• This topic has 4 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

[size=12pt]Croatia signs treaty to join EU in middle of 2013[/size]

Croatia has signed a treaty to make it the 28th member of the European Union
    from mid-2013, becoming the EU's second ex-Yugoslav member after Slovenia.

EU Council President Herman Van Rompuy welcomed the "historic" treaty signed at
    the EU summit in Brussels after seven years of tortuous negotiations.

Territorial disputes with Slovenia and demands for the arrest of war crimes suspects
    had dogged the bid.

Serbia, meanwhile, is unlikely to get official candidate status until March.

According to a draft statement prepared for the summit, EU leaders will praise Serbia
    for democratic reforms but call for more evidence of progress in relations with Kosovo
    before making a final decision, EU diplomats said.

Officials, who spoke on customary condition of anonymity, told the Associated Press
    news agency Montenegro was likely to receive the green light to open accession negotiations
    next June.

Mr Van Rompuy said Croatia would be an "active observer" in all EU forums until it
    became a full member.

Croatian President Ivo Josipovic told the leaders of the 27 existing EU states:
    "Today Croatia is entering Europe, but more importantly Europe is entering Croatia."

Yugoslavia's split into independent states in the early 1990s sparked bloody conflicts, the last
    of which enveloped the Serbian region of Kosovo.

Belgrade has refused to recognise Kosovo's 2008 declaration of independence.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16106982

Anonymous

Oh no, they're becoming Polack of Balkan.  :D

Croatia is a really neat place to visit. I hope joining the EU works out for them.

Anonymous

Maybe the Croatians can teach the British how to cook?  :D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Maybe the Croatians can teach the British how to cook?  :D

…and how to not be snobby bastards? ;)

Anonymous

Poor Croats, I feel sorry for them  :(  I hope, the EU will fall soon, just like the Soviet Union did.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Poor Croats, I feel sorry for them  :(  I hope, the EU will fall soon, just like the Soviet Union did.

It is not enough that EU falls… it must be then replaced with something. If it falls and Slavs have nothing to replace it with, then the West will just put up another "union" or whatever. Russia will attempt the same. The idea is to end the false east/west and commie/capitalist dichotomies and finally have Slavs do something for THEMSELVES.

So hope for more than just a "fall of the EU."

Anonymous
    Quote:

Quote:

It is not enough that EU falls… it must be then replaced with something. If it falls and Slavs have nothing to replace it with, then the West will just put up another "union" or whatever. Russia will attempt the same. The idea is to end the false east/west and commie/capitalist dichotomies and finally have Slavs do something for THEMSELVES.

So hope for more than just a "fall of the EU."

You are right, I'm not saying you aren't. A common Slavic "something" (union, federation, whatever) would be ideal (I hope so), but the change must come from below – from the people, seeing that the upper class does not like any pan-Slavic idea (they are EU-, US- or Russia-oriented – neither Russia-orientation is not pan-Slavic, but rather money-oriented).

Anyway, Croatia's membership in the EU won't help us neither our Slavic vision.

Anonymous

Slavs want in the E.U. because of money and capital and nothing more.  If Finland was any indication, the Slavic countries will probably develop a good economy and eliminate corruption within another 50 years.

Even the current protests in Russia (largely in the European sections thereof) are a very good indication of this trend.  Its' in the Slav nature to be in a free society (Novgorod Republic and the various Princely Confederations).  Slavic people never knew the harsh western styled serfdom until imported Germanic monarchs introduced it around the 1500s and the Germanic Hapsburg and Romanovs (so many of them had married German women) continued the institution as long as they could.
    Not like the people of England and France who have been serfs since the fall of the Western Roman Empire and were slaves until the very recent centuries.  No surprise, the British and French are the ones who obey every command of their political masters (liberalism / multiculturalism).

Anonymous

I sure hope that Slavs will proceed more like Finland the West in terms of modernization and working up their own prosperity. Brit historian and noted Polonophile, Norman Davies, actually compared the Old Commonwealth to the present day USA, as he called it very diverse in culture. I posted a video about that. I hate that comparison. While it is true that the PLC had many cultures, but it was very Slavic overall with a small Jewish minority in shtetls and never exercising political influence.

The key thing, now with the EU style liberalism, demographic stability will not happen on its own as it did with Finland, it will have to be proactively sought and fought for.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

11 User(s) Online Join Server
  • GOGA
  • кошка
  • slovborg
  • ca$hbunni
  • Oliver (TW BLOCK)
  • Jan Pat II