• This topic has 3 voices and 1 reply.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi everyone, I want to know if I am eligible to hold a Croatian passport. My grandparents on my dads side are both full blood Croatian dating back centuries, however my grandmum wasn’t born in Croatia but my granddad was. I still have some uncles and distant cousins living in Croatia. I also understand that you need to have decent knowledge of the language?

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

I think language is not an issue as you would be appointed to get a language class. You have a good standing if your family is from there and you have relatives living there.

It would be best to go to a local cro ambassy and say your case. I think there is a good chance you will be approved.

Anonymous

Fogle,

You can get Citizenship as long a Grandparents can be proved to be born on Croatian Soil and the did not renounce their Citizenship. There are some other requirements but that is the main one. I wrote about my family’s process to us all get Citizenship here:

http://www.slavorum.org/forum/discussion/comment/34887/#Comment_34887

There is a process and takes some time to get all the documents but it was worth it the first time returning to Croatia AFTER we got our passports. We just flashed them in the airport, the said Hvala and waved us through! The other times we had to stand in line and be asked questions.

You also don’t need to know anything of the language or take classes, unless you want to learn which I did. People have said that several times on this site but it’s untrue and not sure where some on here get their information or just hearsay. I just followed what the Consulate or Embassy told me, they are the Final Decision.

Putnik

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • TypowaPolskaKobieta
  • Tujev
  • Glockamole
  • kony97
  • haver25