countries like Ukraine which is only a couple hundred or a thousand dollars a month for an ordinary people.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

10 User(s) Online Join Server
  • AcousticHLeon
  • Lyutenitsa Retriever
  • AphexTwin
  • Russ
  • ca$hbunni
  • Lucifer Morningstar