• This topic has 9 voices and 12 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #342133

    Anonymous

    Croatia becoming Europe's shopping centre Mecca

    image

    Croatian Times

    Croatia is amongst the European states with the largest area dedicated to shopping centres that currently cover some 900,000 square metres.

    That means there are 250 square metres of shopping centre for every 1,000 residents. The European average is 190 square metres, daily Slobodna Dalmacija writes quoting a study by independent agency "CB Richard Ellis."

    Croatians also lead the way when it comes to shopping for clothes. They spend on average 930 Euros a year, double what the Poles spend.

    Although both economists and citizens think it is time to invest in industry and production rather than shopping centres, Croatia seems to be a fertile ground for them.

    Milica Rakusa Martulas from the Croatian Chamber of Economy says that some 10 more megacentres are waiting to open their doors in the near future in cities like Split, Sibenik, Varazdin, Zagreb and Pula.

    With the arrival of these new centres, Croatia could really climb to the top of Europe when it comes to the number of shopping square metres or almost 300 for every 1,000 residents. That would make the country into a full blown shopping Mecca, the daily writes.

    Consulting house "RegioPlan" shows that Zagreb has overtaken Vienna with 555 square metres of shopping centre space per 1,000 residents.

    HGK’s Martulas says that although the general opinion is that Croatia has enough shopping centres, space and demand exists, especially in smaller counties.

    Economic strategist Branko Grcic on the other hand disagrees.

    "The state has instruments to influence certain sectors, so they should introduce mechanisms to encourage industry and production. Shopping centres cannot solve the payment balance deficit and fast-growing foreign debt, but industry could," says Grcic.

    He is also of the opinion that few shopping centres can keep afloat.

    "Shopping centres can hardly survive, but I do not exclude the possibility that some of them are popping up out of speculative capital," says Grcic.

    http://www.croatiantimes.com/news/Business/2011-09-06/21650/Croatia_becoming_Europe%27s_shopping_centre_Mecca

    …god we're dumb…everybody's crying that it's recession, no money, yet out of all European nations we're probably the smallest country with most shopping centers…

    #362801

    Anonymous

    It's like that all over Europe. ;) Recession, tighter budgets, unemployment, yet more and more people sit in shops and buy.
    Here in Poland, you have Auchan, Carrefour, Real, Tesco, Kaufland, Lewiatan etc. as well as slightly lesser shops like Lidl, Biedronka, PoloMarket etc. and everytime you go to one to buy something, it is packed with people, overflowing with s*** to buy, yet everybody is bitching about crisis, inflation etc. yet everyone spends their whole weekends in f***ing shops!!! Consumerism has Europe by its balls.

    #362802

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    It's like that all over Europe. ;) Recession, tighter budgets, unemployment, yet more and more people sit in shops and buy.
    Here in Poland, you have Auchan, Carrefour, Real, Tesco, Kaufland, Lewiatan etc. as well as slightly lesser shops like Lidl, Biedronka, PoloMarket etc. and everytime you go to one to buy something, it is packed with people, overflowing with s*** to buy, yet everybody is bitching about crisis, inflation etc. yet everyone spends their whole weekends in f***ing shops!!! Consumerism has Europe by its balls.

    Pretty the much the same in Bulgaria
    Since we entered  Тhe EU and these big western shops came to the bulgarian market we have tasteless meat, bread made of sour flours which turns into a rock in 24 hours, sweets which taste to cough medicine
    Thankfully to my grandmother who have 3 gardens we dont have to buy fruits and vegetables

    #362803

    Anonymous

    It is the same all along the former Eastern Bloc.
    Unresponsibility and post-revolutionary craze for everything Western have caused this.

    Big shopping centres damage economy of our countries because it is so hard to do business with them – for example, if you have a bakery and want your bread to be put on a shelf in Tesco you must first pay high fee (I think it was some 2000€ at some point); and small bakeries can hardly afford to throw out such amount of money.

    No country in the West would allow such an economic disaster to happen – you usually have only two or three supermarket chains there and finito.

