• This topic has 13 voices and 32 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

According to recent CIA fertility rate analysis, the total population of Slavic nations will fall to only 1/3 of current levels in approximately 100 years. That is;

Population Slavic Nations (2010): 274,720,000

Population Slavic Nations (2110):  92,155,000

This is a demographic crash of enormous proportions with serious implications for future cultural, ethnic and economic well being.

Why are Slavs not having babies?

What can be done to reverse this trend?

[For those who like numbers, the data and analysis are posted in a companion thread: http://www.slavorum.com/index.php/topic,3056.0.html ]

Anonymous
    Quote:

What can be done to reverse this trend?

In my area we have lots of kids! Problem? Several things; 1) huge amount of traffic accidents for such a small population, 2) big suicide rates. 3) immigration to more developed states. :-

Anonymous

Highly doubtful.More western nations would decline faster ,in result slavic nations would not want to walk in their footsteps and quickly do something about it.Then again Slavs do migrate to western nations and asimilate….I don't have a clear opinion on this.Slavs are having babies,some just don't want to have many of them because of financial problems ,others just don't want them and some can't have them.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Primary reason; Shit economy.

The best example are Poles, in their native Poland they usually have 1 or 2 kids in urban parts while in UK with better pay judging by stories from what I hear from Anglos they bloody out-breed the Arabs :D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Highly doubtful.More western nations would decline faster ,in result slavic nations would not want to walk in their footsteps and quickly do something about it.Then again Slavs do migrate to western nations and asimilate….I don't have a clear opinion on this.Slavs are having babies,some just don't want to have many of them because of financial problems ,others just don't want them and some can't have them.

Millions have been lost in that sense.  Pittsburgh was historically always known for Rusyn (Ukrainian), Czech and Slovaks, but the latter two groups were completely assimilated into the German-American and Anglo-American community.  The only Slavs who have had any success in preserving their identity in the new world were Poles and Ukrainians, and to a lesser extent some Croats and Serbs, while the rest of Slavs (and Balts) lose their identity outright.  Quite a few Slovenes who migrated to the New World often assimilated into the Italian community, this is rather evident of one of the contestant on the Bachelor who had a Slovene surname but completely identified as Italian (even though supposedly he was only 1/4 Italian or less).

The self hate goes so far that surely there are actual Czech, Slovak, SLoven, et cetera, Americans and Canadians who've completely renounced their heritage and lied to themselves and said they are Anglo or German (it's so pathetic).

others just don't want them and some can't have them.

West Ukraine doesn't have the HiV or Alcholism issue as rest of Ukraine and has a positive birthrate, one of the highest in Europe next to the Irish.  Russia is supposedly having a baby boom but never been to Russia and assume it could just be Chechens and Central Asians spitting out a dozen children thanks to the oil boom in their area.  Although one thing is for sure, I see as heck see more children in Eastern Europe than I've ever seen here in the New World.

It is a matter of affording them for most people, otherwise the culture and commitment is present.  In N. America, money is not an issue for those who have an actual job beyond minimum wage.  Most couples are divorced or can't have functional relationships, due to the media promoting one night stands and "friends with benefits", which essentially destroys all mens and womens' capabilities to have a functionable adult relationship after Highschool / College.

The difference in Eastern Europe I observed, speaking with cousins in Lviv, that most women wanted to be married and have children before 25, something you almost would never hear here.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Primary reason; **** economy.

The best example are Poles, in their native Poland they usually have 1 or 2 kids in urban parts while in UK with better pay judging by stories from what I hear from Anglos they bloody out-breed the Arabs :D

No way, they only have maybe like 3-4 kids which seen as a huge number by Anglos and Westerners, for "white" people at least.  Everyone ignores the 500 pound gorilla refugee who has like a dozen kids.

Anonymous
    Quote:

You know what we should do? We definitely need to get laid. 

Anonymous
    Quote:
    No way, they only have maybe like 3-4 kids which seen as a huge number by Anglos and Westerners, for "white" people at least.  Everyone ignores the 500 pound gorilla refugee who has like a dozen kids.

3 or 4 kids seems reasonable to me, but that is probably is a bit too much for Balkans.

Anonymous

Kanadets 

I think what really hurt Slavic cohesiveness was the destruction of our industrial cities.  This forced people to move all over for jobs and weakened family and cultural unity.  There was also an incredible amount of pressure to americanize.  My cousin is a prime example of a 100% Slav, married to a Slav but names her kids Brant,  Chase and Gavin. She also left the Greek  Catholic faith for Latin Rite.

You are correct about Ukrainians preserving their culture and i respect them for that.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Quite a few Slovenes who migrated to the New World often assimilated into the Italian community, this is rather evident of one of the contestant on the Bachelor who had a Slovene surname but completely identified as Italian (even though supposedly he was only 1/4 Italian or less).

This made me  :-X I'd understand for them to identify as German, but Italian… c'mon this is just low.

While it's true that those of Slovene ancestry in the US tend to identify as something else, it's also true that national awareness in those people arose once Slovenia gained independence in the 90ies. In fact, before the 1990 only 100.000 declared themselves Slovene, while the numbers doubled after 1991 (It's still low compared to the alleged 500.000 US citizens of Slovene ancestry, mind you).

The Cleveland community is AFAIK alive and well, with newspapers, radio programs etc. etc.
    The Slovene community in Latin America is equally strong (and the fact that we have an Argentinian member speaks much of it).

Anonymous
    Quote:
    3 or 4 kids seems reasonable to me, but that is probably is a bit too much for Balkans.

Not for Albanians lol

Anonymous

An industrial society leads to small families.  Kids are more expensive, both parents need to work and women are having kids later in life.  Look at Japan,  they might lose half their population in a century.  Govts are not supportive of people having large families also.  Child care is expensive and jobs are often not family friendly. 

Anonymous
    Quote:
    This made me  :-X I'd understand for them to identify as German, but Italian… c'mon this is just low.

While it's true that those of Slovene ancestry in the US tend to identify as something else, it's also true that national awareness in those people arose once Slovenia gained independence in the 90ies. In fact, before the 1990 only 100.000 declared themselves Slovene, while the numbers doubled after 1991 (It's still low compared to the alleged 500.000 US citizens of Slovene ancestry, mind you).

The Cleveland community is AFAIK alive and well, with newspapers, radio programs etc. etc.
    The Slovene community in Latin America is equally strong (and the fact that we have an Argentinian member speaks much of it).

We should import them here! I am quite sure at least some of them are good industrialists, etc. and ppl like that are needed! :D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Not for Albanians lol

But Albos are all over the world and invest way, WAY more money back into their country compared to Slavic dipsh.its out there who just assimilate.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    But Albos are all over the world and invest way, WAY more money back into their country compared to Slavic dipsh.its out there who just assimilate.

Dralos approves.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.