• This topic has 24 voices and 71 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #345110

    Anonymous

    I think such a union, federation or a state would be pretty cool.

    Similar language – Kajkavian dialect
    Tourist state and more stable economy – Summer tourism in Croatia seaside and winter tourism in Slovenian alps.
    Stability – similar history, no wars, both Catholic, similar language.

    image
    (montenegro is on the map because it's some tourist travel image, just focus on the topic)

    What are your opinions on this? The prons and cons as well?

    #411552

    Anonymous

    I think definetly good idea in future. If by union you mean something like common currency, defence battlegroup, etc. :)

    #411553

    Anonymous

    Actually Povhec, Croats desire to annex Slovenia, be careful!  :D

    #411554

    Anonymous

    We shall call it Hrvenija, or maybe Slovatska ;D

    #411555

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Actually Povhec, Croats desire to annex Slovenia, be careful!  :D

    Thank you for warning. Yes we must be more causious. ;D

    Quote:
    We shall call it Hrvenija, or maybe Slovatska ;D

    Well i don't think this union neccesarly needs specific name. Why not maybe just Sloveno-Croat Union or name of town where this deal would be made lets just for joke say in Rjeka so it would be Rijeka pact. :)

    #411556

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Thank you for warning. Yes we must be more causious. ;D

    Well i don't think this union neccesarly needs specific name. Why not maybe just Sloveno-Croat Union or name of town where this deal would be made lets just for joke say in Rjeka so it would be Rijeka pact. :)

    Zagorje pact, since both countries have zagorje region :D

    #411557

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Zagorje pact, since both countries have zagorje region :D

    Indeed this is very good idea actually. :D

    #411558

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    or maybe Slovatska ;D

    Slovatska-Slovačka (croatian for Slovakia) so … that would make some misunderstanding  ;D

    #411559

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    I think such a union, federation or a state would be pretty cool.

    Similar language – Kajkavian dialect
    Tourist state and more stable economy – Summer tourism in Croatia seaside and winter tourism in Slovenian alps.
    Stability – similar history, no wars, both Catholic, similar language.

    image
    (montenegro is on the map because it's some tourist travel image, just focus on the topic)

    What are your opinions on this? The prons and cons as well?

    This map distorts the sizes of both Croatia and Slovenia. Northern Croatia and Slovenia appear larger. If we wanted a federation we would've done so in the 1990s. Only a portion of Croats speak Kajkavian as a primary dialect while the rest are Stokavci and Cakavci ( Istra and Islands). Tourism already works well in both countries and is one of the main sources of growth. We already have an exchange of Slovene tourists in Croatia during the summer and Croatian tourists in Slovenia over the winter. There are many aspects of Cro history that are similar to Slovene but then there are also many aspects that have little to do with Slovenia ( and vice versa). Since Croatia and Slovenia are already Catholic Slavic states then had our history been similar enough we would've become the same nation today. In other words if you look at Croatia's Balkan neighbors , Serbia, Montenegro , and Bosnia – had we all  been the same religion there is a good chance we would've become part of the same nation. That didn't happen with Slovenes. Honestly I don't know of Croatian intellectuals that outright rejected Slovenes as the same as us ( in fact the Illyrian movement made strong overtures at them) but I believe there were historic Slovene intellectuals that were very against Croatization and they succeeded obviously. And lastly economy , I doubt the Slovenes would want to have much to do with our economy. Croatia gets by but has huge economic problems that Slovenia has already ironed out for themselves. Croatia is also one of the most bureaucratic and corrupt states in Europe and really is a psuedo-kleptocracy. I doubt the Slovenes would want to subject themselves directly to our nasty politics.

    Other than that. I'm not entirely opposed to the idea. Had Yugoslavia been different to include just Slovenia and Croatia + arguably some parts of Bosnia and northern Serbia I.e. the more prosperous parts of Yugo) then it probably couldve worked very well. Unfortunately my honest opinion is that Croatia is too corrupt for such a union and more importantly I think the majority of people on both sides would oppose.

    #411560

    Anonymous

    Xexo u mean like federation but i mean more like loose union. Ofc. Slovenia would stay Slovene state and Croatia would stay Croat state. Just that we would have some joint economic, defence, etc. deals.

    #411561

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    This map distorts the sizes of both Croatia and Slovenia. Northern Croatia and Slovenia appear larger. If we wanted a federation we would've done so in the 1990s. Only a portion of Croats speak Kajkavian as a primary dialect while the rest are Stokavci and Cakavci ( Istra and Islands). Tourism already works well in both countries and is one of the main sources of growth. We already have an exchange of Slovene tourists in Croatia during the summer and Croatian tourists in Slovenia over the winter. There are many aspects of Cro history that are similar to Slovene but then there are also many aspects that have little to do with Slovenia ( and vice versa). Since Croatia and Slovenia are already Catholic Slavic states then had our history been similar enough we would've become the same nation today. In other words if you look at Croatia's Balkan neighbors , Serbia, Montenegro , and Bosnia – had we all  been the same religion there is a good chance we would've become part of the same nation. That didn't happen with Slovenes. Honestly I don't know of Croatian intellectuals that outright rejected Slovenes as the same as us ( in fact the Illyrian movement made strong overtures at them) but I believe there were historic Slovene intellectuals that were very against Croatization and they succeeded obviously. And lastly economy , I doubt the Slovenes would want to have much to do with our economy. Croatia gets by but has huge economic problems that Slovenia has already ironed out for themselves. Croatia is also one of the most bureaucratic and corrupt states in Europe and really is a psuedo-kleptocracy. I doubt the Slovenes would want to subject themselves directly to our nasty politics.

    Other than that. I'm not entirely opposed to the idea. Had Yugoslavia been different to include just Slovenia and Croatia + arguably some parts of Bosnia and northern Serbia I.e. the more prosperous parts of Yugo) then it probably couldve worked very well. Unfortunately my honest opinion is that Croatia is too corrupt for such a union and more importantly I think the majority of people on both sides would oppose.

    If you think we're only corrupt state in Europe you're very wrong. Most of our corrupt politician did do the corrupt deeds due to corrupted politician from other countries. Hypo bank? (Austria). Ina? (Hungary) and so goes on the list.

    #411562

    Anonymous

    Well economically Slovenia is in problems too + i would definetly agree with Pentaz especially regarding with cases like Hypo-Alpe Adria, Raiffeisen bank, etc. Besides i said in future this would be plausable union. :)

    #411563

    Anonymous

    If you guarantee that you won't try to croatise us or any dirty tricks, I'm inn.  ;D

    #411564

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    If you guarantee that you won't try to croatise us or any dirty tricks, I'm inn.  ;D

    LOL in some sort of EU type of Cro-Slo union this wouldn't be very possible imo.

    #411565

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Xexo u mean like federation but i mean more like loose union. Ofc. Slovenia would stay Slovene state and Croatia would stay Croat state. Just that we would have some joint economic, defence, etc. deals.

    I know what you mean but I'm not sure what you mean by economic and defense deals. Economically we already have good deals afaik. What more is needed do you think? About defense, being NATO members pretty much solves that for now.( btw , I am not trying to provoke a political conversation about NATO, just stating a fact.) What more is needed? If you propose two independent and separate countries sharing resources then that's already pretty much the case. Seems like you guys want a united country between the two. Actually I'm not entirely opposed to it but I just stated some obvious problems that would be in the way.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Australian Santa
  • Piachu
  • Yung Slav
  • Родни Никотин ☭
  • Woodju
  • Fia