• This topic has 6 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Ukrainian software developer, GSC Game World, made this game called Cossacks: European Wars approximately 10 years ago. It has since had 2 expansion packs and at least one sequel.

http://cossacks.heavengames.com/

The player can play as one of 16 European states, with Poland, Russia and Ukraine representing Slavs. The game was more successful in Europe, kind of a given there, than in the US despite the US's huge games market.

My favorite thing to do is in skirmish mode: getting a ton of Polish Winged Hussars to storm through a Prussian city. Heh.

Anonymous

Damn, seems like I have to get this game.

Anonymous

It is pretty cool. I got it the last time I was in Poland. It was an edition with the first game and its two expansion packs on one disc. Look for it in the bargain bin or old games section at an electronics store. Or simply online.

Anonymous

If you have time, maybe we can play it online? – I play it from 8 years and it's boring to play it again against computer enemy, even against 8 enemies – it's too predictable than play against another player.

Anonymous

I remember playing this years ago :D damn the memories, I always loved playing as Ukraine, because I liked how their buildings looked like and Poland, because winged hussars were the most epic cavalrymen ever .. uh I have to get this game now :D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Ukrainian software developer, GSC Game World, made this game called Cossacks: European Wars approximately 10 years ago. It has since had 2 expansion packs and at least one sequel.

http://cossacks.heavengames.com/

The player can play as one of 16 European states, with Poland, Russia and Ukraine representing Slavs. The game was more successful in Europe, kind of a given there, than in the US despite the US's huge games market.

My favorite thing to do is in skirmish mode: getting a ton of Polish Winged Hussars to storm through a Prussian city. Heh.

Very fun game, I used to mass Polish hussars also, but when playing online I would get beat easily because Prussian cavalry can be made very quickly and could be massed.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Very fun game, I used to mass Polish hussars also, but when playing online I would get beat easily because Prussian cavalry can be made very quickly and could be massed.

It seems that both our old Husarz and this new one are MIA.  :(

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Oliver (TW BLOCK)
  • jorgos
  • TypowaPolskaKobieta
  • Jyxia
  • Piachu
  • Tujev