• This topic has 5 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Just wanted to know how different people control their cravings for unhealthy food, and how they stay motivated?
    I haven't worked out much the past month because of a foot injury, and it's killing me.
    I still do some pull ups and stuff like that, but I can't run, which was the most enjoyable part for me.

How do you guys cope with injuries, cravings, and how do you stay motivated?

Anonymous

If you really want to eath some  unhealthy food, just do it. Have one day and eat all you want. Then you can sty without it for some time again. Stay motivated? Hmmm… Try to brainwash yourself. So you can keep going in a annoying thing. I used to do karate and sometimes I just didn't want to go to trenings. But I kept on going and after a long time it simply wasn't a question of not going. "Path of the Samurai" – Bushido. That's the way of honor of an eastern gentleman. Today, I'm trying to be a western gentleman.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Today, I'm trying to be a western gentleman.

Yeah, aufbiks, čreva na plot….! ;D

Anonymous

It's npt exactly a food but…I'm trying not to consume soft drinks and I think I had my last glass of some carbonated beverage maybe a month, month and a half ago.

Anonymous

For me.. it depends on the food.  When I was working out regularly I was obviously eating better. I didn't have many cravings. Thought as a female, I do get cravings about once a month. Generally a bag of chips, a candy bar, and a soda. All together. Haha. And on the one day once a month I cave. Before having a proper diet and working out regularly, I used to crave dairy products a lot. However, I cut them from my diet and now have an intolerance to them. When I eat or drink a lot of dairy I end up very ill.

However, if you're trying to cut things out of the diet – say sodas, coffee, sweets, etc – you have to be sure you haven't built up some sort of addiction or dependency. I'm trying to cut coffee from my diet again. And I don't drink much. One cup a day which isn't bad since I use minimal sugar and I use soy milk. However, in cutting coffee from my diet again, I'm going thru traditional withdrawal/dependency issues – nausea, moodiness, anxiety. It's all because of caffeine. I would have never thought I had a dependency on it, but the body doesn't lie. So, if you're going to cut things be careful.. fighting off cravings is easier I feel – you just need to monitor what you crave and how often to know whether caving is a good idea or not.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Yeah, aufbiks, čreva na plot….! ;D

No, no aufbikses anymore. Only if someone would chalenge me to step outside I'd try do show him the manners, but only with my back covered – you know, today they have everything in their pockets (nuckle dusters, knifes, pistols, AK47s, 6-pounder cannons, tanks, …). ;D

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.