• This topic has 2 voices and 1 reply.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi all,

I have been searching for more information on obtaining my Croatian citizenship and what that entails without much avail. If anyone can advise me for any of this, I’d appreciate it immensely!

Some background: My mother is Croatian (emigrated to U.S, in the late 70’s so formerly Yugoslavian I suppose). My father is American.

1) Unfortunately, I don’t speak any Croatian.
    Is it still possible to obtain citizenship without the language?

2) Also, what paperwork do I need? My mother has her Domovnica and her birth certificate. My grandmother still lives in Pula and I imagine that also might help if I show copies of her citizenship as well?

3) Also, I am 30, would this affect my ability to be granted citizenship?

4) Has anyone out there been through this process? Could you tell me exactly what paperwork was required of you? Did you have to take a citizenship test?

5) To complicate things, I currently live in Japan, so I’m guessing I’d have to go to the Croatian embassy in Tokyo to process all of this? Or should I wait till I go back to the States?

6) Lastly, my husband is in the U.S. military with a top secret security clearance. I’ve been told that it is ok to apply for citizenship in another country as long as the U.S. is in good standing with the country of application. ( I will talk further with the legal department about this just seeing if anyone so happens to have been in this same situation.)

It’s a lot of questions I know, any answers would be great! Thank you in advance for any information or suggestions you can provide! Hvala!

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

Hi, check here on this thread

Anonymous

Thanks Perun!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • haver25
  • Tujev
  • kony97
  • TypowaPolskaKobieta
  • Glockamole