    Solution? Do not support that damned Tesco, Carrefour or similar crap. We buy from small local groceries etc. if possible, and we try to avoid imported goods, especially Chinese or Polish.
    Indeed, Poland has too liberal laws concerning food and producing. For example, chicken meat is frozen in water instead of cold air. And so out of 1kg of "meat" there is actually 30% of water. And since it is cheaper, and homeland economic policies in Slovakia are so fucked up it is actually hard to find a product with "Vyrobené na Slovensku" in any shop.
    And so on.

    #362804

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Pretty the much the same in Bulgaria
    Since we entered  Тhe EU and these big western shops came to the bulgarian market we have tasteless meat, bread made of sour flours which turns into a rock in 24 hours, sweets which taste to cough medicine
    Thankfully to my grandmother who have 3 gardens we dont have to buy fruits and vegetables

    Haha, I noticed also how tasteless all food is from there. Fruit and vegetables are all bigger, but taste like water, while meat oozes out some watery crap before it is actually ready to eat. Nearest market to me is little bit far, so I guess I am stuck with Western "quality".

    #362805

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    as well as slightly lesser shops like Lidl

    Oh my god, you have that too? ;D ;D ;D
    I thought their range would be limited to Germany.

    #362806

    Anonymous
    Quote:

    Quote:
    as well as slightly lesser shops like Lidl

    Oh my god, you have that too? ;D ;D ;D
    I thought their range would be limited to Germany.

    There's one Lidl in my neigbourhood also :D we have them all jesus christ

    #362807

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Oh my god, you have that too? ;D ;D ;D
    I thought their range would be limited to Germany.

    LOL According to http://www.lidl.pl/ we have 525 Lidl branches, more than anywhere in Europe, except Germany, UK and France.

    I'm scared to see how many other branches of other stores there are here. ::)

    #362808

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Croatia becoming Europe's shopping centre Mecca
    image

    Hell yeah, there are nice clothes in H&M store at some time  ;D

    Just kidding, it's true that the shopping centres are always full of people who weep at home that they are sooo poor, oooohh nooo  :'(  ::)

    #362809

    Anonymous

    I f***ing hate this. Most of European industry is in China now. There are store's all over the land. I mean in Slovenia we have Mercator, Tuš, Lidl, Hofer, Spar etc. practicaly in every village. I am unemployeed and i am searching for job and all job's that are available are shopping store's.  ;D

    #362810

    Anonymous

    This is the GREATEST THREAT SLAVIC WORLD is faceing. Our countrys are turning into nations of shopkeepers, we don't produce anything and as any economist will tell you that 20 shopkeeper jobs are worth one productive/factory job.

    If there will be a Slavic Union and if we want to secure future dependent on none and prosperety for our children we need to start opening factories and throw out that toxic shit which flood our stores from pissskin land >:(

    #362811

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    This is the GREATEST THREAT SLAVIC WORLD is faceing. Our countrys are turning into nations of shopkeepers, we don't produce anything and as any economist will tell you that 20 shopkeeper jobs are worth one productive/factory job.

    If there will be a Slavic Union and if we want to secure future dependent on none and prosperety for our children we need to start opening factories and throw out that toxic shit which flood our stores from pissskin land >:(

    We should make tax break's for industry. Also we need to modernise our industry, basicaly most of Slovene industry went abroad becouse there are to big taxe's and becouse of old technology. But corruption is still main reason for all this shit. People with power any money dont want to invest in people who invented great thing's. Many inventions have been sold to foreginers becouse our mafia buerocracy didnt want to invest in them.

    #362812

    Anonymous

    Main thing to observe at Lidl are expiry dates-a lot of stuff is in bad shape;saw it in Croatia and in Ireland;Slovakia too….They are selling us c**p.
    As they killed the small shops the only place people go to nowdays is shopping centres,they become like a "corso" with aircondition/heating ("čaršija" or "pijaca" ;D

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

4 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Fia
  • jorgos
  • Tujev
  • kony97