• This topic has 17 voices and 57 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 115 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

ZAGREB, Croatia (AP) — Croatia, the newest member of the 28-nation European Union, will hold a referendum on whether to allow gay marriages but rights groups say the vote is unconstitutional.

Parliament voted Friday to have a Dec. 1 ballot with the question: "Do you agree that marriage is matrimony between a man and a woman?"

If a majority vote "yes" in the referendum, Croatia's constitution will be amended to ban gay marriages.

Human rights groups have announced an appeal against the referendum, claiming it infringes on basic human rights. An anti-gay group, meanwhile, gathered over 700,000 signatures in support of the vote.

The dispute over gay rights has divided Croatia. The country has taken steps to improve gay rights, but issues such as same-sex marriage remain highly sensitive in the staunchly Catholic nation.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Anonymous

Do not Give them an inch. Do not surrender.

These lobbies like LBGT and their BS about "equal rights" is only used to divide the society believe me.
    France used to be a Catholic nation, now some Catholics are labeled as haters or bigots for stating their view.
    I heard two last most "dangerous" women in France were Catholic females.
    The lobbies and then the people fight over gay marriage instead of real issues like the wars, mass immigration from other continents, etc.

These countries talk about "democracy" but are the same countries who silence opposition because of "hate speech" or something other invented nonsense.
    The options you have in the West often come down to useless or awful.

Call me a conspiracy theorist if you want,
    but they are using divide and conquer.

Keep tradition.

Anonymous

Do not Give them an inch. Do not surrender.

These lobbies like LBGT and their BS about "equal rights" is only used to divide the society believe me.
    France used to be a Catholic nation, now some Catholics are labeled as haters or bigots for stating their view.
    I heard two last most "dangerous" women in France were Catholic females.
    The lobbies and then the people fight over gay marriage instead of real issues like the wars, mass immigration from other continents, etc.

These countries talk about "democracy" but are the same countries who silence opposition because of "hate speech" or something other invented nonsense.
    The options you have in the West often come down to useless or awful.

Call me a conspiracy theorist if you want,
    but they are using divide and conquer.

Keep tradition.

Anonymous

'Marriage' is a religious term, 'civil union' or 'legal partnership' are not on the contrary. It is a personnal matter to me and it should not be a subject to a referendum. I also see nothing wrong with it. (Please, don't kill me for saying this :D)

Anonymous

'Marriage' is a religious term, 'civil union' or 'legal partnership' are not on the contrary. It is a personnal matter to me and it should not be a subject to a referendum. I also see nothing wrong with it. (Please, don't kill me for saying this :D)

Anonymous

Don't kill me, either, but I agree with abv. 

Allowing gay marriage will not stop Catholics from believing that marriage should be between a man and a woman.  It won't stop them from teaching their children such, either.

That's the beauty of a free society: no one will force you to get a gay marriage, be friends with gay people, support gay rallies, etc.  If you don't like it, you are totally free to avoid it.

Avenger does have a point about hate speech, though.  Everyone should be allowed to speak their minds, even if we don't agree with them.

Anonymous

Don't kill me, either, but I agree with abv. 

Allowing gay marriage will not stop Catholics from believing that marriage should be between a man and a woman.  It won't stop them from teaching their children such, either.

That's the beauty of a free society: no one will force you to get a gay marriage, be friends with gay people, support gay rallies, etc.  If you don't like it, you are totally free to avoid it.

Avenger does have a point about hate speech, though.  Everyone should be allowed to speak their minds, even if we don't agree with them.

Anonymous

I'm not sure do you know whole truth-its not just about gays. the Troll Without Neck-who started all of it-"in the constitution should be written that marriage is community between man and woman" says also that straight people without kids are not considered family or marriage ether which assaults many of married people who doesn't want kids, that is why the people will raise against the Trolls referendum- it is catching all human rights to love…not just gays. And also, what is that wrong with gays to adopt children…people do you even know how many unwanted kids there are in Croatia, even if with gays,why some of them wouldn't experience a family life no matter how different would it be. Homophobism is irrelevant on this topic because it struck even straight people. That is the truth they maybe did not want Europeans to see.

Anonymous

I'm not sure do you know whole truth-its not just about gays. the Troll Without Neck-who started all of it-"in the constitution should be written that marriage is community between man and woman" says also that straight people without kids are not considered family or marriage ether which assaults many of married people who doesn't want kids, that is why the people will raise against the Trolls referendum- it is catching all human rights to love…not just gays. And also, what is that wrong with gays to adopt children…people do you even know how many unwanted kids there are in Croatia, even if with gays,why some of them wouldn't experience a family life no matter how different would it be. Homophobism is irrelevant on this topic because it struck even straight people. That is the truth they maybe did not want Europeans to see.

Anonymous

Marriage predates Christianity. Romans had completely civil form of marriage that was defined in law as legal and property transference from one family to another.
    I'm going to vote against the proposition.
    Not because I care if gays get married, but because I really don't like the idea of government, church and certainly not gossiping busybodies telling people "you have to act based on what WE consider moral."
    Croatia is 80%+ catholic. What if next thing they decide to ban is my religion? (rodnovery)
    Should gays get right to church wedding? No. Should they get a right to marry? Honestly, its none of my business. Or church's. Or anyone's but theirs.
    Should they have a right to adopt? Now that we can discuss because it involves another human being, but marriage is between two people, and that's where it should stay.

Anonymous

Marriage predates Christianity. Romans had completely civil form of marriage that was defined in law as legal and property transference from one family to another.
    I'm going to vote against the proposition.
    Not because I care if gays get married, but because I really don't like the idea of government, church and certainly not gossiping busybodies telling people "you have to act based on what WE consider moral."
    Croatia is 80%+ catholic. What if next thing they decide to ban is my religion? (rodnovery)
    Should gays get right to church wedding? No. Should they get a right to marry? Honestly, its none of my business. Or church's. Or anyone's but theirs.
    Should they have a right to adopt? Now that we can discuss because it involves another human being, but marriage is between two people, and that's where it should stay.

Anonymous

Another problem are those "west" countries that recently allowed gay marriages, and now label all others as not democratic enough, discriminative etc. By the same standards we could call USA anti-humans zion due to death penalty.
    As for Croatia, referendum question will be:  "Do you agree that marriage is matrimony between a man and a woman?", so this title is misleading.
    Gays couples will have right for civil union that will not be called marriage, they will have all rights as hetero except adoption.

Anonymous

Another problem are those "west" countries that recently allowed gay marriages, and now label all others as not democratic enough, discriminative etc. By the same standards we could call USA anti-humans zion due to death penalty.
    As for Croatia, referendum question will be:  "Do you agree that marriage is matrimony between a man and a woman?", so this title is misleading.
    Gays couples will have right for civil union that will not be called marriage, they will have all rights as hetero except adoption.

Anonymous

My husband and I are also going to stand against it, although we do not meddle in politics on other voting because no one stands for our rights as religic minority … as for the adoption issue,now i am just being curious, who could be so little of a person to forbid adoption of an unwanted child even to a gay person..something like that could never shake the foundations of a healthy marriage,  but could give a safeness of a home to that child. And of course no christian will tell me if I am or am not properly married, even if having kids is the last thing I want in this world.

Anonymous

My husband and I are also going to stand against it, although we do not meddle in politics on other voting because no one stands for our rights as religic minority … as for the adoption issue,now i am just being curious, who could be so little of a person to forbid adoption of an unwanted child even to a gay person..something like that could never shake the foundations of a healthy marriage,  but could give a safeness of a home to that child. And of course no christian will tell me if I am or am not properly married, even if having kids is the last thing I want in this world.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

4 User(s) Online Join Server
  • TypowaPolskaKobieta
  • haver25
  • kony97
  • Tujev